Bad NWOBHM

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Hehehehe... Interesting thread for sure.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

FAG

DMR wrote:If people are getting riled up over Demon, this is going to drive everyone berserk: Witchfinder General. When I got Death Penalty, I thought it was going to be like Angel Witch. Instead most of it is second-rate Sabbath worship with awful lyrics (No Stayer and Free Country are so bad they nearly make me embarrassed to be a metalhead). Burning A Sinner is a cool tune, but that's about it.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

To me, WFG is one of the best bands ever.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I personally love Witchfinder General musically, but some (not all) of their lyrics really do suck, either just because it's written poorly or because I disagree with it ideologically. WFG is obviously a band with conservative views, and I tend to stray liberal. The lyrics for 'Death Penalty,' for example, irk me, if they're actually meant sincerely.
daniel

Post by daniel »

The only reason I disagree with the death penalty is that it's too easy a way out for some sick fucks.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Oh, so how's the current economic crisis hit the job market for you willing and able torturers and hangmen?

Edit: Just read the lyric (Death Penalty) and I must say - no matter the sinister/nice cover photo, this WFG lyrical shit is right up ol' PMRC's alley. I can easily imagine Tipper Gore applauding and singing along. :D
Last edited by GJ on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daniel

Post by daniel »

That's really an impossible question if it's directed at me, thinking of what I just wrote...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Maybe I should've edited "hangmen" out? I rather liked the ring of the word though.
daniel

Post by daniel »

No man, I meant I wouldn't think there's anything morally wrong with certain people being put to death for their actions, but I would think that's too easy a way out, so I'd rather they suffer as long as possible, depending on the crime.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Then maybe you should read my posts again, because what you just said is what I had in mind when I wrote it. Is my English that bad? :oops:

Or did you mean by...
daniel wrote:I'd rather they suffer as long as possible, depending on the crime.
...they're to suffer from their own guilt then - not from you removing their toenails?
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yes I didn't mean they should be tortured, just have to live in shitty conditions until they die.
mordred

Post by mordred »

"The Unexpected Guest" = top 10 NWOBHM LP for me.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Sammi Curr wrote:Dark Star is fucking awesome. :evil: Triarchy is really good too...

Demon is completely mediocre in every way...
Dark Starr ,compared to Demon, is really third class music man.

And ,as Mordred said, The Unexpected Guest is a solid piece of total metal class!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

mordred wrote:"The Unexpected Guest" = top 10 NWOBHM LP for me.
now we are talking :roll: bravo!
DMR

Post by DMR »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:FAG

DMR wrote:If people are getting riled up over Demon, this is going to drive everyone berserk: Witchfinder General. When I got Death Penalty, I thought it was going to be like Angel Witch. Instead most of it is second-rate Sabbath worship with awful lyrics (No Stayer and Free Country are so bad they nearly make me embarrassed to be a metalhead). Burning A Sinner is a cool tune, but that's about it.
I'm not the one who likes listening to a guy sing about getting his dick sucked.