80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
bigfootkit

Re: 80's Metal fanzines - discussions/tips/page-feedback (CONTRIBUTORS WANTED!)

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:05 pm
tbieri wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:31 pm You find stuff like this at work??? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes, my library receives legal deposit and is in charge of the reserve copy of everything ever printed in Sweden, to be preserved for eternity.
Wow, cool job. Sounds like interesting work.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Holy crap, DaN, you have been very busy with adding zines these days. What additions, man. Can't wait for next vacation to check them out pronto.
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 am Holy crap, DaN, you have been very busy with adding zines these days. What additions, man. Can't wait for next vacation to check them out pronto.
Cool you noticed! Yes, I've recieved some killer contributions this last year and was also able to borrow some collections from esteemed local HM scenesters like Janne Stark and Lennart "Phantom" Larsson ...and there's still tons more to come 8)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I've also noticed the newest little batch. Kudos for Morbid #2. Thanks to Mr. Cronberg and Roman as well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:48 pm I've also noticed the newest little batch. Kudos for Morbid #2. Thanks to Mr. Cronberg and Roman as well
oh doG YES, I had been looking for Morbid #2 for aaaaages... Real glad to find all the issues of Not as well. That Jonas Åkerlund-Bathory interview (mini) is a pretty unique find I'd say.
Still more to come, as I try to do these updates semi-regularly/monthly now, adding portions from a "bank" of stuff I've collected in the past year...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 pmoh doG YES, I had been looking for Morbid #2 for aaaaages... Real glad to find all the issues of Not as well. That Jonas Åkerlund-Bathory interview (mini) is a pretty unique find I'd say.
Do you know or at least hold the opinion it is pristine? It was easier to interview an alien than anyone associated with BATHORY, imho.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:43 pm
DaN wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 pmoh doG YES, I had been looking for Morbid #2 for aaaaages... Real glad to find all the issues of Not as well. That Jonas Åkerlund-Bathory interview (mini) is a pretty unique find I'd say.
Do you know or at least hold the opinion it is pristine? It was easier to interview an alien than anyone associated with BATHORY, imho.
I'm pretty sure Jonas never did another Bathory-interview in the 80's, but the often-seen statement that Quorthon would be hard to get in contact with back in the days is pure myth. The numbers speak for themselves:
Bathory interviews from the 80's
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:28 pmI'm pretty sure Jonas never did another Bathory-interview in the 80's, but the often-seen statement that Quorthon would be hard to get in contact with back in the days is pure myth. The numbers speak for themselves:
Bathory interviews from the 80's
Well, it is a mythical band, innit?

And cheers for the anthological solution. You could post that link on the site as well. Welcome for the lazy bums like myself.