Heavy Load- Swedish Conquest cd???

...and all CD issues goes here.
The_Elite

Heavy Load- Swedish Conquest cd???

Post by The_Elite »

Anyone have any info or know anything about this??? I assume it's a bootleg, but does anyone either know the material or know whether it is decent quality or not???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEAVY-LOAD-Swedis ... tsupported
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

haha wow.we greeks are the biggest crooks on the planet for sure.there's no salvation for our dna.
anyway,this is a recording off the swedish radio,has good sound quality,'s been going around the internet for years,and its easy to find and download,do just that and do NOT buy this piece of shit-this is burned off the mp3s going around anyway.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

it's on bigfootkit's blog and the sound quality is really good, like MassOfKthulu said
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Here, I'll give you a tip.
Item location: Greece
= avoid.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

Haha- I was going to mention the Greek thing, but thought better of it!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

hmm well I must say that always prefer to have a real cd -even if it a bootleg- than mp3... but pay such a price for that cd is just a crime.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

But is it a CD-R or a silver printed CD?

Because I've seen another seller that has it along with a Coroner CD (with Demo and live) and a Ariya Live in Stavropol 1987.

Before bidding such items, I would like to be sure they're factory pressed CD
mordred

Post by mordred »

jnfernal wrote:But is it a CD-R or a silver printed CD?

Because I've seen another seller that has it along with a Coroner CD (with Demo and live) and a Ariya Live in Stavropol 1987.

Before bidding such items, I would like to be sure they're factory pressed CD
A silver piece of bootleg shit, a slightly green piece of bootleg shit, who cares?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
mordred

Post by mordred »

Ha-ha this is the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen. There are two great sounding radio live recordings of Heavy Load from 1982, recorded a few months before the release of the Death or Glory album. This release, according to the track listing, would be a combination of both but it omitts several songs, including most of the unreleased ones (songs like Give it Time and Get Out of Here)! What a fucking travesty!
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

ah...... :?
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Here you go, it sounds great, but as everyone said, it's a rip off bootleg that'll sound no better than the mp3s.
Enjoy the mp3s instead:

http://liveandotherwise.blogspot.com/20 ... chive.html
Stark

Japanes... yeah right

Post by Stark »

Just like all the Japanese Nexus Heavy Load CDs that are suddenly popping up. All Greek bootlegs. They are even with OBIs! One seller even said "This is not the original press but som later edition". It was never re-issued by Nexus.
In this case I can actually only blame the band themselves. They could have actually made some money out of this if they would re-issue the albums with some cool artwork, nice bonus tracks etc. They own the rights themselves!
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

So, why don't they?
Stark

Post by Stark »

Beats me...
We've tried to make them reform for Sweden Rock, but they were very very reluctant. When I talked to Reina about it he said "Nah, it has to be many gigs lined up, and worth it if we shall take the time to rehearse". They seem to be plain lazy I'm afraid. But, since they have their own label, have released other bands like Veni Domine, I honestly don't understand their negligence and reluctance to re-issuing their own albums, but leaving it up to the bootleggers. As I said, it beats me...
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
mordred

Post by mordred »

I interviewed Ragne Wahlquist for the Candlemass Chronicles #2 and took the liberty to ask some questions about possible Heavy Load activity, or the lack thereof.

During the interview we were sitting in his apartment with two hellraising (but lovely) young daughters running riot. At the question if he would like to reform Heavy Load to play some gigs he said it would be fun, but he adviced me to have a look around him and tell him if I thought it looked like he had the time. That's what it came down to, he's raising a family, wants to buy a house and probably doesn't own a guitar anymore.

Second question was if they could imagine re-releasing the back catalouge since there are lots of people who listen to Heavy Load and would want to have the albums. He answered with a rethorical question; "do they want the music or do they want a piece of plastic?". What he meant, at least I think so, is that anyone who wants to listen to a Heavy Load record can download it in the blink of an eye, so it's not like the music is not available.

What he wanted to, and that's his and theirs number one priority as far as Heavy Load goes, was to finish that last LP that was written and partially recorded in 1987-88. In order to do that, he needs to be able to buy that house and build a studio there. It's not likely to happen anytime soon, but I got the impression he considered that some unfinished business he really liked to complete.