2009 releases

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Desolator

Post by Desolator »

Realmbuilder is great. They're weird and I love it. Some parts are fucking shit but I still love them. It's just so weird and yet it works. Only thing I could complain is the black metal connection(!) but I can't give a shit when they sound like what they do. I want more! They sound pretty much NOTHING like Manilla Road though...

The Lamp Of Thoth is the best of 2009. Christian Mistress too..!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Noisenik wrote:Per-Ola, what has disappointed you on that one? The fact that they're still not going to 80's or they're worse than on EoG? IMO, HoC is at least a class higher than EoG.
I liked Enemy of God a lot and I think I liked Violent Revolution even more. This new one though doesn't do anything to me. I find it really boring.
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
mordred wrote: Some disappointments:

HEAVEN AND HELL - The Devil You Know
and why is that?? i mean, i want it, i have just heard one song
You've heard "Bible Black"? Stop at that, it's the only song you need to hear in my opinion.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Really looking forward to the new output of aussies noisy Death mongers Vomitor ! The live recording fucking shreds
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

DaN wrote:
alien laserblast wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
REALMBUILDER is a band with a very clever concept, but they seem to have a lack of skills to deliver it properly. They (try to) play obscure epic metal in a MANILLA ROAD sense, but some songs are just a bit wayward. Listen to their myspace songs, and maybe you know what i mean. I woudn't be surprised though if they end up as a cult band for some fans.
Just checked them out and ordered the LP... this is great, real unique sound and SOLID hooks. Singer has a cool casual approach... Can't wait to jam the rest of it. Thanks for posting.
Oh doG, a friend of mine bought this one on Peter/IHate's recommendation and we both found it so awful we laughed out loud. Sure, they got some good ideas and a promising concept but everything else, playing, production and especially the vocals - Horrendous.
Just got the LP in the mail.
I'd say the concept is kind of dull & trite but everything else, playing, production, and especially the vocals - Jammin'.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

I finally got my mitts on the new Iron Man. To say it shreds is an understatement, it's a whipping spanky on the baby buttocks of core metal!

I must say it's the first time that a vocalist proves up to the task, now they're really ready to conquer!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Devilment wrote:I finally got my mitts on the new Iron Man. To say it shreds is an understatement, it's a whipping spanky on the baby buttocks of core metal!

I must say it's the first time that a vocalist proves up to the task, now they're really ready to conquer!
Too bad about the black metalistical background vocals. They bring the record down a bit. I still like their other records better.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

from METHOD (KOREA)'s 2nd new album

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=59028048

when i looked this video, i was a little surprised because i know the vocal personally. :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Nicko McBuff wrote:MIDNIGHT PRIEST - The Priest is Back demo!
Definitely the best tape for me.
6is9
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

The Knell wrote:Really looking forward to the new output of aussies noisy Death mongers Vomitor ! The live recording fucking shreds
Yeah, what the fuck are they doing with that album?
Ordered both version of the live maxi lp, can't wait to listen to it !
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Astra Wally wrote:
The Knell wrote:Really looking forward to the new output of aussies noisy Death mongers Vomitor ! The live recording fucking shreds
Yeah, what the fuck are they doing with that album?
Ordered both version of the live maxi lp, can't wait to listen to it !
Dunno it's announced since like 2003 but it should be really out in the next months. I hope so. The live EP is supposed to be a teaser. "Caligula" promises good stuff for sure!!
Bleeding The Priest is one of the best albums of this decade
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

The Knell wrote:Dunno it's announced since like 2003 but it should be really out in the next months. I hope so. The live EP is supposed to be a teaser. "Caligula" promises good stuff for sure!!
Bleeding The Priest is one of the best albums of this decade
BTP is totally genuine death/thrash. Instant classic for me.
Don't know if it's actually Black Ace fault, but this delay is really annoying.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

THE DEVIL's BLOOD - The Time of no Time Evermore is awesome.

I do believe the hype! :D
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

What hype? They just got to tour with Pentagram.

The Sinister Realm album is great so far and I'm expecting more greatness from Count Raven, which should be here next week.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Black Axe wrote:What hype? They just got to tour with Pentagram.
they keep getting hyped in the big mainstream magazines here.. even in non-music papers like DER SPIEGEL for being "true satanists" etc. :wink:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

sagrotan wrote:
Black Axe wrote:What hype? They just got to tour with Pentagram.
they keep getting hyped in the big mainstream magazines here.. even in non-music papers like DER SPIEGEL for being "true satanists" etc. :wink:
Oh, that explains it. I never read those.

Guess I'll see what they're really worth live next month.