Exodus - Bonded by Blood

...and all CD issues goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:
big mouth wrote:Mine says 88561-8019- (V) :.

Kinda strange..made in USA..and It doesn't look like a bootleg....
It's not. I've owned both US and Japan pressings, the US copy is your typical late 80s Nimbus release, with the same matrix and slightly tacky lacquer layer on the label side (you know, the kind it's impossible to get fingerprints off of, annoying as hell). I think my Japanese had two plus signs, perhaps these designate 1st and 2nd pressings? Just a guess. But anyways the US pressing is definitely legit, probably from 87-88 before they changed the cover.
I never knew that the "US pressing" had a "MASTERED BY NIMBUS" prefix in the Matrix. That's actually good to know. The 87-88 years would also make sense then.

http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/255136

This should be the CD then. I inquired with the guy behind this listing in the past and he left out the "MASTERED BY NIMBUS" part of the Matrix Number when I had asked him for it.

Like I said, it all makes sense now.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:One thing - when were Megadeth forced to ban These Boots off their debut album? Because my version was made in the US, but it still comes with 8 tracks (and I also owned the US Combat press w/ 7 tracks).
Not sure. Apparently the 8 track version is supposed to be "rare", but I see it quite commonly and more often then the 7 track version.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

sovdat wrote:One thing - when were Megadeth forced to ban These Boots off their debut album? Because my version was made in the US, but it still comes with 8 tracks (and I also owned the US Combat press w/ 7 tracks).
Early 90s I believe. Though strangely the Canadian Combat pressing maintained these tracks until at least 1998, a friend of mine bought 6 sealed copies (complete w/ these boots) from a chain record store (either Virgin or Tower, can't remember) when he visited Toronto that year. I doubt they were old inventory/deadstock at a large chain store like this, and to find that many copies is unusual (he bought them all to supply us back home, the 8 track seemed impossible to find locally, I had only the cassette).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:
Early 90s I believe. Though strangely the Canadian Combat pressing maintained these tracks until at least 1998, a friend of mine bought 6 sealed copies (complete w/ these boots) from a chain record store (either Virgin or Tower, can't remember) when he visited Toronto that year. I doubt they were old inventory/deadstock at a large chain store like this, and to find that many copies is unusual (he bought them all to supply us back home, the 8 track seemed impossible to find locally, I had only the cassette).
I know that "These Boots" was originally forbidden by Nacy Sinatra upon her initially hearing the song which caused it to be removed from the album. However, I know that it was later "Okay'd" by her down the road as long as the "swear" words were censored. I'm not sure which year this was though, so that could also explain the "Canadian Pressing" issue.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I don't think it does, the song was 'allowed' for the 2002 remix/remaster travesty, complete with censor beeps all throughout the track. The Canadian Combat press has same sound as every other 8 track I've owned since (Japan Combat, US Combat, Japan 25DP) and is uncensored. Just one of those mysteries I guess.