ARGUS - S/T (Shadow Kingdom) OUT anyday NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Shadow Kingdom

ARGUS - S/T (Shadow Kingdom) OUT anyday NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

With those of you familiar with Butch era PENANCE (USA Classic Doom), you already know how great his vocals are and those of you who aren’t will learn soon. ARGUS, a new and hungry band from the USA are very well versed with the Maryland Doom Metal and Epic Heavy Metal scene. They released a very well written Demo in 2007 on John Brenner’s Bland Hand Records as a download. For those of you that loved the Demo like I did, this is what you would expect their full length to sound and then some! THE LORD WEIRD SLOUGH FEG fans are going to go absolutely nuts over this album for the sheer volume of twin axe guitar shredding alone!! There are a lot of catchy, layered riffs on top of many hooks and sing a long choruses. On top of all these well-written Epic songs, there are TROUBLE-eque Doom Metal break downs to die for feathered throughout the album. Shall I say “instant classic”? That’s for you to decide. Look for them to release a 10” EP on one of my favorite labels, The Miskatonic Foundation in the near future as well.

http://www.myspace.com/theargus

1. Devils, Devils
2. Bending Time
3. From Darkness...Light
4. Eternity (Beyond, Part I)
5. None Shall Know the Hour
6. The Damnation of John Faustus
7. The Effigy Is Real
8. The Outsider

Coming (hopefully) May 2009

2 new songs posted at the space site.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Psychedelic cover!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

What beautiful cover art!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
nabel

Post by nabel »

I must buy this, their 07 demo is very good! And that cover makes me dream......DEATH.
Helm

Post by Helm »

nabel excellent reference right there

I adore the Yithian cover.

I wasn't as impressed by the myspace songs I heard but obviously this music needs time to sink in. Will listen more.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The cover beckons me to buy it on vinyl.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

When I can afford it, it will go vinyl.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Out now.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Feedback?????
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Got this one a couple weeks ago. Fantastic release. One of the best releases of the year so far. Another stellar release on the Shadowkingdom label. Keep up the great work.
EzraCobb

Post by EzraCobb »

This is a fantastic album... Great solos and wonder vocals by butch... this is not ur typical doom album loaded with similar sounding "plodders"... This is pure metal.... I saw them live at the Born too Late Festival II last weekend and they KILLED!!!! this is my #2 release of 2009 - Iron Man - I.h.r. is #1