Some rare Italian compilations

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
DaN
Administructor

Some rare Italian compilations

Post by DaN »

Here's 2 of the finest European underground compilations I've heard in a long while. All recordings should be exclusive to these albums (not counting demos of course).

"Heavy Metal Eruption" from '83 was one of the first (if not THE first) Real Metal comps from Italy, mostly known for including the DEATH SS-track "Black & Violet", but it's also full to the brim of top-quality, fast and raw HM from the likes of HALLOWEEN, CRYING STEEL, SHINING BLADE etc.. The ROLLERBALL track rips - creepy and unique stuff w/ wild Toto Bergman/Steve Sylvester-like vocals. Another cool surprise is the ELEKTRADRIVE track "The Lord Of The Ring", unlike their other wimpy material a fantastic Epic Metal scorcher!

"Heavy Metal Made in Italy" from '84 is equally great. More storming material from SHINING BLADE and ELEKTRADRIVE, as well as a killer exclusive GUNFIRE track, the raw & mean BLACK EVIL, unknowns WHISPERING BELLS (best track on the album?) and more. Enjoy:
http://rapidshare.com/files/210965592/Italy.rar
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cool! Metal Eruption is a good one, haven't heard it in years! Don't know the second one, so I'll def. check it out. Thanks for sharing!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I have a rip of HM Eruption and it's great but I haven't heard the other comp. I can later upload Not Just Spaghetti And Mandolini comp in this thread if someone wants to hear it.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Thanks a bunch. Now playing Heavy Metal Eruptian, great stuff!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Erlking wrote:I can later upload Not Just Spaghetti And Mandolini comp in this thread if someone wants to hear it.
Please do. I had the opportunity to pick this one up for a decent price, but got the impression it was the typical late 80's 50/50 Sleeze/mediocre Thrash comp. Need to hear it for final judgement.
Black Axe

Re: Some rare Italian compilations

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:Another cool surprise is the ELEKTRADRIVE track "The Lord Of The Ring", unlike their other wimpy material a fantastic Epic Metal scorcher!
Yes, great song. That main riff has always been awesome. :lol:
pzman

Post by pzman »

Many thanks for this, DaN!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yes, two great compilations. I prefer HMMII a bit more. My favourite tracks from each one are HALLOWEEN's "Vikings" and BLACK EVIL's amazing "Hell's Rats" that wasn't included in their demo.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Immerstahl

Post by Immerstahl »

Mixtape favs! I really love these compilations...

"Mr Mountain"... what an anthem, haha!
Charge of the night brigade!
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Thanks for these, sounds interesting, hopefully something special...molto grazie ragazzo!!!
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Thanks a bunch.

I'll have to give this a listen, hopefully, some time this week...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

hell yes, thanx for this. I will listen to it as son as it downloads
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Thanks for sharing. I didn't realize, that ELEKTRADRIVE had such great songs like "Secret of the Holy Grave" and "Lord of the Rings".

Outstanding! I need to purchase that album, as soon as possible. It's always nice, when you discover greatness, where you didn't expected it.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Dan, thanks for the rips, I've had these albums for about 15 years but have not listen to them for 6-7 years, will be good to hear them again.
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Many thanks Dan for the Italian steel. Some great songs on both of these compilations.