The state of The Market...

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

doomedplanet wrote:Jan Svanhill still does his list. Never sells elsewhere that I am aware of. I just bought a couple of things off it, first time in about 5 years, for 2 reasons: 1 the euro is down a bit and 2. he actually had something off my wantlist that wasn't at least twice what I was willing to pay for it.

That being said he does have a lot of records that are not super high priced this is nice to still see.
glockose wrote:How many people still buy off of RARE RECORD sale lists?

How many still do sale lists?
Not sure what you mean by that. He does have an Internet site which he sells off, though I love receiving his catalog and prefer to shop from that..
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

his printed catalog is identical to his website.

I meant exactly what I said. He sells nowhere else beyond his set sale list. No ebay, no record conventions/fairs, no gemm, etc.
great_knuthulhu wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:Jan Svanhill still does his list. Never sells elsewhere that I am aware of. I just bought a couple of things off it, first time in about 5 years, for 2 reasons: 1 the euro is down a bit and 2. he actually had something off my wantlist that wasn't at least twice what I was willing to pay for it.

That being said he does have a lot of records that are not super high priced this is nice to still see.
glockose wrote:How many people still buy off of RARE RECORD sale lists?

How many still do sale lists?
Not sure what you mean by that. He does have an Internet site which he sells off, though I love receiving his catalog and prefer to shop from that..
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

doomedplanet wrote:his printed catalog is identical to his website.

I meant exactly what I said. He sells nowhere else beyond his set sale list. No ebay, no record conventions/fairs, no gemm, etc.
Ah, now I understand you properly. I thought you may be saying he didn't use the Internet *at all*.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.