AMULANCE debut album (..and other rare NRR-releases)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
big mouth

AMULANCE debut album (..and other rare NRR-releases)

Post by big mouth »

There's a question I have regarding their debut album on NRR, did he ever get pressed on vinyl in the States because every copy I've seen was labelled as "made in west germany"..... I'm trying to find the U.S. press but no luck so far, so I'm wondering if it got pressed there....
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I had been wondering the same thing for a while, until I had closer look at a friend's copy and yes, a US original on NRR does exist. That's the only copy I've ever seen though.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN, that is interesting because I had to get my copy from Germany, never saw a US press, maybe you can get a photo or scan of back cover and label, would be interesting to see. I wonder if the US pressing got scrapped or something like that?
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Well Dan I was hoping it wouldn't exist so I wouldn't have to look further for it, sad day haha! :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:DaN, that is interesting because I had to get my copy from Germany, never saw a US press, maybe you can get a photo or scan of back cover and label, would be interesting to see. I wonder if the US pressing got scrapped or something like that?
I guess it's possible that fewer copies than usual were made, considering it was one of the last vinyl releases on NRR. I've noticed this on a lot of label discogs. Probably has something to do with the label running low on cash towards the end.

I'll fix a scan next time I'm at the guy's place, but that might not happen for a few weeks.

Another thing, does anyone have AMULANCE's "Holocaust" promo 7"? I could use a picture of this obscurity for the site.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Yeah post a scan of that press when you can..I'd love to see it. I have that "holocaust" 7"... will scan it onje of these days for sure.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

this would be what dan is looking for if my camera worked..
http://www.geocities.com/epic_metal/PICT0004.JPG
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MassOfKthulu wrote:this would be what dan is looking for if my camera worked..
http://www.geocities.com/epic_metal/PICT0004.JPG
Cheers! I might actually be able to use that after some Photoshop-trickery. What's the color of the label supposed to be? Something like this? - - > Image
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

For the life of me i cannot get the flashlight to not reflect on the seveninch.
It's red, the way you see it,i didnt do a Knell on you,haha
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I'll post a clearer one when I get home, Dan
The label is Red
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Cheers, John. Would be ace.

While we're on the subject: Does anyone know of any more of these NRR promo-7"s? The only ones I've found while working on the discog are AMULANCE, HELLION, INTENSE MUTILATION and DENIAL. The last one seem to be a real curiousity, featuring only one track ("Antichrist President"), which later appeared the band's debut CD on a different label. Could use a pic of that one too.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

DENIAL
I dont know this
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

glockose wrote:DENIAL
I dont know this
Don't know much about it either - I don't think I've even heard the band - but it's offered here:
http://www.dimension7-records.com/conte ... ndex.9.htm
http://www.musickitchen.musicstack.com/ ... em=5648997
http://www.musicstack.com/item/5648997/ ... +president

..and it seems I need to retract what I said about "..released on another label". The CD was apparently co-released by NRR.

Edit: I took the liberty of editing the topic title. Hope it's OK.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

DaN wrote: Don't know much about it either - I don't think I've even heard the band

..and it seems I need to retract what I said about "..released on another label". The CD was apparently co-released by NRR.
excellent thrash, one of mine favourites, great production too...

btw. cd of Denial was released on Colossal records, as BloodFeast third album or Ironchrist, Killjoy or Soothsayer cd's and that are NRR bands too
and interesting on Denial cd writes NRCD63 Morgan La Fey music, so it seems it is NRR
Stormspell

Re: AMULANCE debut album (..and other rare NRR-releases)

Post by Stormspell »

There was an MC and LP domestic pressing of "Feel the Pain." I remember that coz Thom Braddish told me Ann had given them 1 LP and 2 Tapes as free personal copies. She knew there are 5 musicians in the band, but she gave them 3 pieces only...