Dealer UK - I'm confused as hell

...and all CD issues goes here.
In The Raw

Dealer UK - I'm confused as hell

Post by In The Raw »

Ok - so I have this cd called "Boogie Booze and Birds" - decent nwobhm.

Now I'm prowling around the Stormspell site and I see another DEALER cd. My "Booze" cd has none of the song titles mentioned on the "Bootlegged" cd info.

Malc's excellent book clears some of this up - but I have 2 questions.

Is there a substantial amount of different material on the "Bootlegged" cd?

Are both of these cds official releases? Or just the "Bootlegged" one on No Remorse? My "Booze" disc has no bar code, but I suppose it still could have been self-released...

Thanks in advance.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

only the bootlegged version is official, you can check it in their space site:
www.myspace.com/dealeruk
P.S: Their STUDIO DEMO'S CD has the same tracklist, except one different song, and different artwork ofcurse, moreover the BOOTLEGGED CD includes lyrics, extra pics and infos...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

BlackStele wrote:only the bootlegged version is official, you can check it in their space site:
www.myspace.com/dealeruk
P.S: Their STUDIO DEMO'S CD has the same tracklist, except one different song, and different artwork ofcurse, moreover the BOOTLEGGED CD includes lyrics, extra pics and infos...
Thanks man.

I've placed an order/reservation through Stormspell to get the ONR cd. Are the other cds the band are selling cdrs? I'd love to get some of that stuff but I'm not crazy about cdrs.

Slightly, ot, but it looks like the ONR records website is gone. I hope the label is still around!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I just processed your order, cheers for the support!

Other than that I've been extremely busy lately with my upcoming releases and haven't had time to listen to this DEALER CD yet. The only thing I can comment at the moment is the artwork... I mean using a band photo is okay, but come on, posterizing it to the level it becomes one huge pixel blur is totally pointless and unpleasant.

Such things affect me to the point I dont feel compelled to pop this CD in my player... my loss I guess...
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

In The Raw wrote:
BlackStele wrote:only the bootlegged version is official, you can check it in their space site:
www.myspace.com/dealeruk
Thanks man.

I've placed an order/reservation through Stormspell to get the ONR cd. Are the other cds the band are selling cdrs? I'd love to get some of that stuff but I'm not crazy about cdrs.

Slightly, ot, but it looks like the ONR records website is gone. I hope the label is still around!
No, they are all originals, I've ordered all of them(except Bootlegged which I purchased some weeks earlier) from Trev some time ago...he is the coolest guy ever...I suggest you to purchase them directly from him, you won't regret it! :wink:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I've been wanting to order those CDs for some time now, I need more money.
stormspell wrote:The only thing I can comment at the moment is the artwork... I mean using a band photo is okay, but come on, posterizing it to the level it becomes one huge pixel blur is totally pointless and unpleasant.

Such things affect me to the point I dont feel compelled to pop this CD in my player... my loss I guess...
Typical ONR artwork. :lol:
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Black Axe, they're cheap: 10English pounds each+postage for your area...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I wouldn't call 10English pounds each+postage cheap by any means :lol:
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

stormspell wrote:I just processed your order, cheers for the support!

Other than that I've been extremely busy lately with my upcoming releases and haven't had time to listen to this DEALER CD yet. The only thing I can comment at the moment is the artwork... I mean using a band photo is okay, but come on, posterizing it to the level it becomes one huge pixel blur is totally pointless and unpleasant.

Ha ha. It is pretty crappy "artwork" but my "Booze and Birds" cd doesn't look much better - and that one's a bootleg (though I had no idea it was when I bought it). And I just paypaled you, btw.

Seriously, your stuff has really nice artwork and I have most of your label's releases - but until now I've bought them from Sentinel Steel (Denis was my first "metal" dealer from ages ago). I think I'll pick up your stuff directly from you from now on though. Denis will still get plenty of my money. :)

Back OT - thanks for the help guys and I'm going to contact the band and get some of those other cds. They are expensive for me since I live in the USA but there really is no other way to get the stuff... and I want it!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

stormspell wrote:I wouldn't call 10English pounds each+postage cheap by any means :lol:
...Oh, come on... :P
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

In The Raw wrote:until now I've bought them from Sentinel Steel (Denis was my first "metal" dealer from ages ago). I think I'll pick up your stuff directly from you from now on though. Denis will still get plenty of my money. :)
Thanks for the support! Denis (Sentinel Steel) is one of the few dealers which pay cash for my releases, so I fully endorse him as distributor and encourage people to buy my releases from him.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

stormspell wrote:I wouldn't call 10English pounds each+postage cheap by any means :lol:
Have you seen what the Pound is worth these days. :lol: Practically a bargain compared to (half) a year ago.

I'll get 'em as soon as money doesn't equal no on my bankaccount.