Ebony Records Youtube Videos.

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Satan is Our Pal

Ebony Records Youtube Videos.

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

OK, so I've made the bold decision to make a documentary on the Ebony Records label. It's pretty much in the embryonic stages at the moment. I'm almost finished my degree on filmmaking and plan to use this as my first project.

What I need is scans/copys of any reviews/adds/interviews etc etc that mention this company in any way, shape or form.

The house where the studio/label was run from is still very easy to locate and I plan to visit it in the coming weeks.

Have a look here

Any help would welcomed, you can email me at karlnolan75@yahoo.co.uk

Hope this is OK Dan?
Last edited by Satan is Our Pal on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Sounds like an interesting project, i wish you well with it. I don't have much to contribute unfortunately, but if i do come across anything i'll be in touch. Perhaps the Swedish board members could hunt down Syron Vanes and force them to reunite for the climax of the movie?
I can dream. :D
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Here's a small titbit of info that may be of interest regarding Tarot Sutra who appeared on the "Metallic Storm" compilation, and their recollections of recording with the label. It comes from the band's bass player Keith Webb who left the comment at my blog, their drummer also got in touch, but his recollections didn't mention Ebony. Hope this is of interest and good luck.

Keith Webb said...

Hi , I'm Keith the Bass player of Tarot Sutra...and was knocked out by your comments. We also recorded another song that day at Ebony (which was our 'anthem') called Love Stains - but Darren refused to put it on the Album..We even thought about changing it to Loves Chains just to get it on.
We had a double albums worth of great material - which I still listen to occasionally - although most of my recordings are just tapes of rehersals.
If any one is interested tho I have at least 20 copies of Metalic Storm - all unplayed - in my garage...maybe i'll stick them on Ebay!
Who knows it might even fund the Tarot Sutra reunion!

Once again - thanks for the comments - this was the first time I thought to google Tarot Sutra and it's great to know that we put down something that someone has listened to...and i'm delighted to see that we have also become a futuristic sex cult in the meantime!
Satan is Our Pal

Bigfoot that is great, do you have any contact details? please feel free to pass mine on to the guys in the band and ask them to get in contact, Good idea about our Swedish members, any info regarding the dealings with Ebony would be great, Keen Hue, Saigon etc.

Would love to track down Darryl Johnston.

Keep it coming.
splat66

Post by splat66 »

I was a big fan of Ebony, that Metallic Storm album ground down my needle I played it so much. They also had the great French band Nightmare for an album or two.

Good luck man, and anything I can find out I'll let you know.

-Patrick
Satan is Our Pal

I now have a myspace (it's been going a couple of days) set up for the Doc, which is now going to be a DVD and book package in a slipcase. It's title is 'Battlescarred' after the Blood Money LP of the same name.

I've managed to dig up some amazing stuff thus far, plenty of startling revelations. inlcuding a release that nobody knows about, only 100 pressed. I have 12 interviews lined up and I'm currently conducting 3. I will have in my possession very soon pictures of the studio with bands recording in it etc.

Still looking for Metal Forces, Kerrang! etc reviews adds, cover scans(Reaction records) old reviews of albums, promo stills, anything at all. Please help out as this project is taking shape very quickly.

Link to page below.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =476306938

Cheers

Karl.

cleofilms@ymail.com
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I have Unrest6 "Rock Meets Metal” and Unrest 10 "Full Force" comp lps if you need scans, etc from them for your myspace page. I'm very curious about the unknown lp.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I need that Metallic Storm LP ! Much better content than the Metal Maniaxe LP I have
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Satan is Our Pal

doomedplanet wrote:I have Unrest6 "Rock Meets Metal” and Unrest 10 "Full Force" comp lps if you need scans, etc from them for your myspace page. I'm very curious about the unknown lp.
Yep that would be very nice indeed. The record in question will be revealed in the book, I may have uncovered other records that never got beyond the white label promo stage. Watch this space.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

I have lots and lots of old mags, I believe there's several interviews/label specials about Ebony. I'll take a look for you, are you also interested in single reivews of Ebony albums? Advertising etc?
Satan is Our Pal

The Knell wrote:I need that Metallic Storm LP ! Much better content than the Metal Maniaxe LP I have
If you haven't purchased Metal Warriors yet, then do as this for me is just as good as the Metallic Storm set and cheap to boot.
snaps666 wrote:I have lots and lots of old mags, I believe there's several interviews/label specials about Ebony. I'll take a look for you, are you also interested in single reivews of Ebony albums? Advertising etc?
Yes, anything connected with the label at all. The adds I remember were great, I just don't have the finance/time to buy all the back issues of Kerrang! etc. I'm putting most of the money into the production side of things and travelling all around the UK.

Does anyone fancy interviewing and filming Syron Vanes in Sweden if I can arrange it, they want to be involved and because they played a major role in the history of Ebony an interview via the web wouldn't suffice.

Many thanks in advance everyone I hope I'm not annoyng the shit out of ya, cheers to Rob for the scans, I owe you a beer, shall I send it by aimail or surface post? :D

Just picked up the mega rare Sample & Hold LP, a nice find indeed and one I forgot add to my Ebony wants list. I'll put a scan on here asap Dan for your Ebony page.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

I already found lots of reviews and some ads, mostly in less common magz, are you also interested in stuff in other languages? Like German, Duthc and Danish?
Satan is Our Pal

snaps666 wrote:I already found lots of reviews and some ads, mostly in less common magz, are you also interested in stuff in other languages? Like German, Duthc and Danish?
Yes, this would be more desirable for me, just to make things more cultured as it were. Thanks snaps666.

Syron Vanes has just emailed to say they would be up for a video interview no problem at all, any offers? get in touch.

cleofilms@ymail.com

HAIL!
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Satan is Our Pal wrote:
snaps666 wrote:I already found lots of reviews and some ads, mostly in less common magz, are you also interested in stuff in other languages? Like German, Duthc and Danish?
Yes, this would be more desirable for me, just to make things more cultured as it were. Thanks snaps666.

!
Cool, no problem at all... I have been looking through a good bunch of mags, and so far there's at least 20-30 pages to scan, will see if I can get it done later tonight... Have no other plans today anyway, and it's always great to have an excuse to read old mags hehe.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

email sent... :wink: