Bootleg Warning Thread

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Was Violent Force - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow officialy rerelased on the CD (Roadster Records) or is it a bootleg?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARRIOR-FIGHTING-FO ... dZViewItem

Just insane - I have the same version of this CD (apparently, judging by that inner scan - band photos) - most probably a boot, 'cause I bought it sealed a couple of years ago.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:Was Violent Force - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow officialy rerelased on the CD (Roadster Records) or is it a bootleg?
Bootleg for sure! Never released on CD!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Korgüll wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Question: Does anyone know if the copies of the first two DEATHROW cds (Satan's gift/Riders of doom & Raging Steel) which are circulating nowadays are officially re-released?
Pretty sure these were never 'officially' released on CD!

Only 'Deception Ignored' & 'Life Beyond' were officially released on CD, for crazy prices now unfortunately!
I thought so. Thanks anyway.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
peterott

Post by peterott »

Korgüll wrote:
sovdat wrote:Was Violent Force - Malevolent Assault of Tomorrow officialy rerelased on the CD (Roadster Records) or is it a bootleg?
Bootleg for sure! Never released on CD!
well, Roadrunner re-issues their old vinyls/CDs only with Metal Mind Prod. (with whom they finally agreed officially). So either the re-issue comes from MMP or it is most probably a bootleg.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Violent Force is 100% bootleg on CD. Made somewhere in the US or Sth America!?
I have this bootleg & the sound and layout is actually quite good...worth tracking down if you can get it cheap.

I'm pretty sure Roadrunner only licensed the Violent Force from Roadster!? It wasn't a 'RR' release!

You can put it in the same boat with all the other bootlegs such as HEXX, VIKING, DEATHROW, MANIAC, SABBAT, SAVAGE GRACE etc... TONS!!!

As far as I know MMP have released all the Roadrunner releases they are going to do.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Korgüll wrote:Violent Force is 100% bootleg on CD. Made somewhere in the US or Sth America!?
If I'm not mistaken, the booklet says that the CD was made in Germany. (But the booklet was probably just copied from the LP version, as it has the A & B sides for songs).

http://sovdat.moj-album.com/slike/24080 ... CUJy.v.jpg
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

sovdat wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the booklet says that the CD was made in Germany. (But the booklet was probably just copied from the LP version, as it has the A & B sides for songs)
Yeah I have the same copy.
Have a look under the CD and the writing around the centre, it has the website address of www.dgrinc.com
...which is a CD replication place in the US, where anyone can press anything they want... :D
DeathLörd

Post by DeathLörd »

I won that HELL LP bootleg off a reliable seller from Canada. He seemed like a solid guy since he always had rare and amazing LPs for sale. Anyways, as soon as I won I got a message from the guy of Miskatonik warning me that it was a bootleg. He said that they had the rights to release an official version but 2 years later I still haven't seen anything about this official release.....

The DEMON PACT LP was also a bootleg from the same guy. Too bad as I want to hear that too....
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

[quote="Korgüll"]Violent Force is 100% bootleg on CD. Made somewhere in the US or Sth America!?
quote]

it is chilenean. It was released by the guy of Keltik records who also bootleged exorcist, piledriver, deathwish, original sin, etc. The funny thing is that he always claim to hate bootlegs. Funny guy in deed
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Anyone knows about the DAMMAJ - Mutiny CD Version? It appears on ebay very often now, it seems. Is it a Bootleg? A guy told me this album originally never happened to be released on CD. One of the Gilbert Bros. thought about rereleasing it (a re-union, too) 3 years before.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Knell wrote:Anyone knows about the DAMMAJ - Mutiny CD Version? It appears on ebay very often now, it seems. Is it a Bootleg? A guy told me this album originally never happened to be released on CD. One of the Gilbert Bros. thought about rereleasing it (a re-union, too) 3 years before.
I don't know about this particular CD, but generally beware of the following in ebay auctions: Many sellers who claim something like "The CD is factory pressed, but i don't know if it's a first edition or a reissue" DO NOT tell the truth and you should stay away from their auctions. Stuff like MILLENIUM, INCUBUS, COBRA, SHIVA,RECON,RANKELSON,FIFTH ANGEL(jap edition with obi!),BANSHEE is bootleged on CD and it's not officially released. I was told that approx. 100 new 're-issues' came from Germany the last months and included such titles. Don't crucify me if the country is wrong, but be sure that the total amount of those titles is somewhere near the number i mentioned above :shock:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

The Knell wrote:Anyone knows about the DAMMAJ - Mutiny CD Version? It appears on ebay very often now, it seems. Is it a Bootleg? A guy told me this album originally never happened to be released on CD. One of the Gilbert Bros. thought about rereleasing it (a re-union, too) 3 years before.
It's a bootleg ! There are many, many new bootlegs out, and most of them are really shitty ! You can hear the dust on the needle !!!!
You better buy a USB-Turntable and make them by yourself !
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

This guy is the Ebay king of bootlegs!
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZvegasc ... ooZ1QQrdZ0?

I love the way he has the 'loop-hole' clause in all his descriptions; for example: "WAS RELEASED IN 1986/2006. ITALIAN IMPORT" or "WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED ON ***** LABEL IN 1989" - says it all really!

I also always get nervous when the description says Italian/Greek/Russian re-issue!!!! for me this = BOOTLEG!

Funny too, I picked up THE worst bootleg of all time today! TZAR-PLAYERS OF THE GAME...!!!!!!! I only bought it b'cos it was just the worst excuse for a CD bootleg I'd ever seen!!! :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, this one is very interesting too:

bootleg aka "rare rerelease" for $91 (which is actually a normal price for the regular CD): http://cgi.ebay.com/INC-Razorback-CD_W0 ... dZViewItem
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

Beware of Rata Blanca's "La leyanda" DVD that was recently released, as a chear rip from VHS tape...fuckers!