SWORD - Metalized CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
vansinne

SWORD - Metalized CD

Post by vansinne »

The CD suddenly dropped in price at places like Amazon, so I assume that a reissue has been made available. Does anyone know who's behind this and if it differs from the original in any way?
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

It was most likely remastered(ew) and got a better booklet
btw,I have the original(near mint) for sale/trade
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

To my knowledge this was re-issued once already but with everything exactly the same.

I'm content with my original Combat copy.

At least I know for sure that it's the real deal.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

New & sealed copies for $15? Apparently re-issued, plus it says 2008 as release date, so most definitely so. I've only seen the Combat & Aquarius CD versions, my vinyl is on Scratch Records but seems they never released it on CD. No idea the label behind this rerelease, possibly Aquarius still up and running???
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:New & sealed copies for $15? Apparently re-issued, plus it says 2008 as release date, so most definitely so. I've only seen the Combat & Aquarius CD versions, my vinyl is on Scratch Records but seems they never released it on CD. No idea the label behind this rerelease, possibly Aquarius still up and running???
Not sure about this re-issue, but the first set was by Aquarius which is still in business.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

According to Amazon, it was re-released by Unidisc on February 15, 2008.
No bonus tracks, and it doesn't say whether it's remastered, so i assume not.
I just remembered i saw Sword live supporting Motorhead in '87 ( i think ), had completely forgotten that until now, i believe Barley Wine was imbibed! :)
The song that stood out was "Stoned Again", must dig the album out & give it a spin.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

bigfootkit wrote:I just remembered i saw Sword live supporting Motorhead in '87 ( i think ), had completely forgotten that until now, i believe Barley Wine was imbibed! :)
The song that stood out was "Stoned Again", must dig the album out & give it a spin.
Metalized is a top 10 album for me and one of the greatest bands to ever come out of my home country.
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Unidisc puts out low quality releases.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Unidisc puts out low quality releases.
It's probably a bootleg...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Avenger wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:I just remembered i saw Sword live supporting Motorhead in '87 ( i think ), had completely forgotten that until now, i believe Barley Wine was imbibed! :)
Metalized is a top 10 album for me and one of the greatest bands to ever come out of my home country.
Indeed, a superb album. Especially the supreme vocals are 10/10. I love this album to death.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Is the LP of this band hard to track down?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Apparently this is a re-issue on Krescendo Records, which is a new offshoot from Majestic Rock Records dedicated to 80s re-releases.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

stormspell wrote:Apparently this is a re-issue on Krescendo Records, which is a new offshoot from Majestic Rock Records dedicated to 80s re-releases.
And they have been suspected to be a little shady with their re-releases. I would go with the Aquarius press - that one is great.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Pestkrieg wrote:Is the LP of this band hard to track down?
No, easy to find and cheap too!
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

What a masterpiece and what a great band... I have a strange print of Metalized, infact I added it on MS, I wonder if the Combat USA is the real first press - honestly I don't care a lot (not going to buy that Combat version for sure, I gladly keep this one) but just out of curiosity http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/13474