Bands everybody else labels as mediocre but you love anyways

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

The Knell wrote:deathkorps + metal tit = best bandname / album title combination
how does this sound by the way
I have no idea!!! I would love to find out....hopefully the entire album is just exactly like Bulldozer's 'The Derby'...for 40 minutes...with lyrics like:
"I am the tit of terror!
I am the tit of hell!"
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
hload

Post by hload »

noisehunter, gravestone, stranger, no trouble, alien force, creature, redstorm, zarpa, black hawk etsetera etsetera.....
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

hload wrote:noisehunter, gravestone, stranger, no trouble, alien force, creature, redstorm, zarpa, black hawk etsetera etsetera.....
I think CREATURE is a very good melodic metal album, not something I couldnt live without, but it is highly enjoyable.

REDSTORM have a couple of killer tunes as well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote:
hload wrote:noisehunter, gravestone, stranger, no trouble, alien force, creature, redstorm, zarpa, black hawk etsetera etsetera.....
I think CREATURE is a very good melodic metal album, not something I couldnt live without, but it is highly enjoyable.

REDSTORM have a couple of killer tunes as well.
Haven't heard Creature or Redstorm but Gravestone and Stranger are more than average for me.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:Stranger are more than average for me.
The first album kicks ass.

The second unfortunately is a piece of shit.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

OK I think Noisehunter & Alien Force are rather mediocre, but enjoyable. I really like the Crystal Knight album though.
hload

Post by hload »

The Knell wrote:OK I think Noisehunter & Alien Force are rather mediocre, but enjoyable. I really like the Crystal Knight album though.

i'll pretend that i never read this..... :P

edit:(too young to die on cd is at least 10X rarer than c.knight.... :lol: )
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

hload wrote:
The Knell wrote:OK I think Noisehunter & Alien Force are rather mediocre, but enjoyable. I really like the Crystal Knight album though.

too young to die cover really sucks tho
hload

Post by hload »

The Knell wrote:
hload wrote:

so i'm assuming that you'll give it to me when you find it? one of the 4-5 german cds i'm still missing. i was listening to it today in the car(the trax of it were bonus in spell of noise cd reissue)......deutsche mania.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

hload wrote:
The Knell wrote:
hload wrote:

so i'm assuming that you'll give it to me when you find it? one of the 4-5 german cds i'm still missing. i was listening to it today in the car(the trax of it were bonus in spell of noise cd reissue)......deutsche mania.
i probably would for the right trade, yes.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The Knell's thread makes me think of this :MORSURE, I love "Acceleration Process".
hload

Post by hload »

The Knell wrote:
hload wrote:
The Knell wrote:

i probably would for the right trade, yes.

send it here and i promise thaat i'll make a huge poster of magdalena neuner to decorate my wall. 8)
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

after racking my brains for ages I found a couple:

Warning from France, the guitar sound is a sheer barrage of steel! but I understand that crappy lyrics and the odd stupid reggae song completely spoil listening to them.

Malteze Falcon, yeah alright they enjoy an okay status but I think they friggin rip!!! sharp, solid and nasty, a bit Acceptish I find.

and for a newer band I'm thinking of Witchsmeller Pursuivant, this is awesome trad. heavy metal but completely unique, I simply love their sweatingly rocking "manifest of evil"
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas
DMR

Post by DMR »

Not a band, but an album: Manowar - Fighting the World. I think it's one of their best.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DMR wrote:Not a band, but an album: Manowar - Fighting the World. I think it's one of their best.
After that tons of crap they have released the last 15 years, I guess it is safe to say that Fighting the world is one of their best.
I don't hate it by the way, many great tracks there for sure and I personally prefer Defender version on the album, only Blow your speakers and Violence and bloodshed are pure garbage. It's just can't be compared to Hail to England, Sign of the hammer or Into glory ride
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart