TYRANT-ANTHOLOGY CD 2 ???!!!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
steelegacy

TYRANT-ANTHOLOGY CD 2 ???!!!!!

Post by steelegacy »

[This thread is moved from Victim Of Time/Mod.]

We were thinking of releasing Tyrant -Anthology lp on cd since many people have asked for it and many would like to have this one on cd too,as the lp was sold out very fast.We wanted to ask the band if they wanted but mostly we asked if they had more material except the demo and we insisted on that as we wanted a cd with bonus and not just a rerelease of the lp version.I had thought that they may have this live which includes the "lost and lonely" track that we used for the lp,but the answer was negative ,which i consider it a bit strange.Finally the band said that there is no more material and suggested to rerecord the material (demo and 7") with his new band,something i consider a not so good idea with a bad result.i am afraid of such re recordings with new members and stuff.
I would like to ask the Corroseum community what do they think of such release ...wouldyou like to see theirold material rerecorded or just have the lp version on cd,but with no bonus unfortunately ??Let us know please,your opinion counts a lot!!!!!!

We Will Soon Announce The Titles Of Our Next Releases Which Will
Be Out On The Fall Of Winter!!!!

Till then we want to give a big thank you to all who have supported us and to all who hold the flag of metal high!!!!

www.steel-legacy.com
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

I would love to see the LP re-released on CD. I am not interested in re-recorded versions.

Thanks!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Like Axecrazy, i'm not interested in re-recorded versions of old material by new line-ups.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Same here, eventhough I adore this vin, I'd like to see the old material, with the old line-up re-released again on CD, just for those who weren't able to grab a vin copy...(will a vinyl re-release in limited copies again be possible??)
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood wrote:i'm not interested in re-recorded versions of old material by new line-ups.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I can only echo everyone else here. Old material is very interesting, new recordings of the old material far less so.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

AxeCrazy wrote:I would love to see the LP re-released on CD. I am not interested in re-recorded versions.

Thanks!
I 100% agree with this.

If it's the LP version I will purchase a copy on CD.

If it's re-recorded, forget about it.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DMR

Post by DMR »

Like everyone else, I think you should put the old recordings on CD. It doesn't matter that there won't be any bonus tracks. Those songs were good enough for you to release the first time, so why would you need anything else for a CD version?
mordred

Post by mordred »

The sound quality on the 7'' and demo is good enough as it is, so there's no point in rerecording the old songs. I think, even if there is no bonus material, it's a good idea to release the LP on cd to make it available for those that don't have a record player and those who didn't get a copy when the LP was released.

But there is still another two track demo. Don't they wanna release that as well? I think that demo slays, and the sound quality is better than on anything else they recorded.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

To go against the grain I wouldn't mind to hear re-recorded tracks but only if they're featured alongside the original tracks as well on the re-release anthology. This being said the original material is by far the most important and shouldn't be replaced at all.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

thank you for your suggestions,i suppose that we will ask for a rerelease of the lp as it is, on cd edition ,even with no bonus material which makes me dissapointed a bit.I wouldnt like a re recorded edition too.
concerning the other demo,yes,i am aware of that demo ,i have heard it and its quite good,but i think i will have to ask another guys permission for that because its Danny Guillim on guitars from chinatown on those recordings and not the guy with whom i work with ,and happens to be the founder member of the band.But i think i will make a try and ask
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I would like to see this on a SILVER CD,
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I would like to see this on a SILVER CD,
With a good remastering, better booklets and better colors in it.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

do not change the great cover art!
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

doomedplanet wrote:do not change the great cover art!
The cover art does fit perfectly what Tyrant and N.W.O.B.H.M. seemed to be about.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"