Bands everyone loves but you hate

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

Oh yeah, I agree! The music is great but they are definitely a band I really have to be in the mood for otherwise no way!
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

I can't say I hate the band cause I only know this album + a couple of songs of the first, but seriously this sound more mainstream and "gay" than the majority of later Glam Metal bands. This is barely Metal to me. Overdose of happiness, cheesy refrains and cheap synthetisers ruin everything for me.

AM I ALONE ? :)
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

NO YOU'RE NOT! Very boring to my ears.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I have heard only their debut. The A side is totally great (even if chesy and commercial), the other side is totally ulistenable.
Bearer of the Black Sword

Post by Bearer of the Black Sword »

*first post* hehe

Accept. Really don't see anything at them.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

J.K. wrote:Image

I can't say I hate the band cause I only know this album + a couple of songs of the first, but seriously this sound more mainstream and "gay" than the majority of later Glam Metal bands. This is barely Metal to me. Overdose of happiness, cheesy refrains and cheap synthetisers ruin everything for me.

No, I've bashed this band countless times here when they are mentioned.

ZERO BALLS.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Avenger wrote:
J.K. wrote:Image

No, I've bashed this band countless times here when they are mentioned.

ZERO BALLS.
DEMON IS GREAT!!!!! :mrgreen: and im pretty sure you both like other things with much less balls and way more mainstream than Demon...plus the lyrics on The Unexpected Guest are great, better than 95% of modern black metal bands(and not so modern ha...)
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:plus the lyrics on The Unexpected Guest are great, better than 95% of modern black metal bands(and not so modern ha...)
Such statement doesn't seem honest in your mouth, I wonder why :lol:
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

I've only got the "Night of the demon" LP and like it for 75%.
There are some great songs on it and some weak.
Herkus Monte wrote: The A side is totally great (even if chesy and commercial), the other side is totally ulistenable.
I would not say "unlistenable", but quite boring and sometimes weak, except "Fool to play the hard way", this one has got a nice Southern Rock feeling.

I need to listen to their later records in order to get a better overview of their work.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Well, if one can't stand hardrock at all, then DEMON is probably the wrong band. But for me the first two albums are classics with their own style, atmosphere, catchy as hell and a terrific singer. The only DEMON album i don't like at all is "Spaced Out Monkey". Rap vocals and synthesisers are bad enough on their own, but together on one record, oh dear...
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Well, if one can't stand hardrock at all, then DEMON is probably the wrong band. But for me the first two albums are classics with their own style, atmosphere, catchy as hell and a terrific singer.
thats why you are my friend Peter :P

plus Dave still sounds amazing live,not like many others still around...
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Demon is a great band. Singer Dave Hill has a charismatic voice that you don't find in most Metal bands. "Unexpected guest" is my fave Demon album ("Taking the world by storm" comes a close second).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Rap vocals and synthesisers are bad enough on their own, but together on one record, oh dear...
That made me laugh uncontrollably.

Now, do I not only dislike this bands early work but I'm never going to listen to that album either.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

There's something very intriguing about Demon's 1983 album "The Plague".
By that time they were more of a Prog band than Hard Rock/Metal, but that record has a really dark atmosphere and some excellent lyrics.
They were label mates of Discharge at the time on Clay Records, i wonder if they ever toured or jammed together? :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Lama

Post by Lama »

bigfootkit wrote:There's something very intriguing about Demon's 1983 album "The Plague".
By that time they were more of a Prog band than Hard Rock/Metal, but that record has a really dark atmosphere and some excellent lyrics.
They were label mates of Discharge at the time on Clay Records, i wonder if they ever toured or jammed together? :lol:
Well, they've shared a few members (Les Hunt, Nick Bushell and Steve Brookes).

Not the biggest Demon-fan (yet), but that gig last year on KIT was amazing. Great atmosphere, and sometimes I had the feeling that just everyone in the venue was singing along.
Kampel Destruction