New Exodus?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
msp

New Exodus?

Post by msp »

I confess the last album I heard by this band was Fabulous Disaster way back when. The tracks I heard from their last two albums on "Sampler CD's" sounded fairly dire.

From reading the reviews of the new one it seems to get a mixed response, either really good or shaking of heads in despair from people lamenting the demise of the band.

Is it worth a purchase? I might pick it up if I can get it cheap.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

If it's the same nu-metal garbage that they have put out on the last how many albums, I'm not even interested in giving this a single listen.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It's a good surprise ! When I bought it, I didn't know what to expect about it, but imo, this album is brilliant, the riffs are awesome !! The new singer is very aggressive. The only trouble with this album is that the songs are a bit too long (mainly 8 to 10 minutes).
mordred

Post by mordred »

It's quite boring. The one before that was a huge piece of shit. But the first album since the reunion, Temp of the Damned, was good. On that one it's pretty much the old lineup, with Zetro Souza on vocals etc. These days only Gary Holt remains.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

mordred wrote:It's quite boring. The one before that was a huge piece of shit. But the first album since the reunion, Tempo of the Damned, was good.
Yes, Tempo Of The Damned was very good, the other two are very average at best!
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

I recently picked it up. I like it and think it is quite good, even better than their last two. IMO, it's not quite as aggressive as the last two. Lots of killer shredding guitar work.
HellsNecromancer

Post by HellsNecromancer »

Avenger wrote:If it's the same nu-metal garbage that they have put out on the last how many albums, I'm not even interested in giving this a single listen.
I listened Shovel Headed Kill Machine cd months ago...
ultra boring vocals, ugly modern thrash riffs (like swedish/metalcore stuff) and a big useless production. Stay-away-from-me.

I also saw them on stage last year, bonded by blood and metal command with more fast drumming (Bostaph) are a fucking shame.

sorry for my spaghetti english :lol:
anthares

Post by anthares »

There is some decent riffs! But the production sucks.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Tempo was fabulous!I really love it!But the rest are rather average with some good songs and nothing more.............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Tempo was ok, maybe good but not great imo. After that.. oh well, not my cup of tea. Boring songs, disgusting production and overall-lame
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

I regard Tempo to be their best together with BBB.

The last two was really mediocre. Especially Atrocity which could be the new The Haunted-album..

A pretty overrated band I would say.
msp

Post by msp »

I bought the album on vinyl and finally got around to spinning it on Sunday.

I don't think it is a bad album and certainly sounds better than what I heard of both Tempo and Shovel. However some of the tracks do tend to drag on a bit and I think the album would benefit from some of the songs having 1 to 1 1/2 minutes knocked off. I would rather have 40 minutes of rippers than 60 minutes in which 15 minutes is padding songs out.

I will play this album a few more times I am sure but I can say it is not one I will be reaching for each week.