NWOBHM - Arc tape

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
AxeCrazy

NWOBHM - Arc tape

Post by AxeCrazy »

Many years ago I tracked down one of the Whitbread brothers. He gave me this tape. The first 4 songs are from the singles, but the last 4 are unreleased live songs. Ripped @192.

Enjoy!

NEW LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNS76GTO
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Thanks! I'm not as crazy about WotR as many nwobhm fans; it's good, I just don't put it on a pedistal the way many people do.

I predict this will be a rather popular d/l around here :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

4 unreleased ARC tracks !!! Thanks a lot !
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

is there a contact for ARC avilable?

thanks for the upload!!!!!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

THAAAANXXXX!!! :D
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Huge thanks for this!!!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Definitely a great find...unique band..never know there were any recordings except the singles....thanks!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thanks a lot for that. Been looking forward to hearing more from this band - now let's hope it lives up to expectations.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
tearitup1234

Post by tearitup1234 »

Thanks alot Axecrazy, been very interested in checking out any of their other recordings.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Interesting songs but since there are no more tracks on this tape like 'War of the Rings" I guess it just doesn't excite me much. If the other so called unreleased material is like this, I guess any potential excitement has been deflated. But cool to hear this material regardless.
ARC

Post by ARC »

Thank you!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Thank you for sharing this. I listened to it a couple of times, the songs were quite good, but none of them stuck to my mind the way WotR had. The possibility of finding another WotR in the unreleased material seems much lower now. You never know though until you hear the complete recordings...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Finally listened to the other single the first time. Like the live songs I can't say that those are ,,worse" than mighty WotR. In fact I found them nearly par with their masterpiece and now I'm more interested in hearing their reunion than before...that tape fucking kills and need a proper release with more material. Listen to the live songs again! How intense the beginning of Ghost Rider is for example. Immidiately I thought of Pagan Altar's ,,Volume One". Imagine that on a proper single / production and you have your second War of the Ring guys.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

On first listen I wasn't too impressed by the unreleased songs, but I'm also not as into WotR as many NWOBHM fans. I'll play it a few more times and try to get a better feel for 'em
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Honestly I dont understand why everyone says their first single is mediocre or "50-60/100". Especially the ,,Tribute" song is great.