New Manilla Road

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
tomas

New Manilla Road

Post by tomas »

Has anyone heard this one?
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=185090

The cover doesn't look good according to me, looks like ugly photoshop madness!
mordred

Post by mordred »

It's a bit of a dissapointment so far. Unexpected, since 'Gates of Fire' was so great. That's one of their best efforts as far as I am concerned.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Helm

Post by Helm »

Actually I think this is easily one of their best efforts as of late.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Well, the one guy on Metal Archives sure loves it. :lol:
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

It's a good album. That much I can say right now but I still need to listen to it a couple more times. Certainly not a disappointment.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I didn't like much Atlantis Rising, and that was the newer album I've heard. Are they still playing in that style, or what does this one sounds like?
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I'm not a fan of *Atlantis Rising*, *Spiral Castle* I like a lot, *Gates of fire* bored me so much I haven't listened to it all, gonna try again this weekend, haven't bothered with the new one yet...
mordred

Post by mordred »

It took a while to get into it. I like it now, though not as much as Gates of Fire. The letdown is the vocals, because Shelton sounds really weak. I wish Hellroadie would have sung on this album, because he has so much more power these days, and he sounds exactly like Shelton used to sound anyway.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

I was pretty disappointed with it on my first listen, It got better with repeated listens but I still don't think it measures up to gates of fire,Blood Eagle and the title track are probably my favorites from it.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Cochino wrote:I didn't like much Atlantis Rising, and that was the newer album I've heard. Are they still playing in that style, or what does this one sounds like?
All Manilla Road albums sound similar to each other yet each is different. I think they are a good example of a band that has managed to vary their sound back and forth while still retaining their trademark sound. The new one is somewhat similar to Atlantis Rising actually, but there's hints of Mystification as well. Gates of Fire on the other hand is more along the lines of Open the Gates and The Deluge.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Ι don't find the Shark's vocals weak here, but it's been a repeated complaint so there must be something to it.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

I don't find his vocals weak but you can hear how his voice has aged because of his vocal style I guess.
Tormentor

Post by Tormentor »

What happened to Hellroadie? Funny, I just got ahold of Gates of Fire and loved it and thought he was holding things together quite well on the vocal front.

Crystal Logic = best album ever, take it to the bank
TheUnborn

Post by TheUnborn »

Pretty good album, a grower, without a doubt.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've ordered it last week, but I haven't receive it yet.