Cynic NWoBHM UK Playing Wacken OA

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

I hope this news goes around and other festivals pick up on it and get you guys to play knowing full well which Cynic to go for.
Thanks Black Axe - I feel better today having read your responses, yesterday, I could have called it a day on drumming!

Would nt it be great to play Knebworth, maybe on 31st, July to 2 August - that would be great!

Cheers mate,

Tim
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Knebworth would be great!

Hopefully you'll get a gig at some place like that early August(I already got plans for the last week of July :D ).
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

I can't believe that actually happened.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

It doesn't surprise me that the person booking bands for this festival doesn't know shit anymore about underground metal bands. Thinking you guys were the U.S. Cynic, that makes me ill thinking about it.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

that festival just keeps getting trendier and trendier... and moooore expensive, they think that with only two big attractions ,say Maiden or their fuken Cheesewish, its the best "heavy metal" fest in the world... the last time i heard about a nwobhm band was Satan on 2004, i was there, and those fuckers gave them the smallest stage, that was fucked up considering the "jump the fuck" bands playing in the huge stages.... :(
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:that festival just keeps getting trendier and trendier... and moooore expensive, they think that with only two big attractions ,say Maiden or their fuken Cheesewish, its the best "heavy metal" fest in the world... the last time i heard about a nwobhm band was Satan on 2004, i was there, and those fuckers gave them the smallest stage, that was fucked up considering the "jump the fuck" bands playing in the huge stages.... :(
That Satan gig was the best they ever had, still great memories. It's indeed getting shittier every year, more and more trend crap bands filling the bill, will be my last. Metal nowadays really makes me sick apart from the bands discussed on this forum. And the US Cynic is a big pile of shit, always hated that CD to the guts.
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:And the US Cynic is a big pile of shit, always hated that CD to the guts.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, me too! Death metal my ass!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi All,

Shaun and I were looking at this thread today, and grateful for your kind words. Its a shame Wacken cant get to see them.

Thanks again.

Tim
PsychoDad

Post by PsychoDad »

ION BRITTON wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:And the US Cynic is a big pile of shit, always hated that CD to the guts.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, me too! Death metal my ass!
Really? I think this album has some of the best riffing ever. The vocoder does bother me a bit, but apart from that the album is exellent.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

nah!...death metal, boooooring....CYNIC from Tim,now thats music we can all headbang to it! :twisted:
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Both Cynics are excellent. The US one is hardly death metal!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I don't mind the US Cynic, but it is a bit 'yoga' metal I think??!
aaaaag

Post by aaaaag »

Cynic (US) demos are damn good, at times totally brilliant. Dwellers on the Threshold!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

This topic is about the UK Cynic.

Do Or Die! :twisted:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Black Axe wrote:This topic is about the UK Cynic.

Do Or Die! :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: is there another? 8)