Cynic NWoBHM UK Playing Wacken OA

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Tim Batkin

Cynic NWoBHM UK Playing Wacken OA

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi All,

Just to let you know we are playing Wacken OA this year to promote the new album.
Details as follows -

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2008/main-b ... 8/cynic08/

Be great to meet some of you guys if you get to it.

Best wishes,

Tim
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

:(

I hope you will be playing shows in England/Benelux and other German places too.
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi Black Axe,

I would love to do some UK gigs most definitely. Will keep you posted if we get any sorted.

Best wishes,

Tim
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That's great news, I'm planning to be there for Maiden, Destructor and some others. Cynic is a very great addition to my bill
Long Live The Loud !!!
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi Sentinel,

Thats great news - lets try and hook up and say hello if we can.

Best wishes,

Tim
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Tim Batkin wrote:Hi Sentinel,

Thats great news - lets try and hook up and say hello if we can.

Best wishes,

Tim
that would be great :wink:

Cheers
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Sentinel wrote:That's great news, I'm planning to be there for Maiden, Destructor and some others. Cynic is a very great addition to my bill
I already have plans for that weekend so I won't be going. But besides Destructor and Cynic, and maybe Kreator and Exodus, there aren't much bands I'd like. Seems too expensive a trip for just 2-3 bands (I'll be seeing Maiden once, probably twice already, so I wouldn't be going for them either).
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

The Sentinel wrote:That's great news, I'm planning to be there for Maiden, Destructor and some others. Cynic is a very great addition to my bill
add also Headhunter...apart from that wacken is shit, and really expensive, fucken dineyworld for metalheadz nowadays....im going this to bang your head for sure! :P
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Congrats, Tim! Cool to see that WOA still have some taste in their bookings. Don't think I'll afford to go this year though :(

[moved to Victim Of Time]
Tim Batkin

Lost in Translation.

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi All,

The German people have an enviable, and just reputation for thoroughness, and attention to detail, so it is very disappointing to report that during negotiations for Cynic, (UK) to play at Wacken, (including telephone conversations to and from England), that whilst they booked and promoted a British Heavy Metal band from Worcester England, they, (Thomas from Wacken OA), believed he had entered into contract with a thrash metal band from the US. Dear Thomas, (ever the promoter professional) when he realised his error, (well in fact he sent our team a link to Wikipedia of Cynic US and asked if that was us), and when receiving the negative response, binned us from the show.
So sorry guys we wont be playing - if Black Axe could suggest a UK venue we would be all ears to come and play.
In the meantime, and putting this distraction behind us, we will crack on with the album and get it out to you.
Best,
Tim
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

now that really really suck,now you believe me wacken sucks!
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

now that really really suck,now you believe me wacken sucks!
Mate - thanks for that - I appreciate it - and yeah I really believe you!

Tim
The Sentinel

Re: Lost in Translation.

Post by The Sentinel »

Tim Batkin wrote:Hi All,

The German people have an enviable, and just reputation for thoroughness, and attention to detail, so it is very disappointing to report that during negotiations for Cynic, (UK) to play at Wacken, (including telephone conversations to and from England), that whilst they booked and promoted a British Heavy Metal band from Worcester England, they, (Thomas from Wacken OA), believed he had entered into contract with a thrash metal band from the US. Dear Thomas, (ever the promoter professional) when he realised his error, (well in fact he sent our team a link to Wikipedia of Cynic US and asked if that was us), and when receiving the negative response, binned us from the show.
So sorry guys we wont be playing - if Black Axe could suggest a UK venue we would be all ears to come and play.
In the meantime, and putting this distraction behind us, we will crack on with the album and get it out to you.
Best,
Tim
That's a pity :cry: Maybe I can catch you guys somewhere at a European festival, maybe a later KIT-edition
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It was just too good to be true, eh? Very crappy news :(

Maybe someone at the Miskatonic Forum would have some tips on places to play in the UK? It's an English-based forum with a somewhat similar musical focus as The Corroseum. I'm sure people there would like to know about the current doings of (The True!) CYNIC too.
Black Axe

Re: Lost in Translation.

Post by Black Axe »

Tim Batkin wrote:Hi All,

Best,
Tim
What a wanker(s)! I hope this news goes around and other festivals pick up on it and get you guys to play knowing full well which Cynic to go for.

For venues I suggest using DaN's link. Personally, I'd rather see you guys play on a festival, UK or European(Germany/Benelux)