Your favourite demos

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Helm wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Helm wrote:
Oh wow, I didn't even know this existed. Is it significantly different from the first LP?
Not that much, but you can sense some progress in the compositions (4 tracks, all unreleased). To my ears it sounds a tiny bit more mature than OSV, to the degree that is possible of course :)
That sounds pretty interesting. Would you mind an upload?
No problem, though it may take a while, need to rip it from my cassette...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helm

Post by Helm »

Anytime is fine, thank you in advance.
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Exorcist(POL)-Voices from the Graves
Fantom Warrior-Morbid Invasion
Crystal Pride-demo 1983
Keen Hue-demo 1985
Max Planck-Kill the Pain demo
Mercy-1983 demo
Paradise Lost-Frozen Illusion demo
Rotting Corpse-Fuck It,It's Only Thrash
Salem-1983 demo #2
Race Against Time-demo
220 Volt-demo 1982
Silver Mountain-demo 1980
Autumn Myst-Black Fucking Demo
ALL 3 HELL DEMOS that I've heard
and I WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I think my all time favorite is Black Hole's Beyond The Gravestones. I also like a lot Graf Spee's Mother Fucker, Angkor Vat's Southern Blood, Insanity's 85 demo, Devastation's A Re-creation Of Ripping Death and many more that I can't remember right now.
DMR

Post by DMR »

Hell (what I've heard)
Anvil Chorus - all
Coroner - Death Cult
Garden of Shadows - Heart of the Corona (one of my favorite death metal recordings)
Nigro Mantia - Poetry of Subculture
Race Against Time
Thunderway - The Order Executors
Virtue - Fool's Gold

Also, I love the song "Invasion" from Iron Maiden's demo.
muskeg

Post by muskeg »

kim sixx - 1984 demo
jonah quizz - 1984 demo
hell
crystal pride - 1983 demo
PsychoDad

Post by PsychoDad »

Didn't see this one mentioned yet: Solar Eagle - Charter to Nowhere.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DMR wrote:Coroner - Death Cult
Yeah this one's a killer too
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

Can I shed some light into the Heir Apparent 1990 demo cause I've searched for info about this for quite a while. First of all,it's one my favorite demos as well,I almost cry whenever I listen to it. Second,it's not a Heir Apparent demo. Only the mighty Steve Benito has something to do with them. The band was called Sweet Sister Sam and had supported Queensryche in the Northwest Area back in 1990,Geoff Tate himself had asked for them after seeing them live. Bechtel from Fifth Angel plays the guitar there,and the other one is a german guy. The keys are played by the same guy who played keys in Rage for Order. I'm a bit drunk right now so ask me any questions you might have and I'll gladly answer them.
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

muskeg wrote:kim sixx - 1984 demo
jonah quizz - 1984 demo
hell
crystal pride - 1983 demo
oh yeah fucking DUH Jonah Quizz..how could I be so foolish to forget?!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:Can I shed some light into the Heir Apparent 1990 demo cause I've searched for info about this for quite a while. First of all,it's one my favorite demos as well,I almost cry whenever I listen to it. Second,it's not a Heir Apparent demo. Only the mighty Steve Benito has something to do with them. The band was called Sweet Sister Sam and had supported Queensryche in the Northwest Area back in 1990,Geoff Tate himself had asked for them after seeing them live. Bechtel from Fifth Angel plays the guitar there,and the other one is a german guy. The keys are played by the same guy who played keys in Rage for Order. I'm a bit drunk right now so ask me any questions you might have and I'll gladly answer them.
In the tapetrading circles this demo was always tagged under "Heir Apparent demo '90". The only thing i know is that Gorle didn't play on that demo, but all the rest is new to me. Where did you get that info from?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

DMR wrote:Garden of Shadows - Heart of the Corona (one of my favorite death metal recordings)
And so much better than their full-length. Are you familiar with Forty Days Longing and their demo "Head of the Demon"?
ChildOfTheDamned

Hm...you may be right...A guy named Derendorf replaced Gorle for this demo. Maybe this lineup played in Foundations Forum 1990,I'll have to check on that. But just right after this formation of Heir Apparent,Benito formed Sweet Sister Sam with the guys I said,and they backed up Queensryche.

P.S. Sweet City Child is in the Foundations Forum '90 - Unsigned Band Collection tape I'm now holding in my hands and it's listed as Heir Apparent.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm confused. Did Sweet Sister Sam recorded the same tracks of that demo or did they have other completely different material? Maybe the tracks were recorded under the Heir Apparent monicker and they decided to change their name after that.

Does this demo have a J-card? Do you know anyone who has an original copy or at least a copy that was ordered directly from the band? Maybe this would clear things up.

Edit: About Foundation Forum '90. I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.ch/FOUNDATIONS-FORUM-90 ... dZViewItem

The seller mentions the tracklist. Where is Heir Apparent?

ChildOfTheDamned

It's not on that CD,the tape says "unsigned bands" and has some obscure bands like Angel Beast or Brunette (Gioeli's band before Hardline). So that 4-track 1990 demo is not Sweet Sister Sam,my bad. But Sweet Sister Sam have released like 3 demos and a livetape in a very short period of time,I'm on the way to get those babies. Also,if anyone has the French Kiss tape that Benito did before Heir Apparent,I could pay even for mp3s of that!