Toxik reissues

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
msp

Toxik reissues

Post by msp »

I thought these were reissues on Metal Mind but the ones I have seen have Displeased as the label.

Are the Displeased versions legit?
Black Axe

Re: Toxik reissues

Post by Black Axe »

msp wrote:I thought these were reissues on Metal Mind but the ones I have seen have Displeased as the label.

Are the Displeased versions legit?
Yes, worthy of purchase too. More bonustracks and good linernotes and lyrics.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Both of my copies are on Displeased Records as well.

Standard jewel cases and not those terrible digi-paks.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

by far those displeased reissues are better, lots of bonus tracks and the "World Circus" one has the demo too :P ...they also released some tiem ago Infernal Majesty-None Shall Defy one of my all time fav thrash metal albums :twisted:
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

Metal Mind reissues mostly leave you...displeased!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:Metal Mind reissues mostly leave you...displeased!
I have two MM reissues and they were great packages. It just sucks they're pretty much digi-pack only.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Have the Displeased ones and I'm pretty pleased with them actually.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
msp

Post by msp »

I got the Displeased ones the other day. The reason for my initial question was that all the adverts I ever saw were about the Metal Mind version.

I have World Circus on Vinyl from way back but decided to get that and Think This on CD. Definately an underrated band.
DMR

Post by DMR »

I know that Displeased had those re-releases on their schedule for a while before Metal Mind announced they would reissue their own versions. I wonder what that was all about? But either way, both Toxik albums are definitely worth owning in some version. World Circus is the album that really made me like thrash.
Rob

Post by Rob »

It seems that some time ago, Metal Mind bought a lot of rights of albums from Roadrunner. Toxik albums were some of them.
But Displeased reissued them in 2007...

BTW, I bought the Bulldozer box from MM, well, it wasn't a WOW release and it didn't brought almost any extra material, but it wasn't so bad afterall, well except being remastered and not only being remastered but being remastered using those 64 something technologies.

By the way, Displeased released a live DVD last month.
6is9
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Rob wrote: BTW, I bought the Bulldozer box from MM, well, it wasn't a WOW release and it didn't brought almost any extra material, but it wasn't so bad afterall, well except being remastered and not only being remastered but being remastered using those 64 something technologies.
To my ears it's an absolutely killer release, and the sound of the CDs is very good - not much different to the vinyls that I have.