Buying Metal Online

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Yes, but on the 2nd page:
Also as far as I know the rights to Cerebus for Europe have been licensed to Shark Records - which in turn licensed it to Sonic Age - that is why Titan Force, Brainfever and so on have been released - and Cerebus among them - so I see no problem if the rights are there and the band approved it
The band showed consent for the release the rights were licensed to Sonic Age - what is the problem? Does anybody dispute that Shark had the rights for Europe to Cerebus, Titan Force and whatnot? They don't! So if Shark had the rights and sold them to Sonic Age the problem is non-existant.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Ann should be done with Law School soon and after she passes the CA State Bar exam I can just see her suing the hell out of all those who have ripped her off
Well, i find this kinda funny, because to the best of my knowledge it was Ann who was constantly ripping off the bands on her label.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
Abyss wrote:
Sonic Age Shop
Cheers - This is actually a part of Sonic Age Records, and holds thousands of rare and obscure heavy metal. With a focus on the 80s traditional acts, you can find all kinds of underground metal here. I recently placed an order with these fine folks and bought some really rare titles like Glory Bells, Heretic, Spitfire, and Hexx. If you are looking for those hard to find gems, or simply the new reissues that are coming out, this is the place to turn to. The band's site is well run with plenty of easy to use navigation. It has a shopping cart and also allows you to see the prices in US and Euros, a tool that comes in handy for American shoppers. I had my order within two weeks and they ship from Greece. Great people!
Yes, but all those "rare gems" are nothing but illegal pressings....
I never said I ordered from there, I listed the distros from the list that I ordered from, I just gave it as a quick reference, I never expected a huge argument to ensue over this.
ION BRITTON wrote:
Ann should be done with Law School soon and after she passes the CA State Bar exam I can just see her suing the hell out of all those who have ripped her off
Well, i find this kinda funny, because to the best of my knowledge it was Ann who was constantly ripping off the bands on her label.
Hmm a southern california liar I mean laywer I can't say I trust that.
hload

Post by hload »

that shadow kingdom guy probably doesn't know axel thubeauville-owner of shark/crazy life records, who sold the rights directly to manos....simple as that. and perhaps of that titan force are ready for some gigs again...

on the other hand old metal records got their "rights", always for the "love of music", directly from the olde vinyls....

and ann is the biggest rip off. simply as that. he ripped off mega bands like screamer, gargoyle, cerberus, deadly blessing, amulance etc to promote her shitty band...and not only that, when he rereleased her 1100 "numbered edition" cds she promised $2 per cd to the bands. not only those rereleases were shitty but she also never sent a penny to the bands. ask ski and rick baez from amulance....that amulance was licenced from spv to europe, spv paid NR and the band never saw a penny....actually when the release was ready that shitty label sent the band only 2 cds and 2 vinyls(although 5 members in the band-snakepit issue 10, page 52)....
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Yeah I don't blame you for how you feel about her... :lol:

I just wanted to find out as it seems like there's some close friends of the labels there.

I just find it funny all these labels have these rights nowadays selling them outright with no bands being contacted. I'm pretty sure there was some debate going on when Displeased announced they were re-issuing those SACRIFICES after Marquee got the first one out and claimed that Roadrunner or some label sold them the rights.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some labels selling rights that don't actually own the rights anymore. Either way, it's best to contact the band in any event.. after all it's their work.

Yeah Shark Records claimed they had rights to band I wanted but have no contacts to bands themselves when I inquired about a release. I felt it wasn't right and backed off. Shady stuff....
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

hload wrote:that shadow kingdom guy probably doesn't know axel thubeauville-owner of shark/crazy life records, who sold the rights directly to manos....simple as that. and perhaps of that titan force are ready for some gigs again...
Your right I don't, other than some email exchanges. And I explained how I think it's funny he has rights to stuff but no contacts to those supposed rights.
on the other hand old metal records got their "rights", always for the "love of music", directly from the olde vinyls....
King Fowley contacts the bands, the most important of all... not some greedy label or labels that claim they have rights. If I find out King didn't contact a band for a release, I won't support it... simple as that. I just got BLOODLUST from him and he contacted the band and it was approved. Fine by me.
and ann is the biggest rip off. simply as that. he ripped off mega bands like screamer, gargoyle, cerberus, deadly blessing, amulance etc to promote her shitty band...and not only that, when he rereleased her 1100 "numbered edition" cds she promised $2 per cd to the bands. not only those rereleases were shitty but she also never sent a penny to the bands. ask ski and rick baez from amulance....that amulance was licenced from spv to europe, spv paid NR and the band never saw a penny....actually when the release was ready that shitty label sent the band only 2 cds and 2 vinyls(although 5 members in the band-snakepit issue 10, page 52)....
:lol: No arguments there....
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

stormspell wrote:
Black Axe wrote:You are selling a bootleg in your distro too if I remember well(Warrior's Live In A Dive CD).
The label assured me it is a legit release. I had my doubts, but then tlaked to Gorgon and they confirmed their release is 100% legit, so I gave the benefit of the doubt to Warrior release. If, however, I get solid proof it was indeed a bootleg, I'll never tade with this label again.
I did some research (a year or so ago), and though I didn't find any word from the band, but I did find proof that at least 4 of their releases are 100% bootlegs and only the Gorgon release is legal. So I doubt they would've taken the effort finding the original band. If finding the band was so easy, other labels would've released it sooner.

I believe one of the bootlegs they released was by the German band Warhammer. I think they mentioned it on their site about a year ago.

I believe this is the same label too:
http://drakkar666.forumactif.com/rip-of ... e-t261.htm
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

hload wrote:on the other hand old metal records got their "rights", always for the "love of music", directly from the olde vinyls....
Man, I've known King for some years & he ALWAYS will try to contact the band to get approval. He's in a band himself for fuck's sake, so I'm sure he know's what it must feel like... he's asked me to chase down former members of Aussie bands, & I'm still searching!
It's not always easy to try and contact band members years after the initial release. Most of these band members have moved on with families etc.. & couldnt care what happens to their recordings, or dont even know or are aware that people even care!!
I would say the majority would be totally thrilled that someone has even bothered to re-release their material, just for the sake of getting it out there for people to hear, and I mean if the 'bootleggers' sell 500-1000 copies, then so what! How much money do you think these has-beens from all these bands are going to make from these sales???? in the scope of things worldwide, 500-1000 copies sales of a CD is fuck-all! ...PLEASE!!!!? Most of these band members are going to get free copies of the CD for themselves as a payment, they are not going to make any money at all, except from personal sales to friends!!
Unless you're a band like Metallica or Linkin Park, you ain't going to make shit! I bet you all, Manilla Road never made any decent money from their sales!!!!! They had legit releases yes, but unless you are selling "hundreds of thousands" of copies of an album, the money & royalties are not that free-flowing as one may think!
nightsblood wrote:unscrupulous dealers have been trying to sell lemons to people since the birth of commerce
BRILLIANT, so true! Sums up everything.. :D
hload

Post by hload »

Korgüll wrote:
hload wrote:on the other hand old metal records got their "rights", always for the "love of music", directly from the olde vinyls....
Man, I've known King for some years & he ALWAYS will try to contact the band to get approval. He's in a band himself for fuck's sake, so I'm sure he know's what it must feel like... he's asked me to chase down former members of Aussie bands, & I'm still searching!
It's not always easy to try and contact band members years after the initial release. Most of these band members have moved on with families etc.. & couldnt care what happens to their recordings, or dont even know or are aware that people even care!!
I would say the majority would be totally thrilled that someone has even bothered to re-release their material, just for the sake of getting it out there for people to hear, and I mean if the 'bootleggers' sell 500-1000 copies, then so what! How much money do you think these has-beens from all these bands are going to make from these sales???? in the scope of things worldwide, 500-1000 copies sales of a CD is fuck-all! ...PLEASE!!!!? Most of these band members are going to get free copies of the CD for themselves as a payment, they are not going to make any money at all, except from personal sales to friends!!
Unless you're a band like Metallica or Linkin Park, you ain't going to make shit! I bet you all, Manilla Road never made any decent money from their sales!!!!! They had legit releases yes, but unless you are selling "hundreds of thousands" of copies of an album, the money & royalties are not that free-flowing as one may think!
nightsblood wrote:unscrupulous dealers have been trying to sell lemons to people since the birth of commerce
BRILLIANT, so true! Sums up everything.. :D

man, i don't argue that NOWADAYS with all the internet stuff etc king is trying the right way. and i'm the first one to support him. and i'm always curious for his releases. i bought immidiately death mask (i didn't like it) and sure this is what i'll do with his future releases. i was hooked forever with october 31 when i got their voyage to infinity demo with the warlord cover. and when the fire awaits you was relesead not only i became huge fan with the killer tunes but also with the witchkiller cover. at least, i thought, there's an american who loves US steel. enough with all the countless maiden/priest covers. he has my respect for that. but sure he has made mistakes. it's up to him to not repeat them!

and guess how i discovered october 31? by an intie king gave for manos' fanzine, issue 2, if i recall right,hehehe.....
kingfowley

Post by kingfowley »

i love music and i will always do all i can to keep it going forward in the right way.
i also am an avid music fan and music collector. i will buy stuff 'unofficial' if i feel i need it. i do carry in my distro unofficial titles from dealers the world over, cuz lots of folks ask me for them. gotham city bootlegs are out there but people can't find the records and want it so for now that's all there is!
that's an individuals choice to own or buy them.

as for old metal records i always try and find the bands, it can be very easy to do or very hard.
if you think there's big money in putting out death mask or sound barrier cds you are living in a freaked out world!

as for people calling bootlegs originals, that's awful! to lie to someone is disgusting! tell the people what it is and let them decide if they still want it.

now available bloodlust 'guilty as sin' if anyone needs it!
lyrics, pics and more. and bloodlust got HOOKED UP big time for letting me put it out.

email me if you need it
king@upthetombstones.com

happy new year to all
king

thanks korgull for emailing me on this!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

kingfowley wrote:i love music and i will always do all i can to keep it going forward in the right way.
i also am an avid music fan and music collector. i will buy stuff 'unofficial' if i feel i need it. i do carry in my distro unofficial titles from dealers the world over, cuz lots of folks ask me for them. gotham city bootlegs are out there but people can't find the records and want it so for now that's all there is!

as for old metal records i always try and find the bands, it can be very easy to do or very hard.
if you think there's big money in putting out death mask or sound barrier cds you are living in a freaked out world!

as for people calling bootlegs originals, that's awful! to lie to someone is disgusting! tell the people what it is and let them decide if they still want it.

lyrics, pics and more. and bloodlust got HOOKED UP big time for letting me put it out.

email me if you need it
king@upthetombstones.com

happy new year to all
king

For the record, where are we able to find info on your distro/list of titles you offer?

And is there an official list of all the titles Old Metal Records has released throughout the labels existence?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
kingfowley

Post by kingfowley »

Avenger wrote:
kingfowley wrote:i love music and i will always do all i can to keep it going forward in the right way.

email me if you need it
king@upthetombstones.com

happy new year to all
king

For the record, where are we able to find info on your distro/list of titles you offer?

And is there an official list of all the titles Old Metal Records has released throughout the labels existence?
i sell alot and alot come and go

please email me and ill geta list to you

as for old metal here it is

001 CIRTH UNGOL-LIVE 7"
002 WITCHFINDER GENERAL- BURNING A SINNER 7"
003 RAT ATTACK-SILKSCREEN LP
003 RAT ATTACK-STICKER LP COLORED VINYL
004 OCTOBER 31-VISIONS OF THE END CD
005 BLESSED DEATH-KILL OR BE KILLED/DESTINED FOR EXTINCTION CD
006 PREMONITION-WE ARE METAL CD
007 OCTOBER 31-FIRE AWAITS YOU GOLD VINYL LP
008 GRIFFIN-FLIGHT OF THE GRIFFIN CD
009 WILD DOGS-WILD DOGS/MANS BEST FRIEND CD
010 WILD DOGS-REIGN OF TERROR CD
011 CITIES-ANNIHILATION ABSOLUTE CD
012 SENTINEL BEAST-DEPTHS OF DEATH CD
013 LAAZ ROCKIT-CITIES GONNA BURN CD
014 XCURSION-READY TO ROLL CD
015 WITHCROSS-FIT FOR FIGHT CD
016 OCTOBER 31-VISIONS OF THE END (RE-ISSUE W/BONUS TRACKS) CD
017 SOUND BARRIER-TOTAL CONTROL CD
018 LAAZ ROCKIT-NO STRANGER TO DANGER CD
019 Q5-STEEL THE LIGHT CD
020 AGGRESSION-THE FULL TREATMENT CD
021 IRON ANGEL-HELLISH CROSSFIRE CD
022 IRON ANGEL-WINDS OF WAR CD
023 SORCERY-STUNTROCK CD
024 SORCERY-2 CD
025 LAAZ ROCKIT-ANNIHILATION PRINCIBLE CD
026 WILD DOGS-BETTER LATE THEN NEVER CD
027 RIGOR MORTIS-RIGOR MORTIS CD
028 LAAZ ROCKIT-KNOW YOUR ENEMY CD
029 DR. MASTERMIND-DR. MASTERMIND CD
030 SLEEPY HOLLOW-THE LEGEND RETOLD VINYL EP
031 LIEGE LORD-FREEDOMS RISE CD
032 DEATHMASK-EXHUMATION CD
033 BLESSED DEATH-KILL OR BE KILLED CD
034 SATAN’S HOST-METAL FROM HELL CD
035 BLESSED DEATH-DESTINED FOR EXTINCTION CD
036 FINGERNAILS-TO HELL AND BACK CD
037 TYRANT-LEGIONS OF THE DEAD CD
038 TYRANT-TOO LATE TO PRAY CD
039 MALTESE FALCON-METAL RUSH CD
040 BLOODLUST-GUILTY AS SIN- CD
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Thanks for the list.
Now which ones are boots?

What I mean by that is which ones didn't you have the legel right to put out at the time of release? (You might have asked the band BUT were still not legit in the court of law?)
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

glockose wrote:Thanks for the list.
Now which ones are boots?

What I mean by that is which ones didn't you have the legel right to put out at the time of release? (You might have asked the band BUT were still not legit in the court of law?)
All but the OCTOBER 31 ones? :lol:
kingfowley

Post by kingfowley »

i have all legit
except witchfinder genral single, q5, and xcursion cds

as for rights i got them from the band
alot of contracts are defunct and go back to the artists after
7-10 years which obviously is outdated on bands i worked with.

the whole contract thing is a big rip off i assure you
riot got alot of their back catalog released by metal blade but it wasn't actually legit. but since it was METAL BLADE most folks thought it was legit!
same with the old ian gillan releases on metal blade.

tough world that contract thing! lots of loop holes in any way a lawyer draws it up!