HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY - 2CD Anthology

Post by Stormspell »

I'm pleased to announce the double cd set release of Seattle's 80s metal heroes HELD UNDER / DISCOVERY.

Short bio taken from their myspace page:
HELD UNDER from Seattle (not to be confused with the Tri-Cities, NY band currently active), was formed out of the ashes of 80s Heavy Metal band DISCOVERY. After playing a few shows under the name DORIAN GRAY, they then changed their name to HELD UNDER and released the full length album "Dying Breed" on cassette in 1991. Contrary to what is said about "Dying Breed" on a few websites (like at Download.com), it was never officially released on CD, although, it was later mastered from original DAT format to CD-Rs by Bob Shook. They played a few more shows into 1992. The band dissolved after drummer Steve Oliver had a heart attack during rehearsal. They remained friends, getting together to record a few songs here and there into the late 90s...

The double cd set will include:

Disc 1: HELD UNDER - "Dying Breed" album from 1991 with 4-5 bonuses recorded between 1991-1995
Disc 2: DISCOVERY - "New Horizons" EP from 1988 with 8 bonuses recorded between 1986-1989

16-page booklet with info, band pics, lyrics, etc., and brand-new artwork by Dimitar Nikolov (he is drawing the artwork as we speak, will post a preview when available).
Hand-numbered edition, limited to 1000 copies.

Basically, this will be a massive collection of almost everything recorded from 1986 up to mid-90s. ESSENTIAL for fans of US 80s metal!

To check audio samples: http://www.myspace.com/heldunderseattle

Expected release date: February 2008
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sounds interesting.

I've wanted to check these guys out for some time.

I guess now I've got the opportunity.

I just hope that this isn’t a digi-pak...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Not a fan of the digi-pak?
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nightlock wrote:Not a fan of the digi-pak?
I hate them.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

interesting opinion. I hate cds in general but when I get a nice digi-pak I feel like I'm getting a little more value for my $$ instead of a cheap regular cd.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

doomedplanet wrote:interesting opinion. I hate cds in general but when I get a nice digi-pak I feel like I'm getting a little more value for my $$ instead of a cheap regular cd.
Yeah I feel the same way, anything in particular you don't like about them Avenger?
"On your knees
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nightlock wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:interesting opinion. I hate cds in general but when I get a nice digi-pak I feel like I'm getting a little more value for my $$ instead of a cheap regular cd.
Yeah I feel the same way, anything in particular you don't like about them Avenger?
I just can't stand not having a CD without the case.

I feel that a CD should have the booklet in the front and have a back insert....

It just doesn't feel right without.

But then again, I'm not th biggest vinyl fanboy either.
hload

Post by hload »

bate, lets see if the number of the sales is approaching the number of those who have downloaded this,hehehe.......
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

As far as I'm concerned, the chance of seeing digipack on Stormspell is very slim. Three reasons for that:

1. Personal: I just dont like digipacks - they dont fit good among the jewel cases on my shelves, plus once dented/worn you cannot do much repairing them.

2. Practical: Once the tray teeth break, the digipack is worth shit... and those teeth break very easily during transit.

3. Again practical: As it is right now, 70% or more of my business is overseas. The majority of orders are being shipped to Europe and Japan without jewel cases to save on shipping. You cannot do that with digipacks.

Another good reason is, since I'm very small label operating from my bedroom, I tend to be space-cautious and prefer to store my releases on spindles and jewelbox only when needed. It does make a HUGE difference on storing 1000 digipacks, or 1000 cds on spindles with the inserts in a box.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

stormspell wrote:As far as I'm concerned, the chance of seeing digipack on Stormspell is very slim. Three reasons for that:

1. Personal: I just dont like digipacks - they dont fit good among the jewel cases on my shelves, plus once dented/worn you cannot do much repairing them.

2. Practical: Once the tray teeth break, the digipack is worth shit... and those teeth break very easily during transit.

3. Again practical: As it is right now, 70% or more of my business is overseas. The majority of orders are being shipped to Europe and Japan without jewel cases to save on shipping. You cannot do that with digipacks.

Another good reason is, since I'm very small label operating from my bedroom, I tend to be space-cautious and prefer to store my releases on spindles and jewelbox only when needed. It does make a HUGE difference on storing 1000 digipacks, or 1000 cds on spindles with the inserts in a box.
I'm in 100% agreement with the reasons why I hate them too.

+ if you spill water/beer on them you have more of a saving chance with a jewel case.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

90% of that applies to vinyl as well though, Do you guys dislike that as well (Already know about Avenger).
"On your knees
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Artwork preview (working variant):

Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

I'm more interested in that FIRST AID release you're planning, mr. Stormspell! Any information on that one?
Fun records
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Metalipeiklo wrote:I'm more interested in that FIRST AID release you're planning, mr. Stormspell! Any information on that one?
FIRST AID is a collaboration deal with our friends from Moscow's Metalism records. I'm in it for 100 copies with 4" patches. I'm expecting to have them in hands in 3-4 weeks.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Those myspace tracks are great especially that Discovery track which sounds really awesome!!! Definately will get this.
Long Live The Loud !!!