Tony Moore/Thundersteel line-up back togather? (rumour)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

Re: Thundersteel Reunion

Post by Stormspell »

Holy fuck! What a great news!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I really don't want anything less than Thundersteel Part 2.

It's tough to top that Power Metal masterpiece.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I think P.o.P. is jsut as good if not REALLY close. Stuff like On Your Knees and Black Leather and Glittering Steel are among the best Riot tracks ever. I even love the Al Di Meola cover - great atmosphere and musicianship.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

I prefer Privilege of Power over Thundersteel.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Love both the Moore-era albums, but Thundersteel gets the nod. Still, I love the OTT nature of PoP; the album's all over the place, but in a good, keeps-you-on-your-toes way.
A new album promises to be incredible; Riot is one of those extremely rare bands that, despite having released albums for 30+ years, NEVER put out a bad album. Doesn't matter who's singing or how many years are in-between releases, they always deliver. Even the demos with harry Conklin singing sound great 9at least the 2 songs i've heard). One of the only bands I would consider travelling a long distance to see play live.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Professor Black wrote:I prefer Privilege of Power over Thundersteel.
Seconded 8)
Both albums rule but the best tracks on PoP (Dance + Storming) are better than the best track on Thundersteel (title track). Close match though :wink:
We praise the blood that metal brings
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Privilege Of Power is a decent album, don't get me wrong, however, there is way to many intros and filler spoken/skit sections, which I feel, takes away from the actual songs themselves.

When I put on an album I want to hear the music, not the Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime between track storyline worship.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I felt the same way at first but now those intros seem to sooth me :P .
"On your knees
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I don't own PoP :oops:

I'll need to pick it up ASAP.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I hope this comes to Europe when I'm there
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

I hope that Reale won't try to put a "Thundersteel prt 2"back.That would be a waste of time.Not that Thundersteel isn't great....It kicks ass but i think that this bluesy Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Riot play in their latter releases is what comes natural to an aged mucisian as Reale.....................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Yeah good point. Reale is a great songwriter.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Witchkiller wrote:I hope that Reale won't try to put a "Thundersteel prt 2"back.That would be a waste of time.Not that Thundersteel isn't great....It kicks ass but i think that this bluesy Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Riot play in their latter releases is what comes natural to an aged mucisian as Reale.....................
I personally like both era's/styles but if this is the THUNDERSTEEL lineup it just wouldn't be right to not put out a US Power Metal album in my opinion.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Reale is an amazing songwritter and I'm sure will make a decision that will suit Moore no matter what. Have you heard DiMeo sing Thundersteel songs? they don't sound very good. The thing is Moore can sing in a very soulful way so it could go either way.
"On your knees
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Avenger wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:I hope that Reale won't try to put a "Thundersteel prt 2"back.That would be a waste of time.Not that Thundersteel isn't great....It kicks ass but i think that this bluesy Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Riot play in their latter releases is what comes natural to an aged mucisian as Reale.....................
I personally like both era's/styles but if this is the THUNDERSTEEL lineup it just wouldn't be right to not put out a US Power Metal album in my opinion.
Don't know............I just think that ,if double bass drumming and high pitched vox will be the case,it will be a "give the fans what they want"kindaa thing.And there's no doubt that most metalheads rank as their fav Riot album Thundersteel.
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size