Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Korgüll wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Did you buy a copy? Is it completely legit? If so, I'm gonna grab a copy to keep for myself and sell the one I already have (I KNOW I'll make more than THAT off of it!!).
Yeah I asked him & he said it was "not a bootleg or a re-issue, it's an original Peaceville pressing"

Probably has old over-stocks lying around??

Is there a boot of it??
Lot's of Peacville stuff turning up at the moment, I only live down the road from them. Unplayed stock is flooding the record fairs in our region.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I never really thought any Peaceville stuff was rare anyway.. maybe the odd LP here and there, but they show up all the time!

Occasionally you see things like Anathema-Serenades on CD go for crazy prices on Ebay... I don't understand??
There must've been 1000's pressed!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Korgüll wrote:I never really thought any Peaceville stuff was rare anyway.. maybe the odd LP here and there, but they show up all the time!

Occasionally you see things like Anathema-Serenades on CD go for crazy prices on Ebay... I don't understand??
There must've been 1000's pressed!
They're not to be honest, I reckon they have hundreds of pretty much everything left, apart from those Darkthrone LP's. They used to give the records away at the end of gigs back in the day.

One of the guys at the local record fair bought a complete run of the label(vinyl) for £200.
humus

Post by humus »

I hope they unearth a stack of 'Under a funeral moon' LP's.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I still need a heap of the classic Darkthrone vinyls except Under A Funeral Moon.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Korgüll wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Did you buy a copy? Is it completely legit? If so, I'm gonna grab a copy to keep for myself and sell the one I already have (I KNOW I'll make more than THAT off of it!!).
Yeah I asked him & he said it was "not a bootleg or a re-issue, it's an original Peaceville pressing"

Probably has old over-stocks lying around??

Is there a boot of it??
It's a bit more obvious how he had so many copies to offer now; he's the former bass player for the band! :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Rob

Post by Rob »

I've seen a lot of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond nineties LPs going to the 300€ border.
I was wondering what could be the reason... anyone?
6is9
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Rob wrote:I've seen a lot of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond nineties LPs going to the 300€ border.
Plenty of 90's vinyl releases on larger labels came in very small editions, just to satisfy the vinyl-collector minority of the time. See also a couple of IRON MAIDEN and MOTÖRHEAD albums...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

What Dan says is true, I've been collecting metal vinyl since the 80's and all through the 90's I tried to get the current vinyl releases coming out, many of them were really hard, like King Diamond "Spiders Lullaby" which I never once saw listed anywhere back then. I still don't have it but won't pay the high tariff. I have the lame picture disc of course. So many of them must have been made in 500 copies or less or sold so poorly they were discarded. hard to know.
Rob wrote:I've seen a lot of Mercyful Fate and King Diamond nineties LPs going to the 300€ border.
Doureios_Ippos

Post by Doureios_Ippos »

tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I am not interrested but ...
is this the Bootleg ?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

99% likely, ask for the matrix code to know..
tbieri wrote:
I am not interrested but ...
is this the Bootleg ?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

doomedplanet wrote:I have the lame picture disc of course.
Why do say it's lame? Do you not like pictures discs in general?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the answers guys. By the way, are those Metalyzed Blood version okay? I know that thay are boots but is the packge/sound good?
6is9