NWOBHM CD reissues

...and all CD issues goes here.
AxeCrazy

NWOBHM CD reissues

Post by AxeCrazy »

This talk of new Cynic and Hollow Ground CDs has prompted me to start this thread. Here is a list of all the rumored NWOBHM CD reissues that I have heard of. Does anyone know the status of these?

Desolation Angels (Miskatonic) - been close for a long time, will it ever get released?
Hell (Miskatonic)
Prowler
Arc
Damascus
Marquis de Sade
Lotus Cruise
Hollow Ground
Bleak House - there was supposed to be a CD years ago, what happened?

What ones am I missing?
DMR

Post by DMR »

I was looking at the Hellride Music forum the other day and saw that back in April or May, Rich Walker said the Desolation Angels box set was going to press, and would be ready in five or six weeks. It doesn't seem to be ready yet, though.

Cloven Hoof's Dominator and A Sultan's Ransom are going to be reissued by Escape Music as a double CD with a couple bonus tracks.
Black Axe

Re: NWOBHM CD reissues

Post by Black Axe »

AxeCrazy wrote:This talk of new Cynic and Hollow Ground CDs has prompted me to start this thread. Here is a list of all the rumored NWOBHM CD reissues that I have heard of. Does anyone know the status of these?

Desolation Angels (Miskatonic) - been close for a long time, will it ever get released?
Hell (Miskatonic)
Prowler
Arc
Damascus
Marquis de Sade
Lotus Cruise
Hollow Ground
Bleak House - there was supposed to be a CD years ago, what happened?

What ones am I missing?
Desolation Angels will be released somehwere between the end of September and October.
Hell is postponed to 2008.

Arc is postponed due to label problems. Hopefully a 2008 release will be possible.

Hollow Ground are working on a release. With a little luck maybe at the end of the year/early next year.

The others I'm not sure. But Jaguar has the Archive Alive Volumes II & III still to be released (this year).

It's not a reissue, but Witchfynde's new album will be released in the fall.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Are these gonna be archived material, re-recorded versions of old material, or new material?
Has anyone heard the Bashful Alley or Denigh cd's that are out?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

nightsblood wrote:Are these gonna be archived material, re-recorded versions of old material, or new material?
Which ones do you mean.

The DA and Hell boxsets collect all the bands recorded material (from the 80s). Same goes for Arc and the first Jaguar Archive (the other two volumes collect their (demo/live) material from beyond 1983 to now)

Witchfynde's new album features all new material and is ready waiting for a release.
From what I've heard the Hollow Ground album will include newly recorded material that was (mostly) written in their early 80s stint.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

nightsblood wrote:Are these gonna be archived material, re-recorded versions of old material, or new material?
I've got both of them. I think the Bashful Alley CD is quite good, while the Denigh CD is average.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Thanks! What about the Lotus Crusie and Prowler?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

nightsblood wrote:Thanks! What about the Lotus Crusie and Prowler?
There is a LC CD. But it isn't being sold anywhere.

I haven't heard anything about the Prowler one.
boris

Post by boris »

Can't say anything about Hell and DA, except I hope to seem them out as soon as possible.

Arc and Damascus, these were postponed due to label problems and personal problems, hope to start working on them again, hopefully to release it all in 2008. There's LOTS of material from these two.

Prowler, well the band members expressed will to issue a CD, but they are extremely slow about it, so I don't see this happening any time soon.

Lotus Cruise was a CDR, with intentions for a real release at some point.

Bleak House - the intended CD was the live set that I think everybody has on CDR already. They do NOT want to release anything at this point.

Marquis De Sade - well you can hope for a 2015 release I guess. Guys are too slow and not all that enthusiastic.

By the way, that Warrior - Live in a Dive CD, is that one official ?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Boris wrote:
Arc and Damascus, these were postponed due to label problems and personal problems, hope to start working on them again, hopefully to release it all in 2008. There's LOTS of material from these two.
I really hope this will work out, well, good luck and keep us informed
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Boris wrote:By the way, that Warrior - Live in a Dive CD, is that one official ?
Bootleg, I checked out that label and they are thiefs. They do seem to get credit for a release by Gorgon though. But the other dozen(forgot how many releases they have) releases are definitively bootlegs.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

I refuse to buy from Miskatonic that guy is an asshole and I refuse to support him.
ARC

Post by ARC »

I will definitely get the Hell and Desolations Angels stuff from Miskatonic, he’s a nice guy

Hurry up Boris and release the ARC stuff for me…please….please
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Abyss wrote:I refuse to buy from Miskatonic that guy is an asshole and I refuse to support him.
Haha, it seems you have 'bad taste' in music. If not, you wouldn't dislike him :lol:

He really is a nice guy, you just have to look past his occasional rantings.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Black Axe wrote:
Abyss wrote:I refuse to buy from Miskatonic that guy is an asshole and I refuse to support him.
Haha, it seems you have 'bad taste' in music. If not, you wouldn't dislike him :lol:

He really is a nice guy, you just have to look past his occasional rantings.
Have you talked to him on Hellride music forums? I can honestly say I do not care to own anything from his current catalog and if not wanting 2 releases who haven't even been released yet makes me have "bad taste in music" then so be it.