Best SODOM album?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Which one is the best Sodom album?

Obsessed by Cruelty
29%
Persecution Mania
35%
Agent Orange
21%
Better Off Dead
5%
Tapping the Vein
2%
Get What You Deserve
No votes
Masquerade in Blood
No votes
'Til Death Do Us Unite
2%
Code Red
2%
M-16
3%
Sodom
2%
The Final Sign of Evil
2%

Total votes: 63

Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

my fav thrash band! Everything thrash is about Sodom define it! This is a VERY difficult poll but i'll go for Obssesed as well! Soooo many over the top lps:Tapping The Vein, Better Of Dead, Persecution Mania ,Code Red.......... i can go on for days!

Although "In The Sign Of Evil" is my fav.....................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
jared

Post by jared »

voted for "final sign of evil" since i couldn't vote for "in the sign of evil".
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

jared wrote:voted for "final sign of evil" since i couldn't vote for "in the sign of evil".
So you're the one. From the looks of it it seems In The Sign Of Evil would've gotten to most votes overall.
AngelOfLucifer

Post by AngelOfLucifer »

Expurse Of Sodomy, hands down for me. Dark lyrics and atmosphere, great production and incredible tracks.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Avenger wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
The Knell wrote:I never got into Agent Orange somehow...
AO was the hardest nut to crack for me too. :P
Why???

Best album in my opinion.
I don't know. It just sounded utterly boring and hookless at first. I like it nowadays though. I still prefer In the Sign of Evil, Presecution Mania and perhaps Tapping The Vein over it.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
jared

Post by jared »

Black Axe wrote:
jared wrote:voted for "final sign of evil" since i couldn't vote for "in the sign of evil".
So you're the one. From the looks of it it seems In The Sign Of Evil would've gotten to most votes overall.
if "final sign" would have been released as a full LP in 1984 instead of "in the sign", it would probably one of my favorite LPs ever. as it stands, i still think it's very fucking good.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

The Knell wrote:which Obsessed version do you prefer,Steamhammer or Metal Blade?
I'll go for the Steamhammer pressing. Faster, tuned lower, & a mad farty bass solo on "Equinox".

I went for Persecution Mania. The Expurse 12" is the absolute peak of Sodom for me. Shame there was no room on the poll for Mortal Way of Live.

What the fuck's an expurse?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

AngelOfLucifer wrote:Expurse Of Sodomy, hands down for me. Dark lyrics and atmosphere, great production and incredible tracks.
Seconded! Their best recording!!!

But, Persecution Mania, is probably their best album, followed by Obsessed & AO!

Always loved the Persecution Mania cover!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

is a bit difficult!
Agent Orange,Better Of Death,Tapping The Vein and Masquerade in Blood are i fav,so i voted Agent Orange,only for Remember The Fallen,Incest,is worth it
Rick

Post by Rick »

'Obsessed by Cruelty' very closely followed by 'Persecution Mania'. I also totally love 'In the Sign of Evil' and 'Expurse of Sodomy'. But I can never forget being 15 or something in the late 80s and my dad offering to buy me an LP at a record store - I picked 'Obsessed by Cruelty' and said that's the one I wanted. His expression was great! But he did buy me the album, haha!
I only heard the Metal Blade version several years later and thought it sucked. So for me it's the Steamhammer version all the way!
I never heard 'Tapping the vein' other than for a song or two. I see I must check it out, with so many recommendations here.
'Agent Orange' is a great album, but nothing comes close to the earlier material.
I still very much enjoyed the 'Better Off Dead' album. I loved (and love) the embossed LP cover.
'Mortal Way of Live' is skullcrushing too, and I must have spun it a zillion times as a teenager.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:What the fuck's an expurse?
I always thought they must mean "expurgation" or something like that.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Rick wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:What the fuck's an expurse?
I always thought they must mean "expurgation" or something like that.
Even replaced with "Expurge" the title doesn't really make sense. But that's Sodom!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
The Knell wrote:which Obsessed version do you prefer,Steamhammer or Metal Blade?
I'll go for the Steamhammer pressing. Faster, tuned lower, & a mad farty bass solo on "Equinox".
The Knell wrote:I personally like the first recording better, the intro is much better and the sound is rawer/dryer
never heard the Metal Blade version.. considering Tom's quote on MA, the recording for Metal Blade was the first (thought it was the other way round :? ) so the kvltier sound is probably on that one?
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

c4d4v3r wrote:Better Of Death
Huh?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Obsessed by Cruelty without a doubt...and an amazing cover to top it all haha
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine