The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mordred

Post by mordred »

This "No Halls in the Sky" chorus won't leave my head for a while I think. :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

GJ wrote:Image

Patrick pulled out his old Epic Irae shirt for a "promo-shoot" today. 8)
What band do I sport shirt-wise? :wink:
Soundtrack of Our Lives? :wink:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Man-O-War???
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

Khnud wrote: Soundtrack of Our Lives? :wink:
No way! Haha! Seems as if you're aware of the fact that the last gig we did as Epic Irae was as support to Union Carbide Productions (in 1991)?

Anyway, you should look bit to the (south-) east. (ie it's not Manowar either)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

samples from the upcoming album (probably) out first week of february...maybe earlier....

www.myspace.com/voltaxband
GJ

Post by GJ »

Figured out (slightly) how to make a myspace page yesterday. Uploaded some old (= ten years old) demo tracks of mine. Don't ask me why, for the very bored maybe...

http://www.myspace.com/goranjacobson

No! I'm a total poser.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Im in a new band, comprised of members of punk and metal bands I was in for years (Deception Of Faith, Hell Battallion, Strychnine Saviors, etc). 2 demos released and our debut EP coming soon. Lots of influence from old punk, old thrash metal, black metal, crust punk, etc infused in a really awesome way.

THE D-GEN'S
http://myspace.com/deathuponimpactdiy

"I gotta say, I haven't heard this kind of raw punk/thrash blend since the 80's! And y'all probably weren't even born when this stuff was getting going!" - ROB WILLINGHAM of MILITIA on THE D-GEN'S.

"The tunes sound cool! Lookin forward to hearing the ole' skool brought new skool from you dudes! Keep me posted..." - JIM DOFKA on THE D-GEN'S

Let me know what you guys think of the tracks. Impending Doom, The Feeding, and Slain By Maryjane are all from the upcoming EP "GODS OF THE GODLESS". Eva and Reincarnation are from the selftitled Live Demo (limited to 200 copies, sold out). Vocals and bass coming very shortly. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

DIY Demo #1 2009

Selftitled Live Demo 2010

L to R: Jesse (Lead), Me (Drums), John (Rhythm)

L to R: Richie (Bass), Me (Drums), John (Rhythm), Jesse (Lead)
daniel

Post by daniel »

In a way I might not be the ideal person to comment since I'm not the biggest fan of punk or thrash, but I've listened to my fair share of both, and have an above average thrash collection anyway. Ok, it's a releatively young band, and it's always easier for a listener to shoot things down after a few seconds, which can be really destructive/annoying considering all the time the musicians have put into creating something - having said that I can't pretend I think any of it sounds good, I listened to all the tracks and the same problems are prevalent throughout; the tuning is often completely off, the band sounds like everything is about to fall apart at any moment; which comes from the drums not keeping time very well and overall being very sloppy and out of control, and despite the songs being quite short, due to the aforementioned problems they feel like they're dragging on. But, with some more work maybe you guys can get it together.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:THE D-GEN'S
I actually liked the slightly-out-of-tune guitars the most. Mostly. They have that crazy, wild sound of many an old SoAm act. The more rockin' tunes, i.e. "Slain By Maryjane" and "Reincarnation" > the rest, but I'd like to hear the finished versions w/ bass & vocals before final judgement...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

complete songs from new album up www.myspace.com/voltaxband

i know lots of you here prefer new bands that copy the exact sound of an 80s band (which i have always think is lame)...well give us a try, no,we are not from Europe,no, we DONT try as hard as possible to sound as one 80s band (you name it) and NO! we dont try to be "old school" for the sake of it, we hate that term, we play heavy metal and thats that...we try to have variety on our songs,we try to have melody and catchiness too without being wimpy, we paid good money for our production,so give us a try all of you bitter people of the forum (nah im kidding ,love u all haha)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:complete songs from new album up www.myspace.com/voltaxband

i know lots of you here prefer new bands that copy the exact sound of an 80s band (which i have always think is lame)...well give us a try, no,we are not from Europe,no, we DONT try as hard as possible to sound as one 80s band (you name it) and NO! we dont try to be "old school" for the sake of it, we hate that term, we play heavy metal and thats that...we try to have variety on our songs,we try to have melody and catchiness too without being wimpy, we paid good money for our production,so give us a try all of you bitter people of the forum (nah im kidding ,love u all haha)
What's with the band photo of "Agent Matt"? Someone really likes Loudness, haha...

I'll give your myspace tracks a listen later on when I've got time man.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

oh yea haha,inside joke of the band,he has some japanese blood,and as you can see in other pics you will notice what i mean, every place where we play theres at least one dude screaming at him "akira takasaki!" so yea,it will be like that until we finish fixing the gayspace profile :lol:
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

New recordings up with bass, done fully and not in one take (like the last ones). Tell me what u think. Impending Dooms a killer!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Oh and the out of tune guitars were not intentional its just we had to relocate to the other side of th county and just put up smoe live takes so we had something up instead of taking forever. The new ones are infinitely better.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Listening.

I like the riffs of 'Reincarnation', but the solos at the end are unbearably out of tune....sorry. 'Impending Doom', was harder to listen to, even the bass is out of tune with the rest of the instruments, and the out of tune solos, ummm, really hard to sit through, again with the drumming it sounds as if things could fall apart at any time. These things weren't as evident on 'Eva'. I think you guys should try make sure each of the instruments are in tune WITH EACH OTHER before recording anything, are you using separate makes of tuners or what? Or not re-tuning the instruments before recording? You should really address thagt problem because it makes it sound like you don't know what you're doing, though you can still hear that most of you can play.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.