The offical MAGNIT/CREDO-thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Zherneboh wrote:I actually like 'Детектив' or 'De-tech-teeve' better than 'Dies Irae' ...
Any idea whether the two first Magnit albums are available anywhere? Were they released on vinyl or tape?

I also need the Credo LP bad!!
Acke

Post by Acke »

zeuhl wrote:
Zherneboh wrote:I actually like 'Детектив' or 'De-tech-teeve' better than 'Dies Irae' ...
Any idea whether the two first Magnit albums are available anywhere? Were they released on vinyl or tape?
They were only released on tape (which sucks since it would be great to have the albums on vinyl).
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Yeah, just tried to google both of the non-vinyl Magnit albums.. It seems they've been released on reel-to-reel tapes (only?), hah! That's just sad...

jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

By the way...the "Slushaij Rok!" Tape is incomplete.

Full version has 6 instrumental tracks, for a total of 11 tracks
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

zeuhl wrote:Yeah, just tried to google both of the non-vinyl Magnit albums.. It seems they've been released on reel-to-reel tapes (only?), hah! That's just sad...
That's crazy isn't it!? Especially considering the quality of the material, number of musicians involved and production. I think 'Dies Irae' was released on the state-owned Melodiya label though...I'd love to know more about who these people were, interviews, etc. My bootleg copy just has a picture of Dies Irae with a photo of a reel-to-reel player in the sleeve for the other two releases!
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

There shouldn't be any artwork for the first 2 Magnit releases. Every reel-to-reel release came out with a standard/generic cover as the one posted above or few others from different companies/times. But there isn't for sure any specific artwork release for the first 2 Magnit albums.

By the way: I listened to the 6 instrumental tracks on the "Slushaj Rok": they are cover or reprisal of classic music and semi-progressive rock tunes. Nothing special but it's a shame to see that they aren't available anywhere else except for some torrent sources.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

jnfernal wrote:By the way: I listened to the 6 instrumental tracks on the "Slushaj Rok": they are cover or reprisal of classic music and semi-progressive rock tunes. Nothing special but it's a shame to see that they aren't available anywhere else except for some torrent sources.
I have them, but they really sound like a completely different band. If it's not just a plain ol' mix-up, at least this was done with a different lineup. Of zero interest to even the most openminded Metal fan, believe me.

One really cool Magnit-recording not mentioned yet is their cover of Mozart's "Dies Irae". I don't think it was part of any old 'magnito-album' but rather a separate unique track.
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

DaN wrote:
jnfernal wrote:By the way: I listened to the 6 instrumental tracks on the "Slushaj Rok": they are cover or reprisal of classic music and semi-progressive rock tunes. Nothing special but it's a shame to see that they aren't available anywhere else except for some torrent sources.
I have them, but they really sound like a completely different band. If it's not just a plain ol' mix-up, at least this was done with a different lineup. Of zero interest to even the most openminded Metal fan, believe me.

One really cool Magnit-recording not mentioned yet is their cover of Mozart's "Dies Irae". I don't think it was part of any old 'magnito-album' but rather a separate unique track.
Yes...not so good those 6 instrumentals...but that 'Dies Irae' is absolutely stunning! As with their Prokofiev cover on Detective. I gather they were a bunch of classically trained musicians?
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just got this url pm'd from Destrozer... I'm speechless... :shock:

http://www.alyemaki.ru/video/rok-gruppa ... 987-1991-g

Check out the 2nd link first. It's a promo-video for "We Exist Without Feeling Our Land Underneath". It is beyond.... EVERYTHING.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

DaN wrote:Just got this url pm'd from Destrozer... I'm speechless... :shock:

Check out the 2nd link first. It's a promo-video for "We Exist Without Feeling Our Land Underneath". It is beyond.... EVERYTHING.
:shock: WoW !!! Just WOW!!!

Its VERY BRAVE video clip for 1990 year,because it speaks about Stalin/Communism crimes.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

lunaboy wrote:

:shock: WoW !!! Just WOW!!!

Its VERY BRAVE video clip for 1990 year,because it speaks about Stalin/Communism crimes.
Actually de-stalinism in the USSR started in 1953. :wink:
I liked the first clip more, sorry the second is just too weird, haha.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Quick question before I continue raving about these clips:

Does anyone recognize the 3rd album pictured in the Magnit/Credo-section of this page, about 2/3rds down? --> http://www.alyemaki.ru/o-nas

I guess it's some sort of compilation, but which song(s) are featured? Has anyone ever seen it for sale?

Edit: This one
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Music Of The Heart. That's all I got. Next picture if belonging to the same LP seems to suggest a split?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

very very cool stuff,thanks for sharing!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just in case I wasn't clear about the fact of how this is the Long Lost HOLY GRAIL of CCCP Metal History, here's a detailed description/tracklist of the 8 unique clips presented on the page linked above

1. "Work" - (MAGNIT lp) live for USSR TV '89

2. "We Exist Without Feeling Our Land Underneath" - MAGNIT official promo video '90

3. "In The Style Of Gaetano Pugnani" (different recording from the CREDO lp!) official promo video '90

4. "Loneless" - CREDO promo/live-in-studio clip

5. Private live cam recording '89:
- backstage talk, photo session + presentation
- Paying For Everything
- I Let You Go
- Loneless
- Farewell (all tracks from the CREDO lp)
- backstage clips

6. Different, earlier private live cam recording:
- backstage warm-up + presentation
- Slushay Rock!
- Osen'
- Sneg (all tracks from MAGNIT - "Detektiv" demo '87)
+ the same show as clip #5:
- backstage talk, photo session + presentation
- Paying For Everything
- I Let You Go
- Loneless
- Farewell (all tracks from the CREDO lp)
- backstage clips

7. Live in Moscow '90, professional recording for USSR TV:
- Paying For Everything
- Loneless
- Farewell
Private live cam recording:
- In The Style Of Gaetano Pugnani

8. A different rip/edit of the "We Exist.." promo.

As incredible as these artifacts are, I can't help longing for those possible live clips that may exist out there, of anthems like "Forgive if you can, Russia", "Rise up, russian people!", "Eleonora" or "All Around"....