Texas Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

I love these three gems:

Infernal Death(El Paso)- Incantations of the Gates- sick black/thrash
Torture(El Paso)- Storm Alert - great thrash with some atmosphere
Necrovore(New Braunfels)- Divuus de Mortuus- early death with atmosphere
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

BTW, since BARON STEELE were mentioned, M-A mentions 4 unreleased tracks. Do they really exist? Has anyone heard them?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

BYFIST for the good part...

VALKYRIE, MORBID TERMINATION, HELLPREACHER, SYRANAX etc for the generic part....
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:fuck! i didnt knwo Acridity was from Texas!? :shock: ...how i wish to have that godly demo one of these days....
si tienes casetera, yo te lo copio
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

metalmaster wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:fuck! i didnt knwo Acridity was from Texas!? :shock: ...how i wish to have that godly demo one of these days....
si tienes casetera, yo te lo copio
si tengo! porfavor padrino!!!
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

BTW, since BARON STEELE were mentioned, M-A mentions 4 unreleased tracks. Do they really exist? Has anyone heard them?
The unreleased tracks mentioned on M-A probably came from this interview from GRAY MATTER fanzine. They were most likely played live but never recorded.

I've heard a practice tape with no vocals that may have some of these songs.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

texasmetalunderground wrote:
The unreleased tracks mentioned on M-A probably came from this interview from GRAY MATTER fanzine. They were most likely played live but never recorded.

I've heard a practice tape with no vocals that may have some of these songs.
Yeah, it seems that the band did have those four songs, maybe they can be found complete with vocals in some ultra rare rehearsal tape, who knows. Anyway, thanks for uploading the interview, it's cool to have something more than a 2-track demo from this great band.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nabel

Post by nabel »

Militia! Tony Smith probably hunts armadillos for breakfast, though looking guy.
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
texasmetalunderground wrote:Acridity was from Victoria, a small town close to the coast between Houston and Corpus Christi. They were great considering how young they were when they started. I think they were all between 14-17 in the beginning.

I've got some killer live shows on video. 8)
ahh! youtube perhaps??? :D

Hey MEXDefenderOfSteel, I finally got around to uploading some of that Acridity live footage. Nothing groundbreaking, but not bad for a bunch of youngsters.

http://www.youtube.com/TXmetalunderground
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

texasmetalunderground wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
texasmetalunderground wrote:Acridity was from Victoria, a small town close to the coast between Houston and Corpus Christi. They were great considering how young they were when they started. I think they were all between 14-17 in the beginning.

I've got some killer live shows on video. 8)
ahh! youtube perhaps??? :D

Hey MEXDefenderOfSteel, I finally got around to uploading some of that Acridity live footage. Nothing groundbreaking, but not bad for a bunch of youngsters.

http://www.youtube.com/TXmetalunderground
wow ,just checked them out and i really liked them, the quality of the videos is actually pretty good! thanks a lot!....i spotted a Devastation shirt huh? :P
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

Did anyone ever heard of XANTHUS and their "Fata Morgana" cd release from 1995??? Any infos appreciated, thanks!!!
humus

Post by humus »

Sacrilegio wrote:I love these three gems:
Torture(El Paso)- Storm Alert - great thrash with some atmosphere
I think this was a weak effort compared with their Terror kingdom 12"
tomas

Post by tomas »

Baron Steele rules!! Awesome stuff!
But does it slay witches?
DTP

Post by DTP »

haha, ACRIDITY. i caught those cats once, they opened for RIGOR MORTIS, members looked more like JEFFERSON AIRPLANE than the usual white high-tops/denim look, still rocked that night...

lotsa great picks! a couple not mentioned:

GAMMACIDE (rippin deathrash on WILD RAGS)
SEVERANCE - underrated DM from the mexican border
ANGKOR WAT - first lp is decent crossover, kinda reminds me of the ACCUSED (demo is lord!!)
WATCHTOWER - godly haphazard techy prog-metul, both disks rule! probably the only tech-metal act who jumped around like the BAD BRAINS onstage, instead of standing still, concentrating on their time-changes..
SCUM OF THE EARTH - awesome obscure hawd-koa from H-town
formally 'Hellpreacher'
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

MANIA-No Lullabies is mine fave record from Texas.