Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
malegys

Post by malegys »

humus wrote:
malegys wrote:1. Want to see a photo of the real pre-Obituary 7" (Xecutioner), as i've seen many sales list mentioning this 7" by another band called Executioner,also from Florida,but i'm 100% sure it aint the Pre-Obituary band. Never seen a copy or heard of anyone who has it (the real one)
Deathster from this forum owns one, so does the guy from Nuclear war now productions. I think he got his from an ebay auction last month:
http://www.popsike.com/Obituary-Executi ... 68631.html

My biggest mystery;
The unreleased Master's hammer album. Did Marcel from Sombre really steal it from Franta only to bootleg 2 tracks of it, and not the whole album?
Cheers Jelle,
Yeah, so i admit, i was wrong afterall :oops: :oops:
If that 7" came from the drummer, then it must be that one.
Damn,here goes another 200$..when will it all end?
"Do you like Wenom?"
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: nope, not at all,i stick with paradoxx one as the overpriced and overrated one
that's my opinion as well. I mean The Sybling is INTENSE ,twisted and full of raging riffs. As for Paradoxx...well ,buy Hexx's Under The Spell and save your money..................

......not that Militia worth the trillion their ep is priced (and that goes for any record no matter how hard it is to be foundl)....................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Sammi Curr wrote:I don't know if this is true or not, it's sort of my own theory; Does anyone notice how similar the production is on that Exorcist album and the Original Sin album? I'm pretty sure Original Sin is just Virgin Steele with Dave Defeis' sister on vocals. That or it was all just done in the same session or same studio. Regardless, it sounds exactly alike.
already said its the same persons behind both records...and actually i have a theory too,that same way Defeis distorted his voice for Exorcist, i think he did the same for Original Sin...just pay close attention to it... :wink:
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

What does the Left-Hand path album lyrics say? :twisted:
Keep politics OUT of this forum
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Sammi Curr wrote:I don't know if this is true or not, it's sort of my own theory; Does anyone notice how similar the production is on that Exorcist album and the Original Sin album? I'm pretty sure Original Sin is just Virgin Steele with Dave Defeis' sister on vocals. That or it was all just done in the same session or same studio. Regardless, it sounds exactly alike.
already said its the same persons behind both records...and actually i have a theory too,that same way Defeis distorted his voice for Exorcist, i think he did the same for Original Sin...just pay close attention to it... :wink:
Yeah, I've thought the same thing...it really sounds a LOT like DeFeis...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Witchkiller wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote: nope, not at all,i stick with paradoxx one as the overpriced and overrated one
that's my opinion as well. I mean The Sybling is INTENSE ,twisted and full of raging riffs. As for Paradoxx...well ,buy Hexx's Under The Spell and save your money..................

......not that Militia worth the trillion their ep is priced (and that goes for any record no matter how hard it is to be foundl)....................

I can't agree more with it,not a single record should cost that amount of $$$,no matter how rare it is.A bunch of people shouldn't decide on how much the rest of us will pay for a record just because they set a price on it,it's stupid if we agree when they define that price as the standard price for the record.It's not only about the demand and offer thing,there are tons of lame albums out selling for hundreds while they are low in demand.But as long as people are paying for them,nothing will change unfortunately.So it's all about the "offer",demand has nothing to do with it,the more people willing to pay much are out there,the more expensive some albums will get.As for Under the Spell,you'll get a great LP and a much better record plus the "xxs" either way,so why pay more?MILITIA'S FINE,BUT WHY 1000s?It's kinda irrational to me,some could disagree but it's something i just can't get.I don't care if i will never own it anyway,i'm a fan so mp3s and tapes and CD-rs are fine to me.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Trigger wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:

I can't agree more with it,not a single record should cost that amount of $$$,no matter how rare it is.A bunch of people shouldn't decide on how much the rest of us will pay for a record just because they set a price on it,it's stupid if we agree when they define that price as the standard price for the record.It's not only about the demand and offer thing,there are tons of lame albums out selling for hundreds while they are low in demand.But as long as people are paying for them,nothing will change unfortunately.So it's all about the "offer",demand has nothing to do with it,the more people willing to pay much are out there,the more expensive some albums will get.As for Under the Spell,you'll get a great LP and a much better record plus the "xxs" either way,so why pay more?MILITIA'S FINE,BUT WHY 1000s?It's kinda irrational to me,some could disagree but it's something i just can't get.I don't care if i will never own it anyway,i'm a fan so mp3s and tapes and CD-rs are fine to me.

That is the difference between a FAN and a COLLECTOR(Junkie)

I am sure this has been discussed before on here.
COLLECTING is an addiction

Addiction & Supply drives the price More then the Seller(pusher) these days
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

glockose wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:

That is the difference between a FAN and a COLLECTOR(Junkie)

I am sure this has been discussed before on here.
COLLECTING is an addiction

Addiction & Supply drives the price More then the Seller(pusher) these days
Well,you made your point(in this case 'my point')and you're absolutely right.What i mean is that indeed this is the element to descriminate a collector from a fan and we totally agree.I have no problem with anyone collecting(and what if i had),i can't deny i've spent a few more $$ for a record myself,i just won't buy at the high price a dealer may give.I try to stay low,i can't do otherwise anyway since my finances don't allow me.I also collect in a way,since i prefer originals in comparison with a CD-r or a tape,but i'd rather keep the stuff i really like.Sometimes i can see myself not trading records which i don't like but i bought very cheap,seems i have a hard time parting them.What's wrong with me doc?Do i have the "collector's germ" inside me?I hope if i become a millionaire one day i won't spend my millions for a copy of Millitia'a Ep....:)
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Most important point made: Hexx - Under the Spell is awesome! I picked it up the other day after ages and really enjoyed it.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

HAHAHA

Yes you might have the infection.
It's a terrible thing.

Thinking of starting a rehab program for some folks
Maybe start with an intervention

I've been there, Kicked the habit for a while and then find myself going right back.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Yeah, eBay's my needle all I need is money to melt down and inject!
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
great_knuthulhu

Re: Your top-3 Metal Mysteries?

Post by great_knuthulhu »

glockose wrote:
DaN wrote: 3. EMERALD CITY???
What would you like to know sir?

It is NOT a metal LP......
The "Waiting for the Dawn" band? I like the LP, full of Hendrix-references. But Dan; this is another one of those "Gubbrock" releases :lol:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

glockose wrote:HAHAHA

Yes you might have the infection.
It's a terrible thing.

Thinking of starting a rehab program for some folks
Maybe start with an intervention

I've been there, Kicked the habit for a while and then find myself going right back.
Please,DO count me in,I really need to go back to normal.I can feel that virus going all over me...can't help myself,just look at my,i'm turning into a vinyl geek :shock:
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Just one mystery at the moment.. What does the other side of In the End/Hawks of Cairo 7" sound like??? (meaning the song In the End)
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Always wanted to know... Whats the song you can hear slightly in the background of "the sybling" with Militia... :evil:
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL