(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Holy Mighty Stormwitch

Post by Holy Mighty Stormwitch »

Sagrotan, check Repeat Records in Malmo (www.repeatrecords.se), at the corner of Bergsgatan and Amiralsgatan. The best record shop in southern Sweden at least, but a bit pricy on the vinyls. If you're looking for Heavy Load it could be a good place to look.
Thanks for suggestion, I´ll be in Malmö 1-2 days at the beginning of October and look after it :D .
peterott

Post by peterott »

Just for the record:

Black Hole recordshop is closed since some months, as the rent for the shop was too high. They are currently looking for a new shop though.

Melloton does not exist anymore either, and is dead for good. :(
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

think I won't make it to Malmö since the weather is so good we are just lying around on the Öland beaches.. 8)

see what I can find in Stockholm..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Tomorrow I'll start working at Repulsive, so see you guys there.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Destrozer wrote:Tomorrow I'll start working at Repulsive, so see you guys there.
I hope to be there today if I find it.. it's on St. Eriks Gatan, right? any more adresses would be appreciated as I seem not to stroll the right areas to stumble upon something good accidentally.. :(
Centuries of Evil
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

It's St. Eriks Gatan 84, very close to the subway. I will not be working today though. I will mostly work on Saturdays...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Be sure to check out Nostalgipalatset further up on the same street, S:t Eriksgatan 101. Someone at Repulsive can probably help w/ directions.

These 2 should also be worth a visit:
Stockholms Serie- & Skivhandel at Sveavägen 104 (T-station Rådmansgatan)
Mickes Skivor at Långholmsg. 20 (T-station Hornstull - this store is almost always opened, like 10 o'clock on a sunday evening..)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Great thread. I'll be in Stockholm for a few days in early october. Any gigs worth going to on October 3rd through 6th?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Great thread. I'll be in Stockholm for a few days in early october. Any gigs worth going to on October 3rd through 6th?
I'll ask around. If I'm in town that weekend we should meet up for HM Hunting + beer 8)
great_knuthulhu

DaN wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Great thread. I'll be in Stockholm for a few days in early october. Any gigs worth going to on October 3rd through 6th?
I'll ask around. If I'm in town that weekend we should meet up for HM Hunting + beer 8)

Would be great. I'll be with some non-metalheads, but will ditch them at least for one day. Don't know exactly what days I'll be there yet either. I'll be in touch when I know.

I really should go to Stockholm more often. Only 4 hours by train and prices around 200SEK return included.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

DaN wrote:Be sure to check out Nostalgipalatset further up on the same street, S:t Eriksgatan 101. Someone at Repulsive can probably help w/ directions.

These 2 should also be worth a visit:
Stockholms Serie- & Skivhandel at Sveavägen 104 (T-station Rådmansgatan)
Mickes Skivor at Långholmsg. 20 (T-station Hornstull - this store is almost always opened, like 10 o'clock on a sunday evening..)
thanks for the adresses! didn't make it to Repulsive yesterday, got stuck in Skansen half of the day.. family holidays has its aspects, but definitely doesn't match up with an appropriate record hunt. next time I'll be coming alone..

have only been at Serie & Skivhandel yesterday, cool little store but not much there for me. maybe I'll be coming back for ANIALATOR 12" & picture disc, both sealed for 120 SEK (if I don't find anything good besides that) (edit: just read the reviews on MA, haha, these are so bad I think I should get them! :D ). they also had ANACRUSIS - Suffering Hour for 60 SEK but I already have that (the price slays though!)

will be at Repulsive today. I'll be watching for some employer with cryptic kyrillic characters on T-Shirt, that would most probably be you, Destrozer? :wink:
Centuries of Evil
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just remembered - Sweden's largest record fair is on saturday (oct 3) in Solna, Stockholm. I can pm you some details later if you wanna check it out. I'll be there, both selling & buying.
great_knuthulhu

DaN wrote:
Just remembered - Sweden's largest record fair is on saturday (oct 3) in Solna, Stockholm. I can pm you some details later if you wanna check it out. I'll be there, both selling & buying.
Just checked out the trains and I can make Stockholm on friday night. I'll most probably be there. Please PM the details, would appreciate a lot.
nabel

Post by nabel »

I'm also going to Stockholm in few months, might check few places from this topic also. If I'm in condition to do any record hunting... It's just a old school ferry trip to there and back to celebrate friends 30th birthday = drinking, drinking and little bit more of that.
mordred

Post by mordred »

DaN wrote:Mickes Skivor at Långholmsg. 20 (T-station Hornstull - this store is almost always opened, like 10 o'clock on a sunday evening..)
Indeed, I can bear witness to the fact that the store is open even on Christmas Eve. :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D