Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Wow?.......

I've seen this CD so many times for around the $30.00 mark.

Even cheaper if you dig a little.
I bought mine for $5.99 not so long ago. This dude surely must shill-bid on his own auctions. No person in their right state of mind would pay $300 for a cd which can be dug out of almost every German second hand store.

On a side note this LIAR - Nothing but the Truth is a great mosh album. Produced by Heimi Mikus from Risk. The second album was total disappointment though.
And now nobody was bothered to pay 25 $ for it. Considered buying it myself, but I thought it ain't worth that much.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

gigadeth wrote:
sovdat wrote:4 year old CD and pressed in 1000 copies ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTENSE-DEGREE-War- ... tsupported
this seller may regret

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0058611925
I'm sure he would. :lol:
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

stormspell wrote: On a side note this LIAR - Nothing but the Truth is a great mosh album. Produced by Heimi Mikus from Risk. The second album was total disappointment though.
Agreed on the 1st album. The 2nd album isn't as good as the 1st one but still I think it's not too bad (if I remember correctly). Need to dig out the CD and give it a spin again.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

sovdat wrote:Should go for around $500 or so?
It is supposed to be a hair metal top-rarity so it might go for more.

What I must say though (and it hasn't got to do with the link above) is that i feel that this thread has somehow strayed from its initial point. I mean, there must be hundreds of posts with links of random ebay auctions that ended at 100$ or so, which on one or two occasions might really be an extraordinary price, but it isn't really what'd you call an insane auction. I have almost stopped checking most of the links posted here since there's nothing really crazy about them, just a few cds/lps that were sold some dollars higher than they were expected.
So, either we open a new thread with the simple title "Ebay Auctions" or continue by posting the really insane ones.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/KIDD-WIKKID-SELF-TI ... tsupported

Should go for around $500 or so?
Ebay Average Price: $582.11
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:

What I must say though (and it hasn't got to do with the link above) is that i feel that this thread has somehow strayed from its initial point. I mean, there must be hundreds of posts with links of random ebay auctions that ended at 100$ or so, which on one or two occasions might really be an extraordinary price, but it isn't really what'd you call an insane auction. I have almost stopped checking most of the links posted here since there's nothing really crazy about them, just a few cds/lps that were sold some dollars higher than they were expected.
So, either we open a new thread with the simple title "Ebay Auctions" or continue by posting the really insane ones.
Yes, but a lot of those "$100 CD's" normally go for quite a bit lower. So in my opinion that is "insane".
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Yes, but a lot of those "$100 CD's" normally go for quite a bit lower. So in my opinion that is "insane".
Sure, then again while 100$ is a lot of money, it's not an amount that could really freak out most people. But it depends i guess... Paying 100$ for an atmospheric death metal with female vocals 2009 promo could freak me out haha.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Sure, then again while 100$ is a lot of money, it's not an amount that could really freak out most people. But it depends i guess... Paying 100$ for an atmospheric death metal with female vocals 2009 promo could freak me out haha.
Haha...

Well, I don't know what the original intention of this thread was. Be it for astronomically high prices that drop your jaw or for just pointing and laughing at people that get ripped off quite badly. Once again, back on the CD topic, if a disc normally sells for $30.00 but an auction for a copy ends at $120.00, then in my books that's "insane" for that specific item.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

This one will probably go for a lot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0389098481
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/KIDD-WIKKID-SELF-TITLED-S-T-CD...

Funny story about this CD is that the band is aware of the insane prices it fetches. They also caught the Retro Vegas dude redhanded with bootlegs on his hands several years ago, YET they haven't done a zit of re-releasing it for all the fans which begged them to.

So this is one of the few cases where I have no sympathy for the band whatsoever.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/KIDD-WIKKID-SELF-TITLED-S-T-CD...

Funny story about this CD is that the band is aware of the insane prices it fetches. They also caught the Retro Vegas dude redhanded with bootlegs on his hands several years ago, YET they haven't done a zit of re-releasing it for all the fans which begged them to.

So this is one of the few cases where I have no sympathy for the band whatsoever.
If I remember correctly, I saw the last ebay auction for this CD being discussed else where after the price ended at $394.00. I don't really remember any more details though as this stuff isn’t really up my alley.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0438550766

hu~
diehard morbid angel collectors are crazy.

i didn't know that this album was out by earache, by the way.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

gigadeth wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0438550766

hu~
diehard morbid angel collectors are crazy.

i didn't know that this album was out by earache, by the way.
Maybe only b'cos they are touring at the moment??
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

fuck !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0405670722

i have tried to bid on this CD for $71.8 last seconds, but with my mistake, i put $7.18 :cry: i lost this CD. insanely low price even though obi is missing