KRAKEN (Col)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
anthares

KRAKEN (Col)

Post by anthares »

Kraken rules!! From the first four albums the first and third are amazing! Others are great too! But one question: how are their first singles? I mean soundwise. Are they much different from the album versions?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I had both Escudo Y Espada 7'' and Todo Hombre Es Una Historia 7''s once in the time, traded them away years ago though. :( The sound was different from the album versions. Rawer and BETTER if I remember right. Long time ago I heard them both.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I've heard only the first but it's great indeed. Are the other ones in the same vein?
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I had both Escudo Y Espada 7'' and Todo Hombre Es Una Historia 7''s once in the time, traded them away years ago though. :( The sound was different from the album versions. Rawer and BETTER if I remember right. Long time ago I heard them both.
agreed with the description here,much rawer plus i think the vocals have more high pitching screams here and there, better versions indeed...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

They followed a more melodic/commercial direction after the 1st album which didn't do much for me, but the first 2 7"s and the debut are certainly killer ballsy heavy metal. A track like Todo Hombre Es Una Historia is written only once in every ten years...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote: A track like Todo Hombre Es Una Historia is written only once in every ten years...
CANT AGREE MORE WITH THIS, among my top heavy metal songs :D
Buried By Time and Dust

Kraken (col)

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

I got both Kraken 7"s from '86-'87 and it seems they were Radio Promos only or very few reached fans.The music sounds better than the lp to my ears.Great stuff.

Off subject: you should check out Arkangel from Venezuela and also Gillman Levante Y Pelea.Really good Metal.
Chafe

Re: Kraken (col)

Post by Chafe »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:I got both Kraken 7"s from '86-'87 and it seems they were Radio Promos only or very few reached fans.The music sounds better than the lp to my ears.Great stuff.

Off subject: you should check out Arkangel from Venezuela and also Gillman Levante Y Pelea.Really good Metal.
Levantate y Pelea is one of the greatest southamerican Heavy Metal albums in my opinion. Also RESISTENCIA - HECHO EN VENEZUELA.

About KRAKEN, I've just listened their first album, great Heavy Metal, but never listened the next ones (II, III and IV).

You should check out also METALMORFOSIS from Bolivia, they just released a 7" in 1985 and a unreleased demo. A CD with both (7" and Demo) has been released some months ago, you should really check it out!!!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Chafe wrote:You should check out also METALMORFOSIS from Bolivia, they just released a 7" in 1985 and a unreleased demo. A CD with both (7" and Demo) has been released some months ago, you should really check it out!!!
Where is this CD sold? Thanks in advance for the tip!

On topic, KRAKEN is an excellent band, at least when it comes to the albums I own (the first four ones) and the first and third albums are the better for me, being the heaviest, but the second and the fourth are great melodic Metal, not that gay in the end. I can compare the second one to Larmes de Héros from SORTILEGE, not musically, but in the spirit -maybe less the arrogance of Zouille :lol: -.

I didn't heard the singles, but with what's written here about them, I have to buy them when possible.
Gott ist tot.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Mr Nuke wrote:
Chafe wrote:Where is this CD sold? Thanks in advance for the tip!
You can order the CD with the bassist of METALMORFOSIS, their contact is only their MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =441706198

Hope you like it!
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

I have the Kraken S/T LP. Very good listen.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:I got both Kraken 7"s from '86-'87 and it seems they were Radio Promos only or very few reached fans.The music sounds better than the lp to my ears.Great stuff.

DaN ripped those singles (which now is in you possession ;) ) and I would love a upload of those, if possible?
anthares

Post by anthares »

Mr Nuke wrote: On topic, KRAKEN is an excellent band, at least when it comes to the albums I own (the first four ones) and the first and third albums are the better for me, being the heaviest, but the second and the fourth are great melodic Metal, not that gay in the end. I can compare the second one to Larmes de Héros from SORTILEGE, not musically, but in the spirit -maybe less the arrogance of Zouille :lol: -.

I didn't heard the singles, but with what's written here about them, I have to buy them when possible.
Well put!!
Dirty Rocker wrote: DaN ripped those singles (which now is in you possession ;) ) and I would love a upload of those, if possible?
Would be nice to listen to these.

Is 50 bucks real price for these singles?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I would buy those singles anyday for 50 bucks. I think those singles would go for 3 digit amounts on ebay for sure.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Extremely well played album. Got it on LP. Did I already made a rip of it, can't remember. The cd version is crap and the greatest song is missing. Let me know if someone wants a rip.
Long Live The Loud !!!