Old Spanish metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

"Stealing" is a pretty heavy word imo...If downloading mp3s actually "steals" the music of others, then the same was happening in the old "pure" days of tapetrading. Tapetraders weren't less guilty than mp3 kids. And it is of course one thing to download mp3s to check out an album that you are interested in buying and quite another to have a music collection of mp3s only and stop buying anything just because you found a way of listening to it whenever you can and without any cost. Demos, rare-ass records and the likes is another discussion.

However, it's OK with me if you use the same word in both cases, the whole world obviously has been stealing music since the invention of tape. This thing didn't begin with mp3s in any case and why this is happening in one form or another for so many years now, that is a question that the people of music industry who determine the prices should pose to themselves.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Most don't stop buying, but buy one album per 1/2 months and keep the rest on their PC. That too me is still stealing. It's not like they download 2 or 3 albums a month, more like 5-10 and maybe buy one. They usually don't even look to see if an what looks like obscure album is still available...
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Who cares if its available? People want to hear something before they buy it especially if its available, the only people who don't like it are those who got shafted on making uneducated purchases and those who want to push shit releases and are afraid of being discovered via having this release heard before it is bought.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I personally know some people that buy 3-4 albums per year and the rest of the time download mp3s. Sorry, but that doesn't count as active buying.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Sounds very active to me and of course that is none of your business either.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

They can do whatever they want, i don't give a damn if they don't buy anything at all, i just don't want to hear them saying that they also buy music, make sacrifices and support the whole thing because it is absolutely frustrating. You must have a very refined taste if you think that only 3 or 4 albums per year are worth of your money. Maybe you can't afford more, but being completely satisfied with that number of purchases, sorry, it doesn't make sense to me if you want to call yourself a fan of Music, metal or not.

Abyss

Post by Abyss »

I wish I could buy entire catalogs but its not a reality,I average about 10 albums a year I would say sometimes more, I am currently unemployed so that may change to 20 a year or more when I do get a job,but as I understand it albums are more expensive in europe and I could understand why people don't buy as many.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Here in my country 1000 dollars/750 euros is a lot of money, for example that is what my father earns, however we have to pay college bills, food, mortgage, healthcare, life insurance and that money ammount disappears quite quickly.
If I just had spent all of that money into LPs, EPs, demos, singles, etc... I wouln't have had the opportunity to study a carreer in univesity, and most peruvian metalheads simply earn much less then that; the only way they have to listen all that music is to buy pirate records or download music. Music is one of the most important things in our life but, it ain't all. I think that even if I had enough money to buy more or most stuff I have or i'm interested in accquring, simply some dmeos are impossible to obtain because they are discontinued so downloading grants me access to that group. Finally, I download because I also have an Mp3 to carry music wherever I go. No offense to anybody, but don't call us thieves. :shock: :evil: :)
Keep politics OUT of this forum
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

As i've already said, i respect your choice to buy very few or no records at all if your economic situation doesn't allow to do otherwise. And i'm pretty sure that if you had the money you would have bought as much as you could. What i don't like is people who start shouting about the bloody sacrifices they made and their endless support to the music they like when they have bought 5 original albums in the last 2 years (the example i'm giving is real). Talking so much on such cases is really annoying for me. I hope you understand the difference between "I bought only one album this time cause i didn't have the money, but if i had it, i would had bought 10 more" and "3 albums for this year are enough in any case, i spent too much on music goddammit"

King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Sure Ion Britton, I do understand what you mean, I was not attacking anyone directly or indirectly, you wanted to express my opinion. Also Mp3 are usefull because sooner or later your CDs and LPs are gonna start a process of corrosion
and having your PC full with all your music is a very safe way of storing all your collection too. It saves space in your room too and finally you can make several copies in case they Cds and LPs get ruined or your hardrive was stolen or got caught in a fire etc...

What I would never ever support is making bussines with your Mp3s; is something you share, we are a community with interest in a form of culture and selling it is a way of prosituing a form of art we hold in a very high steem. thatwoudl be worse than stealling. :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

SolidSnake311 wrote: It saves space in your room too
a room full with records is one of the greatest things to have IMO, I've seen so many rooms of others that are complete boring, no books, no records, nothing, just filled with some fucking crap everybody has.
Long Live The Loud !!!
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

What I ment was you can have all your collection in Mp3 format as a back up, I'm not saying you should throw away your collection :P
steelangel

Post by steelangel »

Spain had a fantastic scene in the 80's ... and still have nowadays !!

From the 80's I would say :

VIUDA NEGRA 7"
MURO : Acero y Sangre
CROM : Steel for an Age
THOR : Thor
EXCALIBUR : Generacion Maldita
HADES : Entre el Fuego y la Cruz EP
PEDRO BOTERO : Pedro Botero
ATILA 7"
OSIRIS 7"
SABLE : Simbolos de Rebelion
DAMA FEUDAL
anthares

Post by anthares »

steelangel wrote:
VIUDA NEGRA
CROM : Steel for an Age
HADES : Entre el Fuego y la Cruz EP
PEDRO BOTERO : Pedro Botero
ATILA 7"
OSIRIS 7"
SABLE : Simbolos de Rebelion
DAMA FEUDAL
Any uploads for these? Interested to hear!
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Personally, I like A LOT the spanish Heavy Metal, it has that "something" that other bands doesn't, maybe it's because of the Lyrics plus the way they sang them!!, the energy and the spanish pronunciation make'em unique!!

I'd like to recommend Subterraneo "Toledo", Thor "Mata a la Bestia", Bruque, Sparto; and of course, the DESCARGA NORTE compilation, with Rock D.A.M. (The two tracks on this comp/split are totally different from the ones in their albums), BO2, Estigia (from their more speed metal period, songs from the demos), UTM and CAID DECEIT!!!! (their two tracks and the demo are just AMAZING!!!!)

Also, do anyone knows the first single of SABLE??, is it as good as SIMBOLOS DE REBELIÓN?
I'm also searching for the HALLEY (Esp) Self Titled LP, do anyone have heard it??, I've just listened one song (Danzad Malditos Danzad) and it's AMAZING!!

P.S.: I think someone should make a topic about Latin American (plus Brazil) Heavy Metal, here in Chile there wasn't too HEAVY metal bands, it was more of an extreme scene, but the rest of Southamerica had some awesome bands...