Rare NWOBHM - added JUNO'S CLAW, LADY JANE, DOGGIE OZWALD!

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I liked the wild&OTT sound of SCB a lot, but SNATCHBACK was the pick of the pair for me. Flawless oldestNWOBHMmania all the way! Many thanx.
boris

Post by boris »

interested in more ?? I can add Avalanche - the Preacher and Junos Claw, which sounds close to Snatchback in some places ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Damn, I've been dying to hear JUNO'S CLAW for ages (such an awesome band name!). So, Yes Thank You!
boris

new add - JUNO'S CLAW

Post by boris »

now added the fantastic Juno's Claw, I think from 1979 as well :

1. Barbara
2. The Master
3. Big City

again, one of my all time favorites. seen this only twice for sale.

http://rapidshare.com/files/202402124/jclaw.rar

another one is Lady Jane - The Sheer Power of Rock EP :

1. For You Tonight
2. Out For the Count
3. Whiskey and Leather

http://rapidshare.com/files/202414543/ljane.rar

yet another upload today is the Doggie Ozwald 7'' :

1. Feelings Down
2. Leave Me Alone

http://rapidshare.com/files/202508191/dozwald.rar

enjoy and comment ...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Awesome! Wil play these as soon as I get a chance! Do you know what years the Lady Jane and Doggie Ozwald were released? I think i've heard the Lady Jane before, but I've never heard of DO.
I'd like to hear that Avalanche sometime too if you don't mind sharing it.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
boris

Post by boris »

Doggie Ozwald - 1981
Lady Jane - 1984

Maybe you've heard one Lady Jane track on one of these bootleg NWOBHM compilation CD's.

I will add Avalanche in the next few days. There's also Vagabond, Moselle and some more if there's interest ...
Mazez

Post by Mazez »

Great stuff. I can't get enough of these obscure NWOBHM bands. Thanks.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

boris wrote:Doggie Ozwald - 1981
Lady Jane - 1984

Maybe you've heard one Lady Jane track on one of these bootleg NWOBHM compilation CD's.

I will add Avalanche in the next few days. There's also Vagabond, Moselle and some more if there's interest ...
That's right, it was just one LJ track I heard!
Thanks for the dates, much appreciated. I love the A-side of the Vagabond single 'deep water'; never have seen that one for sale, so it's been parked on my want list forever :( Don't know Moselle at all, so it would be cool to hear that and Avalanche.
Q: I think it was you that posted a great nwobhm track called 'hawks of Cairo' awhile back, but i don't remember the band... do you have any info/other tracks by them, whoever they were?
As always, thanks for sharing these very rare nwobhm items!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
boris

Post by boris »

nightsblood wrote:
boris wrote:Doggie Ozwald - 1981
Lady Jane - 1984

That's right, it was just one LJ track I heard!
Thanks for the dates, much appreciated. I love the A-side of the Vagabond single 'deep water'; never have seen that one for sale, so it's been parked on my want list forever :( Don't know Moselle at all, so it would be cool to hear that and Avalanche.
Q: I think it was you that posted a great nwobhm track called 'hawks of Cairo' awhile back, but i don't remember the band... do you have any info/other tracks by them, whoever they were?
As always, thanks for sharing these very rare nwobhm items!
I have seen Vagabond for sale twice, but missed on both occasions. problem is that not me nor Malc know nothing about them, so it's difficult to track down.

Hawks of Cairo was by an Irish band Sweet Revenge. they had 2 singles, which are very very rare. only seen each of them once. If I can find my CDR with these I'll post them.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Thanks for all these uploads. Don't have much to comment as it's definitely not the NWOBHM style i adore and grew up with, but it's always great having the chance to hear bands that come from the depths of the underground.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
pzman

Post by pzman »

Many thanks for all these megarare nwobhm stuff boris, especially Juno's Claw and Snatchback! Would also love to hear Trial by fire and Black tiger if you have em.
boris

Post by boris »

ION BRITTON wrote:Thanks for all these uploads. Don't have much to comment as it's definitely not the NWOBHM style i adore and grew up with, but it's always great having the chance to hear bands that come from the depths of the underground.
what's closer to your style ? closer to Satan / Angel Witch / Hell ?

pzman wrote:Many thanks for all these megarare nwobhm stuff boris, especially Juno's Claw and Snatchback! Would also love to hear Trial by fire and Black tiger if you have em.
I have these somewhere ... where did you hear about Trial By Fire ?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

boris wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Thanks for all these uploads. Don't have much to comment as it's definitely not the NWOBHM style i adore and grew up with, but it's always great having the chance to hear bands that come from the depths of the underground.
Yup, those actually ARE my style.

Blitzkrieg, Cloven Hoof, Virtue, Cobra, Millennium, 1st Jaguar, most post-85 bands, you get the idea.

It would be awesome to hear an unknown gem closer to that style :wink:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Ion- I assume you've heard Charger? It's rare, but has circulated on some boot comps. Definitely would be more your style. Lotus Cruise and Iona might also suit you; not as forceful as the bands you mentioned, but more straight-up/solid nwobhm. Straght Six, Bollweevil, Trident, and Deuce might also be to your liking. Sorry if you already know all these; just throwing out a few lesser-known nwobhm bands, but none of these are obscure as the ones Boris is providing so you may already have heard 'em all
-Becky
boris

Post by boris »

ION BRITTON wrote:
boris wrote:
Yup, those actually ARE my style.

Blitzkrieg, Cloven Hoof, Virtue, Cobra, Millennium, 1st Jaguar, most post-85 bands, you get the idea.

It would be awesome to hear an unknown gem closer to that style :wink:
you mean real heavy metal then !

I suppose you know Valkyrie ? if not then
http://rapidshare.com/files/198963846/valkyrie.rar

I think you might like all kinds of Deep Machine offsprings like Nevada Foxx and Touchstone, maybe even Original Sin, Duchess, Sweet Revenge, Trial By Fire, Prowler (not the 7'' band), Widow / Kamarg / Quit Bitchn', Ram, Receiver, Fury and a lot of others I can't remember right now ...