Obscure French singles

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Obscure French singles

Post by DaN »

I think this page (thanx again Keir!) deserves a thread of its own:
http://www.45toursderockfrancais.net/ro ... lehard.htm

It includes (almost) every French Hard Rock/Metal 7" released from the late 70's to the early 90's, with cover scans and a 30-second taster from each single, many of which I've never seen or heard about before. Some sound instantly awful, some seem great, the majority of them could be either way since the first 30 seconds of a song doesn't really say that much about the overall quality.

So, which of these have you heard, or even own? Recommendations? Any of those clips got you on a 30-second headbanging frenzy on first listening? Know of any ones not included on the page? etc...
Let's have another thread where we dig deep, Deep, DEEP into the Olde Metal underground!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

I know this website.Even submited some bands to M-A back in 2007 if I remmember correct.From these samples the best imperssion left ASTAROTH and WKRX.Also I found one person on SoulSeek who have 50 percent MP3s of these singles from this website,but he's now off line few weeks...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good list, plenty of them are new to me. Some of favourite 7" are:

MARIENTHAL
LEGEND
DESDEMONA
DEATH'S ANGELS
XS
DRIFTER
DAMOCLES
ASTAROTH
H AND H

I still haven't heard the DANGER ZONE and the NIGHTREAPER 7"s which are supposed to be among the best. Anyone who can upload any of them?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

ION BRITTON wrote:Good list, plenty of them are new to me. Some of favourite 7" are:

MARIENTHAL
LEGEND
DESDEMONA
DEATH'S ANGELS
XS
DRIFTER
DAMOCLES
ASTAROTH
H AND H

I still haven't heard the DANGER ZONE and the NIGHTREAPER 7"s which are supposed to be among the best. Anyone who can upload any of them?
I can upload ASTAROTH 7" EP on Poisonoise But it's just 128 Kbps so against the rules. Song "Anges Ou Démons" is Outstanding!!!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Shitloads of stuff there! Poor french metal collectors!
lunaboy wrote: I can upload ASTAROTH 7" EP on Poisonoise But it's just 128 Kbps so against the rules. Song "Anges Ou Démons" is Outstanding!!!
Plz! Yeah!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have a better rip than 128Kbps, if there is any interest i will upload it myself.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

We should definitely make a "sister-thread" in Poisonoise where we share what goodies we have. Should have a bunch at home and will upload tonight. Must work now.

Came to think of a 7" not included: MASKED RAIDERS (yes, got a rip of it)
nabel

Post by nabel »

I have strange perversion towards "La dame en noir / L'adolescent" by Calamine. That one just rolls so beatifully. Only possible in France.

I have one cd'r of french singles back home, I'll see if I have something you guys don't and try to upload them.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
nabel

Post by nabel »

omen of hate wrote:I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
Yeah, one french metal maniac told me about that book. Should be excellent reading!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

nabel wrote:
omen of hate wrote:I've checked this page, amazing job ! Talking about French metal, I've ordered a book a few days ago "Made in France 1978- 2008" which is supposed to be exhaustive with all french releases.
Yeah, one french metal maniac told me about that book. Should be excellent reading!
The book is unfortunately only available in french, but I've read on their webpage that they're working on an English version.
anthares

Post by anthares »

omen of hate wrote:
nabel wrote:
The book is unfortunately only available in french, but I've read on their webpage that they're working on an English version.
Thats something!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

i want to hear that single with the old frenchman with his suitcase. I forgot the name!
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Woah this website is great! I can't get over that DAB cover..the music sounds fairly interesting too in a Gotham City amateurish type of way. I like the 30 second clips on here, they satisfy a bit of my curiosity.
Keir

Post by Keir »

The Knell wrote:i want to hear that single with the old frenchman with his suitcase. I forgot the name!
Made in France - Hard Depose?