The offical MAGNIT/CREDO-thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Credo are indeed GODS my favourite Russian band and one of my favourites in general why this band is so unknown?I mean their music can/could be heard by a wider audience at least in their country.Credo's music is pure genial masterpiece.Other Russian recommendations except MONOMAH,PARANOIA which i like very much.And where can i find more info about CREDO?Even in Metalrus when i choose the option ''bands'' they don't exist in the list?
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

This might not be the most useful info but still something. The task for the 2007 would maybe to find the old CREDO musicians and force them to re-unite? A "Corroseum Festival 2007", please?

"In 1991 in the place of the split up MAGNIT came the band CREDO, in whose line-up a few musicians came from the previous band: Aleksander Bobrov (claviature), Karel Melik (claviature, vocals), German Smirnov (bass), Vladimir Gladkovitj (drums) and two new members: Vladimir Tjekarev (guitar), Sergej Kirpitjikov (vocals). The aesthaetical direction of the new band was left: fast classic metal with elements of classical music".

(Loosely) translated by myself from "Russkij Rok - Malaja encyclopedia", Lean-Antao Moscow 2001.

I also read on the Metalrus forum that a label had contacted the band about a re-release of "Paying for everything" but nothing came out of it. Maybe they didn't even reply.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Metalipeiklo wrote:(Loosely) translated by myself from "Russkij Rok - Malaja encyclopedia", Lean-Antao Moscow 2001.
You read ruski? Kewl. Is that the book I've heard about which include just about every HM tape album released in the USSR in the 80's?
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:(Loosely) translated by myself from "Russkij Rok - Malaja encyclopedia", Lean-Antao Moscow 2001.
You read ruski? Kewl. Is that the book I've heard about which include just about every HM tape album released in the USSR in the 80's?
Yea, some! Could very well be the same book, though I've seen other editions of it with different covers. I got mine today and I haven't the slightest idea where to start. So much stuff I've never heard about, and several listed bands haven't even released anything it seems! So, just in case someone needs any info on some hyper-obscure act from Russia (my edition is from 2001), let me know and I'll see if I can provide with any info.
Fun records
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Hey Joel, where did you find the book? I could sure need a copy. I was thinking of asking some relatives in Moscow to pick one for me...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Destrozer wrote:Hey Joel, where did you find the book? I could sure need a copy. I was thinking of asking some relatives in Moscow to pick one for me...
In Riga, Latvia. Search the book shops in the underground tunnels near the central station :)
Fun records
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

On this site: http://rusrock.ueuo.com/history/russian/m.html it says that MAGNIT in 1990 released a tape album entitled "Платим за все" (Paying for everything). Further it says that CREDO released the LP "Платим за все" in 1991.

That means there could be a pre-version of the godly CREDO LP. Not that I have any idea if it could be the same recording or not... (The MAGNIT "Dies Irae" LP is according to the same site supposed to have been out as a tape called "Палач" before it came out as "Dies Irae").

Let the hunt begin...

PS. The same info is also in the book I mentioned above. Same source maybe.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've heard about the pre-Dies Irae tape before, but the other one was news to me. Could be the same recording perhaps, but this needs to be researched properly.

Has anyone else heard about this other Russian CREDO who released an album on Melodia (probably) around '86? I think it's supposed to be symphonic rock and not related to the "real" MAGNIT/CREDO, but I wanna be absolutely 100% sure there's no connection before I write them off my wantlist.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

DaN wrote: Has anyone else heard about this other Russian CREDO who released an album on Melodia (probably) around '86? I think it's supposed to be symphonic rock and not related to the "real" MAGNIT/CREDO, but I wanna be absolutely 100% sure there's no connection before I write them off my wantlist.
If we are talking about the same "2nd Credo" it is a Latvian, not a Russian "band" (released on Melodija as you said). I've seen it here and there and maybe it is this particular LP you're talking about?
http://cgi.ebay.com/CREDO-KRIK-super-ps ... dZViewItem

I am quite sure that the famous (in Latvia at least) latvian composer Raimonds Pauls behind that CREDO is nothing for your want list :) But who knows?

eDIT: I heard that the Latvian CREDO isn't all that bad. Someone dare to check it out? :)
Fun records
boris

Post by boris »

Well about these tape albums that were re-released on vinyl, as far as I know they are the same recordings because it was pointless to rerecord them. The tape albums of the late 80's had a good quality and the masters could be used for vinyl.

Regarding Kredo not making it, not reforming or whatever, that's because no one in Russia cared ! They were a mediocre band on the scene, while there were the eternal 4 tytans of Russian metal - Aria, Master, Black Coffee and Black Obelisk, and no one really cared about most other bands. Same with bands like Paranoia and First Aid.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Boris wrote:Well about these tape albums that were re-released on vinyl, as far as I know they are the same recordings because it was pointless to rerecord them. The tape albums of the late 80's had a good quality and the masters could be used for vinyl.

Regarding Kredo not making it, not reforming or whatever, that's because no one in Russia cared ! They were a mediocre band on the scene, while there were the eternal 4 tytans of Russian metal - Aria, Master, Black Coffee and Black Obelisk, and no one really cared about most other bands. Same with bands like Paranoia and First Aid.
Interesting! Thanks for the insight. However it appears odd to me how people could care more about (the overrated) MASTER and (not so good) BLACK COFFEE instead of good bands such as CREDO. Alright, I can't judge their live performances. And seeing the band pictures of CREDO I guess people were interested in the more image oriented bands, hehe...
Fun records
boris

Post by boris »

Also, don't forget that Aria, Master, Black Coffee, Black Obelisk, Avgust and Legion came much earlier than bands like Credo, so they were also the veterans. No one noticed passing phenomenons like Credo, Paranoia, Klinika, Alexandr Nevskiy, Stayer and many more bands ...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

By the way, Boris, you mentioned CREDO/MAGNIT making live performances? You've seen them play? Are you maybe in possession of any interesting facts, photos or similar of the band(s) yet unknown to public?
Fun records
boris

Post by boris »

Metalipeiklo wrote:By the way, Boris, you mentioned CREDO/MAGNIT making live performances? You've seen them play? Are you maybe in possession of any interesting facts, photos or similar of the band(s) yet unknown to public?
Well we moved to Israel in 1991 so we pretty much missed this period in Russian metal, and anyways I was pretty young back then. A good chance is that my dad saw Magnit play live, and he might know someone from the band. He does know personally the guitarists from Aria and Black Coffee ...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Credo are phenomenal for me.I don´t think it will ever exist better band than CREDO/MAGNIT in Russia.