Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

BloodOfChrist wrote:WOW....Im a fucking idiot. I didnt even know there was a vinyl re-issue. I need to buy it ASAP. Thanks for telling me about it!

As for that photo, I saw it and just thought "WHAT...THE...FUCKING...FUCK?"
Hahahaha....
Peter Daub (filsdumetal here on the forum) re-released it a few years ago, maybe he has some copies left. there were 400 copies white (as on the photo) and 100 black vinyl, if I remember correctly.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I am ... the One you warned me of
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

What a fucking great t-shirt, but too much for me to pay for a shirt (probably something like 35€ is a max for something like this here) ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

That Count Chocula kills me. From now I will include "secret gifts" for every auction of mine which will be random crap from my cellar
anthares

Post by anthares »

sovdat wrote:What a fucking great t-shirt, but too much for me to pay for a shirt (probably something like 35€ is a max for something like this here) ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=020
Cool shit there! But too much for me! :x
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

And in a huge size :? the guy has a few cool t shirts up!
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=008

$304 and still 1 hour and 40 mins to go!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

sovdat wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=008

$304 and still 1 hour and 40 mins to go!
At least the music is 10/10. Suprematie is my fave French record.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

MALEFICE LP from this seller was sold around 40-45€ last time I saw it on eBay. Either old vinyl prices go up as oil prices while they were made when oil was cheap, either this guy has overpriced records for sale. :lol:
Gott ist tot.
Keir

Post by Keir »

That auction is cursed! I noticed it was in my watched auctions list and thought it was strange since I had only looked at it, but just deleted it and didn't think anymore of it until today when I noticed Boo Berry in my watched auctions! WTF?!?
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Keir wrote:
That auction is cursed! I noticed it was in my watched auctions list and thought it was strange since I had only looked at it, but just deleted it and didn't think anymore of it until today when I noticed Boo Berry in my watched auctions! WTF?!?
Yeah me too... I had another one of his as well.

No wonder it said "most watched auction" on ebay in the description????
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

So $800 for Graven Image. Has the rare metal vinyl market completely turned around, and the known top rarities such as GI and Paradoxx are losing it, while there are new recorders out there, which weren't that known in the collectors corners before, such as that World War III?

Or do perhaps all of those big collectors, who would have paid $1500 for Graven Image or $3000 (?) for Paradoxx, already have those in their collections? (And the rest are selling)? ...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Leather Nunn is currently up for around that price too.
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sov- good question, I've noticed a few of Jim's items are starting to fall short of the stratospheric values they were bringing in past months. The reasons you mentioned are quite possible. Another possibility: July tends to be a big vacation month, which means people may have money tied up in travel plans and/or be out of town and offline for longer periods, so they may miss some auctions.
Collectors are often trendy and they may indeed be ready to move on to some more obscure items that are becoming known. Many collectors like to one-up their colleagues, and with several copies of leather nunn and paradoxx being sold in the last 6 months, those items may not be the 'crown jewel' they once were. Just speculation, but Wacky.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky