SIREN - No Place Like Home ..and similar bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mordred

Post by mordred »

ION BRITTON wrote:Please don't ask him such questions, another post-bomb is on the way now... :P
Yes I realize there's a huge risk for that... but I'm willing to take it just to hear him explain how Celtic Frost had nothing to offer and pales in comparision to the unimaginable supremacy of Carrion, and countless other swiss bands too I'm sure. :wink:

Despite Fucking Åmål's strange taste in music, he sure is a colourful character, essential to this forum's soul. :)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I can assure you he's not THAT pig-headed about his musical preferences when you talk to him face to face as he appears to be and he really likes the bands he praises so much here on the forum. Strange but honest as well. If we exclude some social issues, there's always fun to discuss about eastern-block/farmer george metal with such a passionate guy. You know, another Jag Panzer discussion is always welcome, but it's not a very uncommon situation for me.

Now Vag, tell us about the shittiness of Celtic Frost :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

daniel wrote:Wow, Fucking Åmål, isn't that the guy who turned out to be a fucking racist some time ago? And amazing taste in music, I mean how DA FUCK could any US-Metal be better that the sublime techno-dance-whatever he loves. Metal on dude, you certainly know what you're talking about.
You seem to ingore everything...I never compared irrevelant music styles with each other.Whether it is Ukranian or Us Metal with some other musics(like dance/pop).About racism where the fuck sticks in this issue now?

And after all who are you?Have you written in the forum enough or have you met me to know me?

Anyway the fact that i don't like some very beloved bands in this forum is my right to disagree.We have to be all in this forum fans of Jag Panzer,Satan's Host,Vicious Rumors,Metal Church,W.a.s.p and so on?Metal is more vast than some people regard it to explore more.

mordred wrote: Yes I realize there's a huge risk for that... but I'm willing to take it just to hear him explain how Celtic Frost had nothing to offer and pales in comparision to the unimaginable supremacy of Carrion, and countless other swiss bands too I'm sure. :wink:

Despite Fucking Åmål's strange taste in music, he sure is a colourful character, essential to this forum's soul. :)
Friend Mordred why all started to think that i don't like Celtic Frost because i said Carrion is the best Swiss band?

I love Celtic Frost's two first records but not as Carrion's.
And yes for me Celtic Frost is my second fave Swiss band.But i never was never fond of Swiss Metal except maybe for some Apocalypse,Bloody Six or Krokus.
hload

Post by hload »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
daniel wrote:Wow, Fucking Åmål, isn't that the guy who turned out to be a fucking racist some time ago? And amazing taste in music, I mean how DA FUCK could any US-Metal be better that the sublime techno-dance-whatever he loves. Metal on dude, you certainly know what you're talking about.
You seem to ingore everything...I never compared irrevelant music styles with each other.Whether it is Ukranian or Us Metal with some other musics(like dance/pop).About racism where the fuck sticks in this issue now?

And after all who are you?Have you written in the forum enough or have you met me to know me?

Anyway the fact that i don't like some very beloved bands in this forum is my right to disagree.We have to be all in this forum fans of Jag Panzer,Satan's Host,Vicious Rumors,Metal Church,W.a.s.p and so on?Metal is more vast than some people regard it to explore more.

mordred wrote: Yes I realize there's a huge risk for that... but I'm willing to take it just to hear him explain how Celtic Frost had nothing to offer and pales in comparision to the unimaginable supremacy of Carrion, and countless other swiss bands too I'm sure. :wink:

Friend Mordred why all started to think that i don't like Celtic Frost because i said Carrion is the best Swiss band?

I love Celtic Frost's two first records but not as Carrion's.
And yes for me Celtic Frost is my second fave Swiss band.But i never was never fond of Swiss Metal except maybe for some Apocalypse,Bloody Six or Krokus.
vaggelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,mh masas ore, germanila sto maximum.....edo oi opadoi toy vlack metal eginan yperaspistes tou US metal kai kala,hahahaha.......after all we're bad boys done dirty in the city 'cause we're too young to die......
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Pou se hamenos re?Grapse kai se mas ligo re.8)

Thanx anyway for your great words George.German Metal rules.

N.P.STAINLESS STEEL-In Your Backbone(the Metal should be like this)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BlackStele wrote:I think Dan should lock this thread...we fucked it up and it died
Tempting.. but there's just too many classic quotes here to let it sink like a rock.

...and who knows, in some distant future someone might actually recommend another band in the vein of SIREN.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

indeed...another band with difficult music, and weird vocals with strong accent are Longings Past...James gives the impression of many diffent singers in some parts. Not so"straight in your face" Metal, with hidden double meanings, that some listeners may not find so tempting...I think that their both works are growers after all..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I sorta missed another thread where Vag shines ...

Longings Past ... this is must be way harder to get than Siren. Enchanter members ... John, is this up your alley?
I am ... the One you warned me of
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Sure it is, although they much more Rush inspired than Enchanter. And indeed, it's pretty hard-to-digest material, damn me i haven't bought that reissue yet...

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Holy crap, An Angel's Tale track is 35+ minutes in length. Rush inspired epic/prog Metal?

:idea:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:Rush inspired epic/prog Metal?
Exactly. The beauty of that music is revealed only after repeated listens while always having an open mind...

BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Noisenik wrote:Holy crap, An Angel's Tale track is 35+ minutes in length. Rush inspired epic/prog Metal?

well, Longings Past, after all, preserve their own, unique personality, however "An Angel's Tale" is more difficult to comprehend/perceive than Meadows...it demands well studied listeners, it is not for everyone, that's a fact..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

BlackStele wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Holy crap, An Angel's Tale track is 35+ minutes in length. Rush inspired epic/prog Metal?

well, Longings Past, after all, preserve their own, unique personality, however "An Angel's Tale" is more difficult to comprehend/perceive than Meadows...it demands well studied listeners, it is not for everyone, that's a fact..
As a fan of progressive and experimental genres, I shouldn't have any difficulties with LP's music. However, rather symphonic length of two tracks surprised me as Longings Past is primarily a Metal band, isn't it?
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Noisenik wrote:
BlackStele wrote:

As a fan of progressive and experimental genres, I shouldn't have any difficulties with LP's music. However, rather symphonic length of two tracks surprised me as Longings Past is primarily a Metal band, isn't it?
Actually, I'd like to talk a tittle more bout this: This song("An Angel's Tale"), has 11 parts: The Returning, which is divided in 4 chapters(The Transformation/Purgatory/The Journey/Contentment), Drift With The Wind, Three Moons, A Limbo And Love, The Ghostly Hour, Sombered Mist, Eternal Glow, and The Celestial Forest, which is also divided in 6 chapters: (An Offering/Ethereal Quarter/Thoroughfare Of The Gods/Ceremony/Sovereignity/Arose With The Tide). This is a continuation from the previous song"The Goddess" and it describes a Quest. The whole album is a concept album, and a continuation of Meadows. There's a variety of elements existing there,such as: Wind chimes, Hand barchimes, Wood blocks, Temple blocks, Synthetic blocks, Claves, Triangles, Maracas, Shakers, Tambourine, Black walnut wood bones, Cowbells, Ice bell, Bell set, Pine long, and Glass, and I think their use is not excessive, however they emphasize each chapter, and each song with a unique way, entering the listener into the story with the most enlightening way, if I can use this word here...this is a magical journey, and a challenge for those who wonder, and can see-investigate far...Peculiar Metal with ethereal touches and vast variety of double meanings...decode them, and you'll have the Answer...Longings Past's music is a challenge for the brain, and allows it to "breathe" free, and "bear" unique images and ideas..maybe a "Celestial sanctuary" for those who seek "Freedom" filtered with the Spirit of the 80ies..

Sorry I wrote too much....
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Noisenik wrote:I sorta missed another thread where Vag shines ...
Mr.Nenad at least i have my own different opinion.I usually don't see many people around disagreeing about something they don't like.Why only people participate to say great or perfect.I have never seen often people saying shit this band suck ass and so on.What they afraid of?

We are here to talk about the good and the bad metal depending how we seeing it.

:wink: