New Dark Quarterer album

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
GJ

New Dark Quarterer album

Post by GJ »

Just found out that there are a new Dark Quarterer album out called Symbols. Anyone heard it yet? Opinions?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have heard one track at their gig here in Greece, it was horrible. 10-15 minutes the band didn't know what direction they wanted follow. Hell, i even heard some nu metal passages...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

ION BRITTON wrote:I have heard one track at their gig here in Greece, it was horrible. 10-15 minutes the band didn't know what direction they wanted follow. Hell, i even heard some nu metal passages...
Well isn't that just dandy. And I was really looking forward to hear this one. Now, I dunno if I dare...

Nu metal passages make baby Satan cry :cry:
Helm

Post by Helm »

The new DQ will slay, I am certain. Still hunting it down. DaN, don't be dismayed so easily. I was at the same gig and whereas there were stop-start guitar parts that scream 'modern metal influence' it's not time to bury it yet.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I have heard one track at their gig here in Greece, it was horrible. 10-15 minutes the band didn't know what direction they wanted follow. Hell, i even heard some nu metal passages...
Well isn't that just dandy. And I was really looking forward to hear this one. Now, I dunno if I dare...

Nu metal passages make baby Satan cry :cry:
To give you some hope, Dan, the responses were not all just mine, there were some people who actually found the track quite interesting, but i have to tell you that most of the guys i spoke with, they told me they didn't like it at all.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

....and obviously Helm was one of those who liked the track :)

Helm

Post by Helm »

I found a rapidshare link if it's good I am certainly buying though, DQ are one of the few bands I will gladly support in any way I can. Expect first impressions soon.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote:
To give you some hope, Dan, the responses were not all just mine, there were some people who actually found the track quite interesting, but i have to tell you that most of the guys i spoke with, they told me they didn't like it at all.
Only one thing i can say about Dark Quarterer BORRINGG.I waited for them to see them playing some of the 3-4 tracks from the debut but instead of that they played other tracks from other releases except the ballad ''Dark Quarterer''(i don't like this track btw) and ''Gates Of Hell''(great track).

Imagine that we hurried with Ion Britton and some others outside because of how boring they were.As for new stuff?I am still laughing.

Xaxa nu-metal combined with jazz,soft rock,classical music.But where was the Metal?Anyway apart from 3-4 tracks in the debut the band is nothing at all in the HM Map.Dead Meat from one step before death musicians i can say!:lol:

I wonder how people always compared them with ADRAMELCH.Because ADRAMELCH
even in the 00's release masterpieces.And not cheating their fans.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Come to think of it, I totally worshipped the last SARCOFAGUS album which some considered "nu-ish", so perhaps there's still hope. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it a listen asap.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I guess I'm quite unaware of the ingredients of nu-metal so hopefully I won't spot any similarities... (well if it sounds like later Fates Warning I will definitely be dissapointed)

As for the comparision with Adramelch I can see some resemblances within the vocal sound and melodies. But Adramelch are Heavy Metal and Dark Quarterer are what they are I believe (open minded heavy rock).

Btw - thanks for the info all of ye!
Helm

Post by Helm »

It seems like a very formidable record to me so far!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I wonder how people always compared them with ADRAMELCH.Because ADRAMELCH
WOW, EUREKA! You like ADRAMELCH? I'm impressed, I think I will marry you!! :lol: :lol:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

BlackStele wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:I wonder how people always compared them with ADRAMELCH.Because ADRAMELCH
WOW, EUREKA! You like ADRAMELCH? I'm impressed, I think I will marry you!! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: ADRAMELCH is my favourite Italian band.Nothing ever comes close to them as far as the kind they playing.

Irae Melanox is one of my 3 favourite records of all time.

I had seen them live and they kick ass as usual.In my opinion they have only written hymns.I waiting to release this band a new album.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Fucking Åmål wrote:And not cheating their fans.
How are they cheating their fans? Jesus, you make some statements. 'Violence' was close to being better than the first two DQ Lps in my opinion and I'm sure you don't agree but where exactly does cheating their fans come in? DQ strike me as one of the most honest and original HM bands there are, and you're saying they're cheating their fans because what?
GJ

Post by GJ »

Helm wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:And not cheating their fans.
How are they cheating their fans? Jesus, you make some statements. 'Violence' was close to being better than the first two DQ Lps in my opinion and I'm sure you don't agree but where exactly does cheating their fans come in? DQ strike me as one of the most honest and original HM bands there are, and you're saying they're cheating their fans because what?
Can't agree more. I absolutely adore Violence.

Man, it must be hard to be a fan (and having them).