WASP

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What's your favourite WASP album?

WASP
56%
The Last Command
6%
Inside the Electric Circus
No votes
The Headless Children
26%
The Crimson Idol
12%
Still Not Black Enough
No votes
Kill, Fuck, Die
No votes
Helldorado
No votes
Unholy Terror
No votes
The Neon God: Part One - The Rise
No votes
The Neon God: Part Two - The Demise
No votes

Total votes: 34

The Sentinel

WASP

Post by The Sentinel »

What about a WASP poll? WASP is one of my favourite bands. Needless to say that Blackie Lawless great vox and songwriting skills define the sound of WASP. What is your favourite WASP album?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Dying For The World or Dominator. Ooops... :D

It's been over a year since I last heard most of the W.A.S.P. albums, but I'd probably go for The Headless Children.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Black Axe wrote:Dying For The World or Dominator. Ooops... :D
Oops indeed, I forgot Dying For The World, but added Dominator; where is it?

Anyway, I go for the Crimson Idol; nothing but perfection imo. The song Chainsaw Carlie alone makes this album something special. This album just has everything.

But the first album belongs also on top. Love Machine, Hellion etc are nothing but ballchrushing pieces of steel.

I love the rest as well
:D
Long Live The Loud !!!
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

The Headless Children. It has the matured song-writing of the albums that came after and the balls of the ones that came before.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I only know the 3 first WASP albums, I voted for their first because it's the heavier !!! and it's the only WASP album I still listen to !
mordred

Post by mordred »

The Headless Children, because it's darker and more "serious" than the earlier albums. Closest contenders would be The Last Command and The Crimson Idol.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Difficult to choose between The Crimson Idol and The Headless Children. TCI brings me back alot of good memories and Blackie sings with so much wrath on it... On the other hand, THC has Maneater and Rebel in the FDG which are hands down two of the 100 best Heavy Metal tracks ever recorded...I'll vote for THC this time.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

The Headless Children here, too. "I Wanna Be Somebody" from the 1st one was one of my top early-teen hymns but Headless Children as a whole stands far out. Reminds me I wanted to check out The Crimson Idol for ages, I lost track with that and didn't hear the later ones neither
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Sentinel wrote:Oops indeed, I forgot Dying For The World
Shame on you, Unholy Terror is far more forgettable. :)
sagrotan wrote:"I Wanna Be Somebody" from the 1st one was one of my top early-teen hymns
Same here. I think the debut was one of my first heavy metal albums. I wonder what made me buy it back then.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

I could never get into the stuff after inside the electric circus for some reason, I know a lot of people like those albums better and I've gave them numerous chances but nothing clicks.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Choose The Headless Children but The Last Command comes close.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Haven't heard all their albums, but THC is m fave. As others have noted, it has a great dark tone to it; Blackie's at his best when he's dark and at his worst when he's just doing shock rock. Earlier albums never clicked w/ me; kinda gimmicky/shock value. The 90s albums (CI, SNBE, KFD) are all pretty good, but Helldorado was awful and the Neon God albums were just rehashes of Crimson Idol.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Eventhough I was never a big WASP fan, I have to go with Headless Children. Then goes The Last Command and tha same titled for me..
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I voted for their debut although, I do enjoy all four of their first albums quite a bit even though the band completely lost it’s rawness by Electric Circus.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Abyss wrote:I could never get into the stuff after inside the electric circus for some reason, I know a lot of people like those albums better and I've gave them numerous chances but nothing clicks.
Yeah, I agree, could never get into Headless... or Crimson...

I may have to seek them out and listen to them again, considering most of you, who's tastes I acknowledge & appreciate, voted for them...
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?