Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I won that ebay auction and that is the same copy that just sold
I also got the remaining Avatar 45's from him along with his yellow vinyl

Mr. Allinson was a super nice guy but when it really came down to it he didn't know much. When he did his book it was such a joke. He sent me a copy and asked for my help. I wrote up 300+ records that were missing from the "A" section sent it to him and said hell if I am going to do this for you I should just do my own book, He didn't like that very much. so he released what he had. Pretty bad
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Ah, so it was the same Metropolis copy?! Amazing.

Yeah, John Allinson's book was missing tons of stuff, and he mistakenly thought no one would be interested in biographical information about the bands. His main interests seemed to be nwobhm, doom, and swamp/delta blues music. It was far from complete but it was something, and back then (i.e. pre-internet explosion) any source of info on discographies was helpful. I had only been colelcting for a few years when it came out, so it was probably more useful from my POV.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Zaxas - I only know of 2 copies, This is the first one ever for sale on the open market. It is a Great power metal record
I know of 4 copies. one = Andi, one has the other Andy from Bavaria, one I have the last one had Mr. Duckler who found two about 18 months ago, one was on Gemm as a disco maxi single for 25 US$ and one he got from ebay for 10 US$.

There als was an AMETHYST "Outside of Nowhere" on ebay.de in the pop section for 5 € buy it now option, crazy how this copy arrived there, it also went to Mr. Duckler.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Shit happens all the time
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

New question for everyone: I've heard there are bootleg copies of the 'yellow goat' Bathory album, but never heard how they're discernable from the real thing. Does anyone know for sure if there are boots, and if so, how to spot them?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
humus

Post by humus »

nightsblood wrote:New question for everyone: I've heard there are bootleg copies of the 'yellow goat' Bathory album, but never heard how they're discernable from the real thing. Does anyone know for sure if there are boots, and if so, how to spot them?
Well, what i've read once is that they were 'coloured in' white goats. So I think they would be pretty easy to spot, but maybe not on a blurry photo...
Keir

Post by Keir »

It's always nice when an instance of eBay insanity strikes one of your own auctions. I don't remember how long I had this on my sale list at $20 for, but I thank you all for not buying it. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=003
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Congrats!
DT were great before signing to CM
-Becky
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Keir wrote:It's always nice when an instance of eBay insanity strikes one of your own auctions. I don't remember how long I had this on my sale list at $20 for, but I thank you all for not buying it. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=003
Ha?

At least it's good for you...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

KATEDRA-Natus In Articulo Mortis

I think that seller is KATEDRA ex-Drummer's wife(She was manager back in 90s and as far as I know have the biggest amount of LPs at home)
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

Korgüll wrote:I'm so glad I have this CD:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Rottrevore-Iniqu ... dZViewItem
wow that is fucking retarded - i still think any more than $20AUD for ANY CD is too much*.

*too much as far as me buying them, of course i'd be happy to sell them if some chucklehead will pay for them!
stepping on toes since 1978
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Usual CD costs way more than 20 AUD in local shops around here.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Most cost more than that over here too Sovdat he just likes his music goods cheap :P
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

lunaboy wrote:KATEDRA-Natus In Articulo Mortis

I think that seller is KATEDRA ex-Drummer's wife(She was manager back in 90s and as far as I know have the biggest amount of LPs at home)
I lost that one as it went for a bit over $80. How much do you think it should go for normally?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.