Same Riff??? (Riff-Off)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I didn't knew PINK FLOYD had also the same lyrics.Anyway who cares about the weakest track VAVEL made on their debut(It's a mellow ballad).

OK lot's of people ''collect'' VAVEL or hear VAVEL or hate VAVEL.I am of the middle.The fact that is rare doesn't say anything to me.It's one of the most ahead of this time bands.I don't see much difference from other Russian bands like MAGNIT or CREDO apart that they are older...

The lyrics/touch are naive sometimes and amateur but who cares they have a magical feeling.

Note:I am talking of course about the debut.The Second Death is softer/more commercial more Hard 'N' Heavy.Not so much simmilarities with the debut.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
daniel wrote:
Just in general I think VAVEL's lyrics are abysmal
Funny thing is that i consider their music to be of the same quality as well :roll:

Here comes Vag now...
English is probably not their first/native language.

You have to at least give them credit for trying.

It's the same case for many bands from different counties especially (in my experience) with french bands.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
thedeviltopay

Post by thedeviltopay »

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years and Megadeth - Washington is Next

The part after the opening notes of "Washington is Next" (just before the vocals begin) is almost identical to Maiden's "Wasted Years".
Adding Rap to Metal is like taking the most beautiful woman you know, to a plastic surgeon and asking him to put a penis on her!
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

The Black (Ita.) - I've been listening to their *Golgotha* LP and the last song on side 1, called Ultimatum is the same as No woman no cry by Bob Marley!
daniel

Post by daniel »

I'd forgotten about this one; MARILLION's track 'Fugazi'; the section right before the great ending, that keyboard riff is just the same as BLACK SABBATH's 'E5150' off 'Mob Rules'...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

Reactions "Lonesome Knight" has almost the same riff as Mein Kampf's "Speeder!!".
both records came out around the same time the same year.
so its hard to say who ripped off who.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

sabbat666 wrote:Reactions "Lonesome Knight" has almost the same riff as Mein Kampf's "Speeder!!".
both records came out around the same time the same year.
so its hard to say who ripped off who.
Wow I've never noticed :D

No wonder it's the second best Reaction song to me. Favourite would be Insane.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
daniel

Post by daniel »

There's a riff on ADX's 'Priere de Satan' that really sounds like the song during a sequence in 'Killer Klowns From Outer Space' where they ring the doorbell and turn the young woman into cotton candy, hah.

The second proper riff on BROCAS HELM's 'Ravenwreck' is obviously partially ripped off from MAIDEN's 'The Trooper'.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Apocalypse's (Swiss) Division has a chorus that blatantly rips off Metallica's Battery, both vocally and riffwise. The pre-solo melodic riff to Savatage's Gutter Ballet is very reminiscent of one in Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Brainbiter wrote:
tearitup1234 wrote:Iron Maiden- 2 Minutes 2 Midnight
+ Venom- Welcome to Hell.... the obvious pair
+ Strormqueen- Battle of Britain
+ White Spirit - Midnight Chaser
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

CHAOS UK - Control / SODOM - Outbreak of evil
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Cloven Hoof-Nightstalker/Rolling Stones-Satisfaction
Pangolino

Post by Pangolino »

Iron Maiden's "Aces High" starts with a riff that's in the middle of Raven's "Faster than the Speed of Light".

(We will all know this, and it's not so much riffs as chord progressions, but lots of Steve Harris's songs are "Hallowed Be Thy Name")

I keep thinking Running Wild's "Crossfire" is going to turn into Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak".
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

E-X-E "Slaughter Disorder" / SLAYER "Hell Awaits" = pretty similar chorus, slightly different pacing.

Finding ripped off Slayer-riffs in 2nd gen Thrash acts is a bit of a no-brainer though :lol:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I'm sure I heard the very same riff of Black Hole's "The Dark Theatre" in another song, but I can't remember well, anyone can help me with this?
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I dont have its mp3s here in Germany but Hels Birth-Death, one of the songs has an exact same riff in Slayers Black Magic/Face The Slayer, check it