The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

The Corroseum bands

Post by Cochino »

I don't know how many members are or were in a band, but if there's a few of us I think maybe we should start a thread (probably in Poisonoise) to share our demos/albums and give each other some honest feedback. Maybe if a member has a 'zine or a website can include a review, or whatever.
I would really like that because I trust and respect the opinion of the other members. I haven't seen arguments driven by arrogance nor the classic "fuck you your gay;-no, you're gay;-no, YOU are gay;-no, you are gay gay gay to infinity" kind of argument that you see in most forums.
Somebody's up for it?
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Back in 1990-1994 I played bass in Death Metal band PESSIMUS,but I don't think that a big amout of people here enjoy this genre :) . Anyway feel free to download or take a listen to only legacy: Demo "Prayer To Fire" 1993.

http://www.ferrum.lt/f/grupes/2
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Cool! I'm in a death metal band myself!
The link is in my signature, check it out!
I'll give your band a listen and then I'll be back with feedback (maybe this thread should be moved)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

It's a good idea, dunno if my band is really Corroseum material though.
I'm the singer in a band called BIGFOOT, but while Metal is certainly part of what we do, so is Hard rock, Psychedelia, Punk, Funk etc.
I don't wanna get run out of town by angry torch weilding villagers for diluting the "trueness" of poisonoize.
We just play what we play, we don't wanna limit ourselves to any one genre box, it all ends up sounding like "Bigfoot music" in the end.
At least to me.
I'd certainly be interested in hearing other forum members bands, but by the same token, i don't consider myself an expert on Death Metal or Black, so perhaps i'm the wrong person to ask for an opinion on bands in that style.
Should be an interesting and hopefully rewarding experience.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

As long as it's a respectful opinion is ok, so feel free to check my band out and tell me what you think of it, and also (if you want) post your band's demo. As long as is not a poser or trendy band I'm up for listening anything so you can count on me for feedback.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I actually "sung" in a quite original, epic metal band called STILL I'M SAD in the early 90's. I know I know, the name sounds totally emogay but we got it from the Rainbow-song (which is actually a cover but whatever..)

Been thinking about bugging the guys about those old rehearsal tapes. Would be cool to rip & upload. "Sodom Waters" was a fucking gem!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Come on, get them so finally we can review YOU, muahahaha. Let's see how do you like it to be on the other side of the gun, huh? :twisted:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Okay Cochino, you asked for it.
Here's my band's 4 song EP from 2004, the finest Scottish Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Punk/Psychedelia/Stoner/Prog Rock you'll ever hear.

BIGFOOT - It Feels Like This EP (2004)

01. Thriving On Nothing
02. Five Miles From Home
03. Medicine
04. Nice Day For A Crucifixion

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/83581486/BIGFOOT_-_It_Feels_Like_This_EP__2004_.rar 
Am off to d/l your bands demo just now, will give you some feedback once i've given it a few plays.
:wink:
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

good idea for a thread, so here is some shameless selfpromotion:

www.navja.de
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Lunaboy, I've downloaded your demo and listened to it just once, but I'm afraid it is a bit too melodic for my taste. I like caveman Death Metal like Impetigo, Slaughter, Master, etc. Still it has some interesting stuff, and back in 93 it probably was a lot more impressing. the thing is that being young and bombarded with thousands of bullshit melodeath bands made me absolutely prejudicial with melodies in Death Metal. But obviously is not poser/gay stuff, it kinda sounds like 90s Morbid Angel, so I'll give it a few more listenings. Sadly I might not be the best to review this, if someones doesn't have the melody phobia I have should listen to it.

Downloading Bigfoot right now. The band is still active, right?
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Yes,MORBID ANGEL had very big influence on our sound,as well as early VADER and SLAYER.Almost 80% of reviews we were compared to these bands.But some people also compared us to CADUCITY(Bel).I dont think that we played Melodic DM.Yes,songs have dose of melody,but its not fancy or ear friendly.As for your band so I also listened to it just one time :) Its reminds 80s DM acts.

P.S In 1990-1992 my band called FURIJA(Just latter we changed name to PESSIMUS) and at that period we played VENOM,SLAYER,CELTIC FROST kind of Thrash/Black/Death.Just at the end of 1992 we incorporated blast beats.I have old rehearsal of FURIJA from 1991 at parents house(Terrible sound quality and without vocals).
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Exaclty, I wouldn't say your band is Melodic Death Metal (which makes me gag) but Death Metal with melody, and what I said was from one listening, I'll give it a few more and give you a deeper review.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

No secret at all that a couple of us Aussies play in death/thrash/heavy metal band Shackles:

www.myspace.com/shacklesofdeath

Our 'Inquisitor's curse' 7" is still available around the traps. Demo re-release coming soon through Kneel Before the Masters Throne and full-length LP to be spewed forth later this year. No doubt some of our tracks can be downloaded online but I'm not quite sure where.

I'll do the decent thing and check out those other bands when I have a chance. It's an eclectic selection already...
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I played drums on first ATOMIZER demo "Atomic Metal Power", did some rehearsals with LONG VOYAGE BACK (Phil ex-Hobbs etc.. & Sham ex-Nothing Sacred) before anything was released, and played drums in NETHERWORLD!
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Lesser-known project:

Dawnbringer (drums/bass/voice)
http://www.myspace.com/deathofhunger