DETEST - "Thundersteel" MLP 1990

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

DETEST - "Thundersteel" MLP 1990

Post by DaN »

http://www.thecorroseum.org/rev/detest.htm

It's really fucking freaky how finishing the first review in years made me a stressed out wreck all weekend. Dunno how it turned out really. Feels like I keep repeating the same old phrases again and again..

Bah! It's all about the trivia, right? The ice has been broken. Let's see what happens next..
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

From here it's pretty much ready-steady-go for all you reissue labels out there to beat the bloody bootleggers to it. It's bound to happen either way. It's written in the stars.
DaN, track 'em down and go for Corroseum 001, mmkay!?

Oh, my f....ing Dog. I have to have this if only for the cover alone. Reissue on 220grammer and half an inch thick sleeve. I suspect it was quite great as your avatar, but this is even grandioser. Gotta love this paleogeological cover. Reminds me of Under The Sign ... era. Aaaaargh!
I am ... the One you warned me of
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

I have to agree with Noisenik! Impressive cover and wonderful review, I wish this babe will get away from bootleggers at last...
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Noisenik wrote:DaN, track 'em down and go for Corroseum 001, mmkay!?
Me + a friend have actually toyed w/ the idea. We've been in contact w/ an old band member but it all ended sorta akward (long story, partly our fault maybe..)

I'm gonna mail him tonight now that the review is up and see if he is at least open to the idea in case anyone else is interested.

Oh, and if anyone haven't figured it out already, this is of course the true identity of this "mystery band". Happy now, Roman?
Keir

Post by Keir »

Nice to finally see the rest of that cover! Simply beautiful. Sounds like another killer release I'll never get my hands on. :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Which was the uploaded track? That ''soulcrushing monster'' title track? If that was really the best tune of the album, i must say that my interest for Detest is kept at a quite normal level. Nothing mindblowing imo.

The front cover is really cool, epic in a primitive cartoonish way. And your review, Dan, is possibly one the best you've ever written. You know, i always prefered the shorter reviews that ''hit'' the reader directly and didn't bore the shit out of him...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
StygianBlade

Post by StygianBlade »

It is Swedish so it is good :)
tomas

Post by tomas »

Thanks for the update!!!!!!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

What song off of the album was uploaded for the mystery band thread?
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

good review. Good song too, now I can put a name on that track. Even better to see an update to your website!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great review indeed
Long Live The Loud !!!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

FUCK!!!

After reading this I want to hear the EP really badly...
Helm

Post by Helm »

I really like the cover and would like to listen to this eventually. Nice review, I'd love to read more new ones :) !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:FUCK!!!

After reading this I want to hear the EP really badly...
I still need to get back to the bandmember I was in contact with before just to make sure it's OK to upload. Me + a friend got 320kps mp3s of both the EP and the demo taken straight off the masters, but I don't remember what his policy was about spreading the whole recordings. Stay tuned.

Also, I just realized how stupid the comment at the end about "beating the bootleggers to it" was. Could hardly have come up with a better way to alert these bastards, could I? :roll: :oops:
Now edited.
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

Shit this looks so good and the review of it makes me want to hear it pretty badly. I was hoping it would be a real killer out of this world find like Crystal Pride or Randy but I suppose those don't come along too often. I also have to add that the band's logo is absolutely fantastic. Etched onto a rock with lizards crawling on it?! How could it get any better?!