Jonah Quizz Question

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Woooow! How did I miss this topic earlier? :shock:

Welcome Ogre! Great to see an original member form the mighty JONAH QUIZZ here!

A nice demo compilation release with thick booklet, rare pics, info, etc? Hell yeah! I'd be all over it if given a chance! Ogre, please consider me if you decide to purshue this project!

Best,
iordan/Stormspell Records
hload

Post by hload »

hey, ogre you can't find better than bate stormspell....(now i need some booza and lutenica for my PR...and some banica would be just ok,hehehe)
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

stormspell wrote:Woooow! How did I miss this topic earlier? :shock:

A nice demo compilation release with thick booklet, rare pics, info, etc? Hell yeah! I'd be all over it if given a chance! Ogre, please consider me if you decide to purshue this project!

Best,
Funny, I missed it too at first.

Great to see a label come forth on their own. Hopefully a deal will be forged in blood and iron soon. :twisted:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

hload wrote:hey, ogre you can't find better than bate stormspell....(now i need some booza and lutenica for my PR...and some banica would be just ok,hehehe)
Booza and banica? :roll: A real metal would never ask for such poser stuff! You should be given rakia and shopska salata, or nothing at all :wink:
ogre08

Post by ogre08 »

stormspell wrote:Woooow! How did I miss this topic earlier? :shock:

Best,
Hi all
Iordan, thanx a bunch for a great offer. We should have a talk about it, if you have the means and gear to set me up, i have the material. Feel free to PM me.

SeeYa
//Ogre
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Black Axe wrote:Great to see a label come forth on their own. Hopefully a deal will be forged in blood and iron soon. :twisted:
I love the 84 demo. I'm so used to the crappy mp3 sound I wonder how it will sound in good quality.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Nothing wrong with the sound.In my opinion the Jonah Quizz demo is one of the best sounding demos.It sounds a lot better than many LP's or EP's of the 80's.In fact the sound quality can hardly be changed because it is already excellent.Except sadly from the damaged track ''Gå''.
Anyway compositions is what it matters and surely JQ had some of the best.
In a future release don't forget to add the lyrics.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Nothing wrong with the sound.In my opinion the Jonah Quizz demo is one of the best sounding demos.It sounds a lot better than many LP's or EP's of the 80's.In fact the sound quality can hardly be changed because it is already excellent.Except sadly from the damaged track ''Gå''.
I mean the compressed mp3 sound quality vs the original mastertape sound. It can sound really different and much more fuller if transfered properly.

@ogre: Thanks, PM sent. If you get the usual forum "debug error" when trying to open it, dont panic, just hit your borwser's back button and try again, it should open the second time without problem (at least it does for me).
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

Wow! I'm really looking forward to a reissue of the JQ demo!!
ogre08

Post by ogre08 »

stormspell wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:Nothing wrong with the sound.In my opinion the Jonah Quizz demo is one of the best sounding demos.It sounds a lot better than many LP's or EP's of the 80's.In fact the sound quality can hardly be changed because it is already excellent.Except sadly from the damaged track ''Gå''.
I mean the compressed mp3 sound quality vs the original mastertape sound. It can sound really different and much more fuller if transfered properly.

@ogre: Thanks, PM sent. If you get the usual forum "debug error" when trying to open it, dont panic, just hit your borwser's back button and try again, it should open the second time without problem (at least it does for me).
Hi man,
I've hoked you up with a nice fat PM, the story continues.....
Yep, me to believe the sound of the 84 demo was brilliant ,and still do.
Ashame though all of you guys cant enjoy "gå" in the same super quality as for example attack - but i've met up with a pro ( stormspell ) on handling music now thanx to this forum, and we may be working to fix the bug - hang on metalheads.....

SeeYa
//Ogre
Helm

Post by Helm »

Really excited at the prospect of a proper release!
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

Helm wrote:Really excited at the prospect of a proper release!
That would be a most welcome release indeed!
voidghast

Post by voidghast »

After reading through the conversation back and forth about a release I am now really excited as well!
ogre08

Post by ogre08 »

Hi all
I must say that i'm really really surprised that som many of you are into our old demo, i believed it was really good in 1984 - but it has been 23 long years......

Anyway i'm really glad of course, and as you all maybe know i have plans of releasing the demo in a more proffessional way, BUT the road to crisp-ready CD's is still long. I for example have to get togheter with former bandmembers and discuss the idéa and setup, and we have to dig really deep for any kind of booklet material etc.

So, i dont want to make you guys any promisses i cant keep - but i promiss to do all i can to put my plan into action......And if this doesn't work, i am with some help of great friends at this forum ( Thnx Mordred )gonna rip the whole track and medley-stick reguarding ATTACK and GÅ to a more decent copy, And maybe some tracks from an earlier demo aswell....

SeeYa
//Ogre
Bourreau

Post by Bourreau »

Haha I've put "Attack" as the alarm tune on my cell phone. It doesn't work very well though, since I always wake up and end up listening until it ends, only to fall asleep again :D