Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Fucking Åmål

Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Before a couple of days i grabed Nifelheim's new album.What a great record is it surely a great surprise.I am playing this album lot of times and can't get enough.This is the 3rd CD i have heard from Nifelheim(also Nifelheim and Devil's Force) and it seems it is the most ''slow'' from the other two.Anyway Nifelheim delivered the best 2007 album(together with Crystal Viper)for me so far and i am glad there are bands playing so old school and perfect in our times.Out of those 3 records i have heard from Nifelheim all are to me godly i can't pick easily their finest moment.Black metal needs more bands like Nifelheim or Marduk.Any opinions about the new album?Or you have not heard it yet?If not what you wait for?
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

I ordered it, still waiting on it to arrive. I couldn't resist downloading the album though as it was leaked on torrent sites weeks before its release. Anyway indeed it is a great album - very good musically (reminds me of Mercyful Fate mixed with Iron Maiden on cocaine). The vocals are somewhat different from their last full lengths but I think it fits the music well. Looking forward to the vinyl version also whenever that is unleashed.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I'm not too familiar with Nifelheim, but the tracks I know from them are outstanding pieces of metal art. I'm gonna order the cd's from NWN and take a dive into Nifelheim. 8)
Long Live The Loud !!!
wyzard

Post by wyzard »

Satanic black metal
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

wyzard wrote:Satanic black metal

Dude, are you trying to hit the 25-posts limit as fast as you can?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

pms sent to all parties interested!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

It's their weakest album. After desperately trying to find these fantastic moments I've had with their earlier albums, I realized I had to stop it. I put on the first Nifelheim album and remember the madness that was... Well, album cover is nice at least
Fun records
Metalipeiklo

Re: Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Fucking Åmål wrote:is the 3rd CD i have heard from Nifelheim(also Nifelheim and Devil's Force)

If not what you wait for?
Hey man, you GOT to buy "Servants of Darkness"! What are you waiting for? It's maybe the best black metal album ever.
Fun records
tomas

Post by tomas »

I think Nifelheim are good but they are definitely overrated (in my opinion)!
I only heard one song from the new album and it was OK. Although sometimes it sounded like Dissection vs. *insert random new German metalcore band here*
wyzard

Post by wyzard »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:is the 3rd CD i have heard from Nifelheim(also Nifelheim and Devil's Force)

If not what you wait for?
Hey man, you GOT to buy "Servants of Darkness"! What are you waiting for? It's maybe the best black metal album ever.
Certainly after FUNERAL MIST's ''Salvation'' and WATAIN's ''Rabid death's curse''.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Metalipeiklo wrote:

:shock: I thought Devil's Force was their finest and most brutal moment.Anyway i'll have my eyes open when i am searching in the shops.

That recommendations about Funeral Mist and Watain are interesting i keep an eye for them too.

And the cover is awesome the death in the cover reminds me of the one in ''Black Writs'' cover :wink:

Another similar band to Nifelheim apart from Marduk,Dissection is the mighty Sacramentum.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Devil' Force is one of my alltime favorite black metal records! I can't even compare Nifelheim to Marduk, as Nifelheim is probably strongest black metal band today. Marduk had it's moments in middle nineties, I still have few of their records from those days. Oh those teenage years! They also played very good gig in Helsinki around 96-97.

Watain is more in Dissection vein I think. I have Casus Luciferi LP, should give it a spin, it's quite good actually. Another band I have always missed when they are in Helsinki, last time when they were supporting Dissection I was still sitting in a pub when they played...
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

New Nifelheim is certainly the most restrained of their albums, but also the best composed I think. Too early to say yet if the lack of a REALLY bestial element will keep it out of my player in favour of the others, but it has some superb songs on.
vansinne

Post by vansinne »

I love this album, certainly the best (along with Countess - Blazing Flames of War) of the admittedly quite few black metal albums I've heard this year.
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Nifelheim never reminded me of the other Swedish bands mentioned here. In my opinion, they're a mixture of Treblinka, early Torr, Obscurity, and of course a certain English band no one has ever heard of.

Is the LP version of 'Envoy of Lucifer' out yet? I heard the album once, and whilst it was not quite up to their usual standard, it seemed to be one of those releases that will get better by the listen.